It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate taught of Dec 21 , 2012

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by sykonot
The problem here is that no one can seem to differentiate between existence and life.

As I see it everything as inter dependent and connected.
I believe everything is alive and that life force runs through everything - Without life nothing would occur - The planets would not spin etc. There are higher levels of life than we yet we measure all by our limited perspective.
I do not believe the Universe just happened by chance.

i agree with you, everything is part of life, we need each piece to survive, one piece dies out, than slowly all dies out. WE are connected. And stereologist should understand it.
edit on 1-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

logic is what you create, your just following what other ppl discover, discover something on your own, than you can argue about logic. Your just thinking of life in general, but start thinking outside the globe, and you will get answers, remember your not the only one who has life, if every living thing can survive on Earth, Earth is living thing. Bacteria, Viruses, Germ, they survive and feed on your body, why bec your a living thing, just like Earth, we use to feed ourselves, of what it offers.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Yes but what is the Earth composed of both internally and externally - we are a part of the Earth as the Earth is a part of us we are inter dependent - The Earth has movemment and contains energy. If Earth is not living then it would not have any activity - the soil is alive - It is not just some chance chamical reaction etc that fails to explain our own Intelligence and purpose and also Earths purpose but that is another topic science can not address

The composition of the Earth is not the same as living organisms.

Dependence and interdependence does not mean they are the same or even related.

Lots of things have activity that are not alive. Cars are not alive. Clouds are not alive. Volcanoes are not alive.

Soil is not alive. It does contain dead material and live organisms, but the soil itself is not alive.

Science does have an explanation for our intelligence. It is called the Theory of Evolution.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

lol okay your talking about soil right, soil is some part of Earth, just like you have hair on your head, is your hair alive, is your ears alive, is your spit alive, you can also say NO to that right? just think about it, soil is part of Earth, Water is Part of Earth, Air is part of Earth. WE living things feed on it. Too bad we are not allowed to see the soul , who posses the power of Earth.
edit on 1-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Your definition is your own I feel perhaps to make a certain point which I do get - Yet if Earth has mechanical propertys do you really believe that is pure chance?

The spinning of the Earth and other celestial objects is due to the distribution of materials that coalesced into the solar system. The spinning shows the non-homogeneous distribution of materials that gravitationally collapsed.

Sun is not living seems crazy to me - no insult intended.

The Sun has no properties of a living creature. It does not react to stimuli. People have a tendency to anthropomorphize. The objects in the sky were once claimed to be living and gods, but that is not true.

If something is not alive then surely it is dead and the Sun is certainly not dead - could you explain better and deeper please?

There is no dichotomy of alive and dead. There is a third choice of neither. The Sun is not alive and has never been alive. The Sun is not dead and has never been dead. The same applies to the Earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

and here is the soul/ deity that is in charge of Earth.

According to one tradition, she is the personification of the Earth, and to another its Mother, being Prithivi Tattwa, the essence of the element earth. Prithvi is also called Dhra, Dharti, Dhrithri, meaning that which holds everything. As Prithvi Devi, she is one of two wives of Lord Vishnu. His other wife is Lakshmi. Prithvi is another form of Laxmi.

oracleandtarotgoddess.wordpress.com...

Her name is Prithvi, Goddess of Earth, that's why we call it mother Earth. sorry your lacking info man. dont just follow science, it can sometimes mislead you. there is so much out there for you to know, but ur basically trapped. open up and explore life.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Again you do what all science does ie divide everything - The Earth exhibits us are we not a property of life?

Didn't you just categorize the world as alive or dead?

If something is alive it does not mean that mean that the things we are dependent on are alive or dead. We need salt. Salt is not alive or dead.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Your definition is your own I feel perhaps to make a certain point which I do get - Yet if Earth has mechanical propertys do you really believe that is pure chance?

The spinning of the Earth and other celestial objects is due to the distribution of materials that coalesced into the solar system. The spinning shows the non-homogeneous distribution of materials that gravitationally collapsed.

The Sun has no properties of a living creature. It does not react to stimuli. People have a tendency to anthropomorphize. The objects in the sky were once claimed to be living and gods, but that is not true.

If something is not alive then surely it is dead and the Sun is certainly not dead - could you explain better and deeper please?

There is no dichotomy of alive and dead. There is a third choice of neither. The Sun is not alive and has never been alive. The Sun is not dead and has never been dead. The same applies to the Earth.

man you have knowledge of religion and cosmos, Sun is pure energy, energy you need to survive, everything on Earth strives for sunlight for survival, the solar deity is Surya , users.hartwick.edu...

