It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I had an oversized head as a child and things came very easily for me in public school, does this mean I"m an "indigo"?

Seriously, we all have latent genius abilities and are children of light and love, all of us. It's absurd to differentiate yourself in this way, imho.

Better to draw out the "indigo" in everyone, no?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To believe you are responsible for changing the world is a very dangerous idea.
However - If you have understanding of something which will help another soul then I believe it is your duty to help that other. How do you do that - Well if you force your ideas upon another or create a dogma you are no better than those who indoctrinate - All one can do is to offer information appropriately and step back if the other refuses/disagrees - To try convince is wrong for them and you -
State your truth clearly and allow the other their free choice to believe or disbelieve - Some demand proof yet some things are not provable even though one may understand it to be so - It is up to all to consider new ideas and find their own proof or not.
We all know the feeling of knowing something is real and true yet that is not proof to others - Let all find their own proof rather than rely on what another writes or says no matter who that may be - So many take as fact what the academic mainstream say without question or enquiry.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by Atzil321

Well being 'special' to anyone else is not an indigo way of thinking. Those claims usually come from people like yourself who hate and don't understand others beliefs. The fact is that you don't have to because we are all unique.

Ask youself this:
Have you ever been insulted by an indigo or have your charactor assessed or vaguely generalised for what you believe?
It is insulting to be labelled as mentally unstable or suffering from a tramatic life. My mentality is quite stable, thank you.
Perhaps that is what seperates Indigo from non indigo?

Sorry, it's some people riding on a ridiculous new age personality cult, I hate to be rude, I truly do, but self delusion is so pitiful to see. Hey, but if it floats your boat, then go with it.

You do realize that historical accounts from civilizations long dead also acknowledge the presence of Indigo people?

Even TheSpiritScience from Youtube mentions it, and he usually only includes factually or theoretically plausible stuff.
edit on CWednesdaypm353508f08America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

If you are going to quote a new age spiritual 'science' youtube video, then frankly you have fairly much bought into the whole nonsense haven't you? Could you perhaps provide something a little more substantial that isn't full of ridiculous claims without any kind of fact whatsoever or realise it's nothing more than a money grabbing little scam that sadly some people have deluded themselves to believe because it gives them some feeling of greater destiny.

It's not like you have anything better to contribute, except spouting the same stuff as hundreds of other people. Your grasp of the subject is not exceptional.

The man who compiled the information took his data from historical records...WRITTEN PROOFS.

Really, you have no more argument than he does, besides, "Oh, that sounds ridiculous." Yes, they said that to the wright brothers too, didn't they? And those same people wouldn't have DREAMED of a device that allows you to converse with someone on the other side of the world as easily as though you were face to face.

Have I made my point?
edit on CWednesdaypm161616f16America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Have you made your point? Yes, you are young and for some reason feel yourself distanced from others. That's quite natural, there are few people who have never felt like that. Where your point is moot is that you think that in some manner that really does set you apart from others. Trust me, it doesn't. Perhaps you have a complex that makes you see other peoples lives as more two dimensional than what you believe is your own three dimensional life - that's lack of empathy.

The written proofs that you speak of are worthless, you are in effect buying snake oil, I hope it comforts you.

Sorry, I can't resist, your 'grasp of the subject' (lol) must be more exceptional, you buy into this, I don't. I don't because there is nothing, nothing behind this except at the most a money scamming con to make parents and people with a needy personality feel they are somehow blessed. Good for you, stick to youtube for your fun rather than lining someones pockets though.
edit on 29-2-2012 by something wicked because: Last para

edit on 29-2-2012 by something wicked because: typo.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well being 'special' to anyone else is not an indigo way of thinking. Those claims usually come from people like yourself who hate and don't understand others beliefs. The fact is that you don't have to because we are all unique.

What a complete LIE. Since day one, self-described "Indigos" characterized themselves as advanced ET souls incarnated into human form to help aid our species during its difficult period of transition.

That is the root of the Indigo belief system. It takes several variations but that is where it started. And now you go around saying "We don't think we're special, you people (whatever that means) always throw such labels on us because you feel insecure!"

So you're an advanced ET spirit entity just kickin' it with us typical humans... but you're not special or advanced? How can you juggle such contradictory beliefs? You can't have it both ways.

