It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
I have long known that I fit this "category" (for lack of a better term) very well. What I DON'T know is-- what is the purpose of Indigos? Why are we here as part of the world now and in this time?

Would appreciate any links to study this.

Sorry for being so abrupt, but there is no easy way to say this..... so your parents thought you were so much special than the other children and bought into the indigo child crap....... and you don't know what you should be doing? I'm guessing act like a spoilt child in adult form? Sorry, nothing personal, but this is a personality cult for celebrity seeking parents - I don't know, sue them?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just feel like sharing my personal opinion about Indigos since I didn't yet and just posted a link.

I don't think I am an Indigo. I know some folks that I am sure are true Indigos. And I like them. They have an outside life like all of us but they cherish their inner life. They are peaceful people. They respect the environment and contribute what they can. They talk of love and unity. What's wrong with that?

They lead by example. They raise their children well. They still have strong values. They are not religious but spiritual. Again, what's wrong with that?

They believe that we are at a crossroad. The World as we know it is about to change.

They have an aversion for power, greed and slavery. They believe we are all equal. They hate injustice. Really...

What's wrong with that?

Fantasies and Dreamlands? Maybe. But who's the happiest ??

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by Atzil321

Well being 'special' to anyone else is not an indigo way of thinking. Those claims usually come from people like yourself who hate and don't understand others beliefs. The fact is that you don't have to because we are all unique.

Ask youself this:
Have you ever been insulted by an indigo or have your charactor assessed or vaguely generalised for what you believe?
It is insulting to be labelled as mentally unstable or suffering from a tramatic life. My mentality is quite stable, thank you.
Perhaps that is what seperates Indigo from non indigo?

Sorry, it's some people riding on a ridiculous new age personality cult, I hate to be rude, I truly do, but self delusion is so pitiful to see. Hey, but if it floats your boat, then go with it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Well being 'special' to anyone else is not an indigo way of thinking. Those claims usually come from people like yourself who hate and don't understand others beliefs. The fact is that you don't have to because we are all unique.

Ask youself this:
Have you ever been insulted by an indigo or have your charactor assessed or vaguely generalised for what you believe?
It is insulting to be labelled as mentally unstable or suffering from a tramatic life. My mentality is quite stable, thank you.

Sorry, it's some people riding on a ridiculous new age personality cult, I hate to be rude, I truly do, but self delusion is so pitiful to see. Hey, but if it floats your boat, then go with it.

You do realize that historical accounts from civilizations long dead also acknowledge the presence of Indigo people?

Even TheSpiritScience from Youtube mentions it, and he usually only includes factual or theoretically plausible stuff. Sorry if the "souls from another world" line is too fairytale for your modernized and sheeplified mind...
edit on CWednesdaypm141409f09America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Ask youself this:

You do realize that historical accounts from civilizations long dead also acknowledge the presence of Indigo people?

Even TheSpiritScience from Youtube mentions it, and he usually only includes factually or theoretically plausible stuff.
edit on CWednesdaypm353508f08America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

If you are going to quote a new age spiritual 'science' youtube video, then frankly you have fairly much bought into the whole nonsense haven't you? Could you perhaps provide something a little more substantial that isn't full of ridiculous claims without any kind of fact whatsoever or realise it's nothing more than a money grabbing little scam that sadly some people have deluded themselves to believe because it gives them some feeling of greater destiny.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by Nana2

I also match almost every single trait that could possibly describe a so- called "Indigo." I am young but carry a level of intellect and wisdom far beyond my years,

Arrogance personified.

"I know one thing, that I know nothing" (Attributed to Socrates by Plato)
Ponder it. Then define wisdom and intellect to yourself again.

You are in for a world of disappointment if you carry this particular delusion with you throughout your life. "Knowing" things leads, more often than not, to finding out you were wrong, this can be a shattering blow to many.
We're all snowflakes...to ourselves...we're all different...to ourselves.
It's only dangerous when is becomes a self organizing (usually someone profits) shared delusion.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by SteffieJo
I've been reading through all the comments, and to be honest, I am a little confused. What I got so far is that an Indigo thinks differently than other people, and they are here to help guide people to strive for a peaceful future. Am I right? I guess what I'm not understanding is, do Indigo's have any special abilities? Can a person work to become an Indigo, or are they just born that way?

