It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you're an Indigo Adult, now what?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Here's my favorite videos about Indigo's and a quick history lesson about them. Whether people believe in Indigos or not these videos are still fun to watch. Funny thing I noticed about the Indigo subject, those that don't believe in this also seem to be really angry and quick to put down and resort to name calling. So these types of threads usually receive a lot of responses, both good and bad.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by SteffieJo
I've been reading through all the comments, and to be honest, I am a little confused. What I got so far is that an Indigo thinks differently than other people, and they are here to help guide people to strive for a peaceful future. Am I right? I guess what I'm not understanding is, do Indigo's have any special abilities? Can a person work to become an Indigo, or are they just born that way?

Thanks in advance for whoever helps me understand.

Starchildren

Psychic and healing abilities, apparently. I don't exhibit these traits, but then again, I am rather young and still accessing the mysteries of the universe. I suspect I may have been psychically blocked...how, I don't know, but it's possible.

Essentially, you are correct. No, Indigoes are born, not made. It resides within the soul. The site I linked should tell you everything you desire to know.

If you don't exhibit any of the traits...how do you know you are one of them?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
One time my mother told me when i was older
that she went to see a medium dont know the reasons it was a long time ago
the medium woman told her we were very close in past lifes (me and my mother)
and that i had an old soul ...why can i not remember anything ??

This old soul thing .. i took it with a grain of salt

Physical bodies are limited in their capacities to retain information etc. Its like a fresh hard drive with every incarnation. If you have any questions, meditate and ask your higher self to guide you to find the answers that you seek. I've picked up some automatic writing to help myself communicate better with my higher self. Everyone here in physical bodies are just a fragment of their true selves. Your true self lies in your higher consciousness, which remembers all of your past lives and all of your experiences.

Going to go off on a tangent here and teach you something I learned recently on organic portals. 50% of us are born with individuated souls, and the other 50% have what is like a group soul, like the wolves and bees. 10% of their personalities are they're own, but the other 90% of it runs with the pack... Facebook is a great example of this, where people run in herds. Instead of doing research on their own, they'll check in with the pack to see what they really should be doing. Organic Portals
edit on 29-2-2012 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

I do a lot of thinking but i cant meditate

is by meditation you mean sit down legcrossed with the closed eyes ?
i dont feel comfortable in that position

laying down on the back .. is the best to me when i start thinking

edit on 2/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
I have long known that I fit this "category" (for lack of a better term) very well. What I DON'T know is-- what is the purpose of Indigos? Why are we here as part of the world now and in this time?

Would appreciate any links to study this.

I'm curious as well. Before I poo-poo the Indigo concept, I wish someone would try to enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
All indigos know that they are supposed to do something huge. But none of them know what.
But when the times comes, they all will know.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

I think this sums up the whole issue perfectly. Nodoby has a clue what they are talking about here.

Indigo people are different but dont want to be called different.

Different people are different but dont want to be called indigo.

I see a lot of people here say they believe they are different, they knew it from the moment they were born. The fact is that all of the factors that make up your environment make you believe you are different. DIfferences are pointed out to you from the beginning. They are re-enforced on you all your life Then you grow and older and find no one agrres with you and fall in the trap that you really are different. No one understands you. This society thrives on making people think they are different from everybody else.

People are all the same , they just think differently. These special indigo people belive they are more understanding and caring. Everyone wants everyone else to be happy. People are generally not happy if they think their friends and family are not happy. Its just are nature to be caring and understanding.

Like I said before. Thinking is dangerous, it is best avoided. I was mocked for stating this already. Well , so be it. It won't stop me from saying it again.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah it was really hard for me to start meditating also, I have a very chatty mind, I'm never bored.
What is really hard, and still challenging for me now, is to clear the mind. Only with the clear mind can you hear the subtleties coming from your guides.

Lying on your back works and I do try this, but the problem here is that I always seem to fall asleep. That in itself is not bad since we do a lot of work on the astral plane but we forget most of it if not all when we wake up. I don't sit in the Lotus position where your feet on or top of your knees, I just sit in the Indian style like we did in school. Sitting straight up in a chair with your feet flat on the floor is another way, which is often called the western way.

Its important to ground yourself by imagining your root chakra sending a cord of light to the earth. Some will also visualize cords coming from your ovaries or testes to ground you even better. Then call on the energy of above to come in through from the top, your crown chakra, your higher self. Gold is its color, white is a healing color, but really whatever color you use is up to you and what they mean to you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

Some common challenges of Indigos * Feeling alone, separate or misunderstood * Your depth of feeling and thinking is often different than those around you * Unusually sensitivities * Feel limited by the normal world around * You’re a visionary with unusual hopes, aspirations and sense of purpose

So a indigo is basically a potential highschool shooter ?