I understand what's going on, I really do. You honestly believe that you're special, but because part of the Indigo 'faith system' is to be humble and not dominated by ego, you immediately shut off such selfish feelings and focus on the humility aspect. But the two are fundamentally contradictory. That's why you appear so confused to outsiders, who have a more objective perspective on this issue.

Ask youself this:
Have you ever been insulted by an indigo or have your charactor assessed or vaguely generalised for what you believe?
It is insulting to be labelled as mentally unstable or suffering from a tramatic life. My mentality is quite stable, thank you.

Have I ever been insulted by an 'Indigo?' Do you count? Because you are insulting people you see as 'not Indigo' every time you claim to be one.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

What a complete LIE. Since day one, self-described "Indigos" characterized themselves as advanced ET souls incarnated into human form to help aid our species during its difficult period of transition.

That is the root of the Indigo belief system. It takes several variations but that is where it started. And now you go around saying "We don't think we're special, you people (whatever that means) always throw such labels on us because you feel insecure!"

So you're an advanced ET spirit entity just kickin' it with us typical humans... but you're not special or advanced? How can you juggle such contradictory beliefs? You can't have it both ways.

I understand what's going on, I really do. You honestly believe that you're special, but because part of the Indigo 'faith system' is to be humble and not dominated by ego, you immediately shut off such selfish feelings and focus on the humility aspect. But the two are fundamentally contradictory. That's why you appear so confused to outsiders, who have a more objective perspective on this issue.

Ask youself this:

Have I ever been insulted by an 'Indigo?' Do you count? Because you are insulting people you see as 'not Indigo' every time you claim to be one.

Haha not being an indigo an insult. i think you need to take a break from this thread bub. your honestly telling me your insulted cause "your not an indigo" please grow up oh and i would check the definition of an insult. this thread started out to be very interesting. but do to these internet tough guys it min as well be high treason or heresy to have a different view on life and the universe itself. oh and just to let everybody know you will get much further in life with an open mind instead constantly trying to refute claims such as these.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm gonna let yall finish but I just wanna say one thing: Real indigos do not go around claiming to be indigo. Indigos don't feel superior because they know their talents are latent abilities we all possess. They're just the way-showers. They want us to be like them so they will never work to make you feel lesser or greater than them. Just my two cents.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by blackcube
Indigo BS... If these "child/adults" don't have a clue what to do... there is no hope for them... If they don't ever bother to read the newspapers and see the messed times we live.

Next generation/color please!!!

There are many purposes for Indigos, some are suffering to create awareness.

Awareness of what?

Other have another mission. It has to do with what the bible calls "Judgment Day". This day the Indigos will know what their purpose is/was.

Judgment Day? What should that mean? It's about the fairy tale wrote in that book originated from Middle East? What issue is to be analysed? Who is judging?

I know what my purpose is here on this "rotten" planet. It's a very long and personal story that you won't believe and if my research is correct (which I don't doubt), on Judgment Day people will get aware of what they were doing.

Again about such judgment day... I don't get.

Being Indigo doesn't make me less human and I make also mistakes, but compared with what other people did to me, it is close to a miracle I didn't became like them.

What? You mean somehow you are special because people did things to you. What is these things? Somehow these things done make you more pure/special that children that didn't experience THE THING. If they experienced the THING they could become A or B... The A you turn like the rest of us... but B you are indigo?

What happens if some children never experience THE THING? The THING must be very common to happen to all the children around the f@#$!#$ globe because even the little child in the middle of Amazon Jungle must had experienced THE THING because they are not INDIGO.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
no such thing as indigo children, in my opinon. Just humans that no no limit to their own potential and soul. I believe anyone can do anything and there is no true limit, its just some people do not get trapped by societies conscioussness limitations and restrictions.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Just to add a bit more to your question of what *enlightenment* might be or look like...

I'm remembering an old gentleman I once knew...within my own culture he was the Ariki/Paramount Chief of one of the Iwi/Tribes I'm a descendent of...he was a man who just radiated the most humble strength I've ever experienced.

Even as a young child, growing up running around our peoples Marae/Traditional 'Meeting House', I came to know him as such an amazing man.

In his later years (he's been passed quite a few years now) his physical body deteriorated - as it does with age - to the point he spent much of his time in a wheelchair...his body was so frail, so fragile, but his strength of spirit was so very apparent.