Thanks in advance for whoever helps me understand.

Starchildren

Psychic and healing abilities, apparently. I don't exhibit these traits, but then again, I am rather young and still accessing the mysteries of the universe. I suspect I may have been psychically blocked...how, I don't know, but it's possible.

Essentially, you are correct. No, Indigoes are born, not made. It resides within the soul. The site I linked should tell you everything you desire to know.

If you don't exhibit any of the traits...how do you know you are one of them?

I meant the psychicm and healing stuff. But then, I'm relatively young (not even 30 yet) so perhaps I should give it time. One thing is certain though...I haven't met a single person who views the world or thinks the same way I do.

I have always felt alone, but now I am at peace with it, because I feel there is a purpose to it...that perhaps, I am above and beyond, or just separate, in some way, for a reason. Is it better to not have a purpose?
edit on CWednesdaypm484813f13America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ask youself this:

Even TheSpiritScience from Youtube mentions it, and he usually only includes factually or theoretically plausible stuff.
edit on CWednesdaypm353508f08America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

If you are going to quote a new age spiritual 'science' youtube video, then frankly you have fairly much bought into the whole nonsense haven't you? Could you perhaps provide something a little more substantial that isn't full of ridiculous claims without any kind of fact whatsoever or realise it's nothing more than a money grabbing little scam that sadly some people have deluded themselves to believe because it gives them some feeling of greater destiny.

It's not like you have anything better to contribute, except spouting the same stuff as hundreds of other people. Your grasp of the subject is not exceptional.

The man who compiled the information took his data from historical records...WRITTEN PROOFS.

Really, you have no more argument than he does, besides, "Oh, that sounds ridiculous." Yes, they said that to the wright brothers too, didn't they? And those same people wouldn't have DREAMED of a device that allows you to converse with someone on the other side of the world as easily as though you were face to face.

Have I made my point?
edit on CWednesdaypm161616f16America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Own opinion:

The people I've seen and heard tossing around that 'e' word - enlightenment - I tend to find probably don't at all encapsulate what I'd assume enlightment actually meant...then again I'm highly likely not an enlightened being so probably wouldn't be able to recognise it if it jumped up, bit me in the kneecap and said "Hi. I'm enlightement. And I just jumped up and bit you in the kneecap"

...kinda think those who are just are...its obvious enough without having to go telling anyone about it...

Old saying from my people:
"Kaore te kumara e korerohia e pa ana ki tona reka"
"The Kumara (sweet potato) doesn't speak about its own sweetness"

...ie: It doesn't have to, the sweetness is evident to those who partake of it...a more modern translation might be "Don't waste your time tooting your own horn"...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Well, sir, could you define your own version of "enlightenment"? Perhaps that is the problem...no one really knows what it means yet, because it is a superhuman state.

Humans cannot define that which is beyond human perception/comprehension.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Star for your post -
Though I do not dismiss that there are those who are different ie they do not go along with the mainstream of society or it's ideas and feel out of place and can not comprehend why the world is the way it is. Why war famine and other Human misery - A child can often see the solutions/answers - What happened to the child we all were before being indoctrinated into the madness of this world?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Let's not forget that everything we know about this universe that we live in, is essentially...nothing.

Don't get too carried away with declaring what is and is not possible or real.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Whatever it is your good at, get real good at it and use it to change this #ty world. We all have our special talents. Some of us have found them, but not all. It's part of waking up.

Also, everyone is thspecial. Indigos are just a different type of special.

The one indigo trait I recall NOT having is this one (paraphrasing): Indigos feel entitled to be here.