Each planet is controlled by a ultimate powerful soul, your body has a soul too, and it has life just so you know, we humans are not the smartest people.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

once again Wikipedia is not a source, your not a source either, look at Earth, it has water, air, all type of minerals, that your own body needs to survive man, its like your mother, it feeds you, so respect Earth and believe its existence. This is why our humanity is going down the drain, because no one wants to believe in thing that already exist and its there for us and your one of them. You should understand one thing, without Earth you wouldn't have been here and you wouldn't be on ATS either, so thank Earth.

Please point out the mistakes in the Wikipedia articles I linked to. Your unsubstantiated dismissal is without merit.

There is a big difference between existence and living. There is a big difference between dependence and living.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

man you have knowledge of religion and cosmos, Sun is pure energy, energy you need to survive, everything on Earth strives for sunlight for survival, the solar deity is Surya , users.hartwick.edu...

Each planet is controlled by a ultimate powerful soul, your body has a soul too, and it has life just so you know, we humans are not the smartest people.

I think perhaps you are pissing in the wind expecting our friend to agree with such notions - However I do agree with your idea of souls etc

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

i agree with you, everything is part of life, we need each piece to survive, one piece dies out, than slowly all dies out.

Extinctions shows that is not true.

A better example is the ancient atmosphere that was poisoned with oxygen by early life that killed off almost everything alive. Now most life makes use of that poison.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

logic is what you create, your just following what other ppl discover, discover something on your own, than you can argue about logic. Your just thinking of life in general, but start thinking outside the globe, and you will get answers, remember your not the only one who has life, if every living thing can survive on Earth, Earth is living thing. Bacteria, Viruses, Germ, they survive and feed on your body, why bec your a living thing, just like Earth, we use to feed ourselves, of what it offers.

Your just making a lot of big mistakes and trying to justify that as a good thing. It isn't.

I am well aware of the diversity of life on earth. I have seen more variety than I think you are aware of.

The Earth is not alive.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Again you do what all science does ie divide everything - The Earth exhibits us are we not a property of life?

Didn't you just categorize the world as alive or dead?

If something is alive it does not mean that mean that the things we are dependent on are alive or dead. We need salt. Salt is not alive or dead.

Yes salt is one item the body requires as is the Sun and all else all is connected and lives or are you saying salt is dead the Sun is dead the air we breath is dead if so explain in your own words how we are living and all else is dead

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If you are saying the Earth is not alive then do you mean it is dead?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

lol okay your talking about soil right, soil is some part of Earth, just like you have hair on your head, is your hair alive, is your ears alive, is your spit alive, you can also say NO to that right? just think about it, soil is part of Earth, Water is Part of Earth, Air is part of Earth. WE living things feed on it. Too bad we are not allowed to see the soul , who posses the power of Earth.

Hair is not alive. Spit itself is not alive. It may contain some bacteria or slough off cells, but spit is not alive.

Soil, water, air are not alive. The Earth is not alive.

I pointed out the properties of life.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

i agree with you, everything is part of life, we need each piece to survive, one piece dies out, than slowly all dies out.

Extinctions shows that is not true.

A better example is the ancient atmosphere that was poisoned with oxygen by early life that killed off almost everything alive. Now most life makes use of that poison.

You are coming from a point of view that says all just occurs by chance?
Such as the so called Big Bang?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I've already mentioned the anthropomorphic attitude people exhibit. Here you toss out some religious material. I am well aware of that and other gods for Earth and life. All of that is meaningless when it comes to the Earth being alive.

What you continue to fail at is showing any properties that show the Earth is alive.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hair is not alive. Spit itself is not alive. It may contain some bacteria or slough off cells, but spit is not alive.

Soil, water, air are not alive. The Earth is not alive.

I pointed out the properties of life.

How so - if so then what is it that makes us alive if we are composed of the same atoms found everywhere?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I've already mentioned the anthropomorphic attitude people exhibit. Here you toss out some religious material. I am well aware of that and other gods for Earth and life. All of that is meaningless when it comes to the Earth being alive.

What you continue to fail at is showing any properties that show the Earth is alive.

The idea of the soul is not a religoin it is a philosophical idea - I believe in the soul yet I am of no religion

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

man you have knowledge of religion and cosmos, Sun is pure energy, energy you need to survive, everything on Earth strives for sunlight for survival, the solar deity is Surya ,

The Sun is not pure energy. It has mass. Naming more religious figures signals continued failure at showing that the Earth is alive.

This is the fiction of ancient peoples. It has been replaced with a better understanding of the cosmos.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join