As the Ariki he was responsible for the welfare of all our Iwi - a population numbering in the many 10s of thousands. He was someone who shouldered that responsibility so subtely - yet also so strongly. And ALWAYS with love. The term "He commanded respect" doesn't even begin to describe it...

When he spoke he spoke so softly...yet what he said and how he said it just (only way I can describe it is) washed over you like a warm summer breeze...you just *felt* the 'truth' and the 'love' in each and every syllable...even if it was something you may not have wanted to hear, it was always said in a way that felt and fitted *right* with you internally...it resonated with your own inner-spirit if that makes any sense...

Again - he was the Ariki.
He was the head, the top-dog, noone above him in the Iwi if you were to view it from some form of hierachial perspective...he had the power and mandate within the Iwi to basically do and say anything...but that mantle of *power* was something that never once seemed to in any way *corrupt* him. Instead if anything he embraced that as motivation to serve others all the more deeply...to in many ways *lower* himself before others and place everyone elses needs and desires before his own.

As an example:
One day - I must have been maybe 5 years old at the time - there was a big tribal meeting. Huge gathering of a few thousand people.
I was out playing around in the local streams and whatnot, as kids do, while this meeting was happening. When it came time to have lunch I was still playing around in the water so got back to the Wharekai/Dining House late...everyone was well into their meal by then.

This man saw me poking my head in the door looking around for a spare place on one of the tables or a bit of food to eat...and he got up from the main-table he was seated at and being served at...walked right through the Wharekai up to me, took my hand and led me back to his table. He sat me on his knee and started feeding me from his own plate.

The adults and elders around rushed over to usher me away and/or to 'remove me from the Ariki lest I burden him'. It certainly wouldn't have been seen as his role - of all people - to feed one of the children.
But he oh so softly let them know that every member of the tribe was just as important as any other...every child was one of his own..."

Thats how he was. Thats WHO he was. One of the most beautiful souls/spirits I've ever been blessed to have met in this world.

Again, just my own opinion:
I think *enlightenment* is a process more than a 'place', an 'end-point'.
This physical embodiment we experience in this realm can likely at best offer us steps and learnings along the way of that journey...but its only a small part of the whole journey...
I personally believe the next parts of it come when we leave these physical embodiments and continue on our journies in our spiritual 'embodiments'...who knows...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, I have lurked on this site for years and despite all the amazing threads I have come across in my time regrettably I have never bothered contributing. I have been happy taking in the information and despite feeling guilty never taken the time to even log in. That's why it shames me that the first time I've bothered responding is to contribute to this terrible thread out of complete frustration. Someone calling themselves an indigo adult, yet asking that everyone ignores someone who has raised valid opinions just because they differ from theirs. Becoming clearly frustrated because of the valid points they have raised. I find that absolutely appalling, this is a forum for discussion. You have asked that other members ignore their opinion because it differs from yours??! Are you for real? You call yourself an indigo adult yet cannot accept that people may have a view different to yours? Correct me if I'm wrong but Indigo's claim to have felt different to other people for most of their lives. If that is the case you would expect you would be used to people not sharing the same opinion. In that case I would imagine you would have found a better way to deal with this difference of opinion without throwing a childish tantrum, requesting everyone to ignore the opinion of someone who has a different view to yours.

If you're an example of the enlightened ones who are meant to guide the rest of us through the transition of a higher global conciousness, then God help humanity.

Shameful

Now I've had chance to chill out a bit, I thought I would also quickly take the opportunity to say hello and thank you to this great community. As mentioned above I have lurked for so long on here and you have provided hours of entertainment and I have learnt an awful lot. So to all you worthwhile contributers, thank you very much for keeping this community alive so that us lazy lurkers can take advantage of the time and effort you go to. I just wish I had contributed from the start. Also to the Indigo for filling me with that much frustration that you finally made me contribute..... So much for bringer of light and peace though, all you brought me was a headache caused by frustration due to your ignorance. Well I suppose that's one of the elements that makes ATS great and has kept me lurking day after day for so many years.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Malacoda because: In order to edit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
wow one paragraph thats it? your not even going to tell us why you feel your indigo? only thing worse then that is the people that fell for it. im spiderman, but im only gonna save your life if i feel like it. thats what topic writer sounds like.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Another star for your post - Such a heartwarming story - If only such wisdom and true enlightenment were shown by world leaders it would be like a Paradise on Earth.
I have known one who displayed such wise ways in my lfe - She is still with me like a part of who I am - I feel honoured to have known her as you must your wise one

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I don´t think they would have a clear objective that they are aware off. Just the fact that a different way of thinking is created, is what might prepare for or initiate changes.

thinking is dangerous. it is completely manipulated by your environment. i think it is best avoided.