Can someone educate me on the full list of requirements one needs to know to verify someone as a 'indigo'.

And more importantly, Point out where these requirements came from,tu.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

edit on CWednesdaypm333352f52America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Its pretty obviouse from reading the criteria for an "indigo" that these are arbitrary qualities that are easily attributed to any person, in one sense or another.

Just another hoax cooked up with the goal of trying to make you believe that your special.

This just in: you are special! but, not because of some easily generalizable qualities... because most people identify with those qualities in some sense.

Your special because of your individual humanity, not some self-agrandized exclusionary group of self-proclaimed pre-madonna prophets.

Pathetically sad way of thinking, really.

Indigoes stick together. Don't worry about that.

case and point.. lol.

No one really knows a lot about it.

Your opinion is your own. Let's agree to disagree, yes?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by bastardo

Some common challenges of Indigos * Feeling alone, separate or misunderstood * Your depth of feeling and thinking is often different than those around you * Unusually sensitivities * Feel limited by the normal world around * You’re a visionary with unusual hopes, aspirations and sense of purpose

So a indigo is basically a potential highschool shooter ?

Can someone educate me on the full list of requirements one needs to know to verify someone as a 'indigo'.

And more importantly, Point out where these requirements came from,tu.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

Once again...

Starchildren

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

What I remember from what I have read about Indigo children is:

- They have a very definite purpose in life

- A high IQ

- Have an accurate intuition

- They want peace in the world

- unusual abilities

- very empathic towards humanity

If you are like the above...you may very well be an Indigo person.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was led to assume that the Indigo adults were largely rebellious and could not fit into the left-hemisphere dominated, linear world of Western society. Therefore, hackers and Occupiers and all the anti-social and creative artists and conspiracy and New Age researchers and YouTube uploaders and podcasters etc etc - they are all doing their "Indigo" part...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The whole subject just leaves me feeling blue...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DashRiprock

I think it's hilarious!.

It's a sense of mirth and humor part of being an Indigo I wonder.. ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Nana2

What I remember from what I have read about Indigo children is:

- They have a very definite purpose in life

Sometimes I feel like Steve Martin (ala The Jerk) with my special purpose.

- A high IQ

I'm edging high double digits!

- Have an accurate intuition

I once did predictions for a political party. Dukakis and Mondale won't eturn my calls now.

- They want peace in the world

Who doesn't?

- unusual abilities

I'm single-jointed.

- very empathic towards humanity

Oh. There's the deal breaker.

If you are like the above...you may very well be an Indigo person.

Not so much. I'm a "summer" more of a mauve.

But thanks for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No one really knows a lot about it.

Your opinion is your own. Let's agree to disagree, yes?

As good a plan as any!

I'm just at issue with the criteria for Indigo, which quite frankly I fit perfectly, as do, I'm sure, most people on ATS. Which raises a red flag for me...

On top of that, self-proclaimed indigo's use the category in an exclusionary way. "us" vs. "them", "indigo" vs. "non-indigo"... "special" vs. "not special".

It just seems to me that, for a group that associates themselves with "ascension, unknown higher purpose, and higher vibrations", this us vs them dichotomy is a fairly... archaic way of thinking. Certainly not something you would expect from Gods hidden helpers/emissaries on earth.

The whole thing just reeks of manipulation. Of course, everyone is entitles to their way of thinking, "indigo's" included.

I'll leave it there.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Like every problem on Earth, this is an issue of LANGUAGE. We use words and concepts as metaphors to signify things. Anything that is a conglomerate or gestalt of things - like "Indigo" children, or "UFOs" or "the New World Order"... these are loaded concepts that mean different things to different people. Why? Because everybody speaks a different language, essentially. Does your life experience and personal dictionary and understanding match with everybody's? No. The misunderstandings of the world are all related to our language.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Being an Indigo is exceptionally challenging

Imagine having telepathy but most people don't even think telepathy exists. Imagine feeling auras or peoples' feelings but having no credible, valid means of communicating that connection without being labeled as crazy.

I, myself, decided to get a couple degrees in Psychology and help people connect and feel. I strive to share information that lets people know our world is changing...

It might be this simple:

Being an Indigo is a special thing and know that you are valued, despite that a lot of people challenge us, name-call, disbelieve what we say, etc.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

I always love these threads because people that believe they arent indigo get really huffy on the subject. But the fact is we are all divine and special. And we all play a unique role. Just because one has a label doesnt mean your left out.
The changes have already begun. Bankers getting busted. Earthquakes, noises all sorts of wierd crap happening to our earth. More UFO sightings. Changes are there people that keep thinking that they arent happening arent going to see it.
edit on 29-2-2012 by CharonIncarnate because: Ipad suck to type on

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join