Ha! I don't. In fact I feel absolutely insulted to be here! What the hell were my biologicals (parents) thinking??? Oh well, now that I'm here I might as well do something with my time but I'm still pissed. *shakes fist at sky*

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Really man? Thank god it's not left up to you to change the direction of the planet or we'd all be screwed. That's exactly what they want us to --- do. Is that your approach to life?
edit on 29-2-2012 by alien because: ---snipped the swears---

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by alien

Well, sir, could you define your own version of "enlightenment"? Perhaps that is the problem...no one really knows what it means yet, because it is a superhuman state.

Enlightenment is an over rated word and is usually associated with spirituality - Yet in truth to be enlightened is to merely be informed.
I believe Humans can define what is beyond the information we receive via Human senses.
Yet most live their lifes by the premise that they are merely the body they inhabit - There is so much more than science can ever explain or detect yet it is almost like a new god.

edit on 29-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

I have to leave at the moment, but I just wanted to take a second to thank you for taking time out to explain some things to me. I honestly appreciate it. I will be back later this evening, because I would like to discuss some things if that would be okay. Your answer was not condescending which is much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wish I had your answer, but hang in there, I have been hanging out for almost 74 years. Part of your answer might be to just expand your abilities and find some inner truth, who you are really and your purpose. What I know is, you may make connections, you will be given a little information, but not much and then you will try and make sense out of what you have discovered.

What not to do. Don't buy into anyone eases belief's, seek your own truth. This is even a more lonely path, but it will net you more in the end, be open and listen within. Then when you think you are arriving, others will still think you odd, so now you will need patience and not be pushy as that won't work at all.

A few years ago, I became pretty good at TK, enough so I could move disks from a long ways away, good enough, I could not understand why others could not do this. I am an ex science teacher so I performed an experiment. One which I put out there on a few sites and had it promptly removed for some reason. The jest is this.

I would invite non believers whom were in my home to will the discs to move and almost a 100 percent could easily do it, so easily they lost interest and never tried it again. What I found is, having knowledge and or abilities and being in the presence of others transfers this to those around you on a level which you and I don't see or perhaps understand. Much of what I have woke up to, my growth transfers to my wife whom is a major skeptic. Doing this a year or so ago all the time in her presence and she noticed but did not believe. The other day, she watched and was astounded that is was real, folks do pick up.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ask youself this:

Even TheSpiritScience from Youtube mentions it, and he usually only includes factual or theoretically plausible stuff. Sorry if the "souls from another world" line is too fairytale for your modernized and sheeplified mind...
edit on CWednesdaypm141409f09America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Expertly put people are so quick to shoot down any shred of a link to greater knowledge or enlightenment. But hey what do you expect they have been programmed to think like this over the years.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

...and right there is the crux of the whole thing...

As a male I could read every book under the sun about what its like to be a female, I could spend all my life living with only females, I spend every moment of every day discussing all the ins and outs of the female experience with females...and while I may gain some understanding of what it might be like to be female I will still likely fundamentally NOT get it...

...I will still, by virtue of being male not fully appreciate the many variables and nuances of the female experience...I will still not know what being female is like...

All we can go by is *gut* is *assumption* is *intuition*, *whatever*...I'm just assuming - and could well be flawed in doing so - that an 'enlightened person' is someone who also conveys that (seemingly so rare these days) sense of quiet, warm humility in everything they do...

...have to say that many people I've come across who claim to be Indigos act and speak in a fashion that doesn't appear to be very humble...

...but again...I'm just assuming...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

reply to post by alien

Enlightenment is an over rated word and is usually associated with spirituality - Yet in truth to be enlightened is to merely be informed.
I believe Humans can define what is beyond the information we receive via Human senses.
Yet most live their lifes by the premise that they are merely the body they inhabit - That is so much more than science can ever explain or detect yet it is almost like a new god.

I think that human definitions for human ideas does not include that which is beyond human perception. It is similar to a dog describing morals...it's beyond the dog's perception (assuming the dog can talk
) and therefore beyond the dog's definition.

You could even define it for the dog and it still wouldn't be understood.

Other than that, I agree with you.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join