Hello everyone, my name is Rachaell and I am new to this site. Scanning the topics and reading the replies I came across this thread and would like to reply to it. It is a very interesting thread and so are the links that are given. But in answer to "thinking is dangerous", yes it can be unless a person uses it to manipulate the environment instead of allowing it to manipulate you. This is the difference between leaders and those who follow them.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You live life and that's it. The answer is always simple. That's how life is. All things start out very simple and THEN become complex but there is simplicity, a simple answer behind all things.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowIsThe
reply to post by bastardo

Most are too young yet to be behind the camera.

They have an artistic ability. But, their higher spiritual energy puts them at an advantage in front of it. They are angelic in away that captivates the viewer. They do have some of the most powerful orgasims we've seen in the business. You can't miss them; their eyes are like dimonds.

This doesn't surprise me including your previous comment about they're all in the porn industry.
It is I believe the driving factor of the indigo, or what ever other name people want to see it called
It's love
it's the receding division between humans two sexes, it is my guess people will see this more often and thank goodness. It doesn't matter how it's expressed, so long as it is.
The fact that you understand what you are looking at comes with a very specific responsibility too
Wonder if the guys in the films know what they've got in front of them.
Do you think they do?

Every person on the planet searches for those diamond eyes, not realising it's they themselves stopping themselves from seeing it and being it.

Great thread

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
we are here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and our 'masters' have just stopped the bubblegum supply...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Doesn't being "Indigo" just mean that your aura is indigo? I have always personally felt different from everyone else and feel that I think in a different way. But I Guess most people do, part of being human I suppose. I am no special snowflake. We are all made from the same stuff, one and the same. This is what we must realise and stop coming up with stuff to differentiate ourselves from each other.
edit on 29/2/12 by Starcaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rachaell

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I don´t think they would have a clear objective that they are aware off. Just the fact that a different way of thinking is created, is what might prepare for or initiate changes.

thinking is dangerous. it is completely manipulated by your environment. i think it is best avoided.

Hello everyone, my name is Rachaell and I am new to this site. Scanning the topics and reading the replies I came across this thread and would like to reply to it. It is a very interesting thread and so are the links that are given. But in answer to "thinking is dangerous", yes it can be unless a person uses it to manipulate the environment instead of allowing it to manipulate you. This is the difference between leaders and those who follow them.

Hi Rachaell and welcome to the site.
What you say is true though there are leaders who never declare themselves as such and lead by example and not by manipulation - Alas we are generally lead by leaders who manipulate.
Yet I know so many see through the manipulation and this gives us all hope for a better fairer world

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You have the Duty ......

The rest ... very true.

Don 't ask me why ... I don't know it, but I clicked the signature.

Do you know what the dream painting is ?
I was drawing it non stop without apparent reason... Dreaming about it .. night after night. At work .. I couldn't stop. having dinner drawing in the table paper whithout listening to the people talking to me... asking myself what it was...
This happened befora but ... these last 60 days ....
I took vacations two weeks ago.. My mother as a heart problem and also because i couldn't stay at work ... I couldn't stop thinking about it..
Now i know ...
Your painting about egypt ... the woman ...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
this is helping, thank you everyone.

I have also always wondered why others didnt think about things like I do.

Its simply called having a personality and opinions.

Everyone has diffeent brain chemistry. Some people are left handed, some right. I have always found it funny that adults identify as indigos. As children and teens i can understand it. They all want to think they are "special", and in a way, we all are. But no one is better or more enlightened in the way indigos (whatever that really means), think they are.

Let me simply ask this of the OP. What makes you think that you are "indigo" while others are not? Do you believe you are kinder? More empathetic? Enjoy animals? These are all different personalities different people have. Unless you can prove you have superhuman powers, i have no idea why anyone would call themselves "indigo" with a straight face.

We are all special and unique.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join