It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate taught of Dec 21 , 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

None of that is alive. Organisms change from living to dead. Inorganic material can be incorporated into living organisms. It becomes part of life.

The Earth is not alive. It has none of the properties associated with life.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How do you know what exactly life is, remeber science is not always right.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

But the characteristics of life is not the same thing as what life is.

Just pointing out an interesting article...

life is a temporary, localized reduction in entropy (free energy) that is mediated by protein-catalyzed chemical reactions and perpetuated via nucleoproteins (DNA or RNA).

www.elasmo-research.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Have you bothered to even crack a book on biology to learn what life is? Try it instead of guessing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

thank you for sharing the article

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am engineer now, so yeah i did go through biology, books are books man, the knowledge is what you learn on your own.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

did the ancient civilizations have books no, they studied the cosmos, get to the right point.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

life can mean anything, its just a word that humans invented, you can give millions of meaning to life, there is not only one meaning to it. To me life is an energy source.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The quotes came from the article, not from me or anyone else on this thread. I had to check since it did not sound like something I would have written.

That's a fairly good write up since life is hard to define. What we do know is that life maintains itself.

What most clearly separates the living from the non-living is the fact that life uses energy to maintain itself. Non-life cannot do this, and – as a direct consequence – passively erodes, corrodes, and otherwise breaks-down.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

did the ancient civilizations have books no, they studied the cosmos, get to the right point.

Actually they did. That is one of the hallmarks of civilization.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

life can mean anything, its just a word that humans invented, you can give millions of meaning to life, there is not only one meaning to it. To me life is an energy source.

You can pretend that, but that is not true. You are free to misuse language.

The rest of the world will simply leave you behind.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

We know much more about the cosmos now and because of science and telescopes and other inventions that make measuring these things or finding these things easier we know that there is no photon belt. (pseudo science at best) the pleidies are 440 light years away and we wont get anywhere near them ( ever) and there will be no 2000 years of light. We know this because we know a lot more about the cosmos than any ancient people could ever have. Why do people believe that we are getting stupider over the years? Why do people believe that the ancients knew more than we do now? Thats really kind of lame thinking no?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack3182

You did ! You did see a puddy tat.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You've been in contact with them then? Or where does this information originate?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The whole question of telepathy may be answered with quantum physics and the apparent non local communication between protons but that has nothing to do with this thread and the supposed photon belt. That does not exist. Telepathy may be explained at the quantum level but theory is still only theory no matter how educated a guess it may be. Until we have the mechanics to see at that level we will be in the proverbal darkness.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
The Pleiades are very close relatively speaking. Being somewhere between 390 and 450 light years away.
If we consider what our true constellation was/is, then it is one of our closer neighbours.
Here are a few more :-
Sirius, Alderbaran, Rigel, Betelguese, Castor, Pollux, Alcyone (Pleiades)
If we zoomed far away from Earth the Sun would be seen to merge with stars such as Sirius.This is what occurs when viewing the Pleiades with the naked eye - We can pick out 7 yet there are hundreds of stars there - Some stars we see as single are in fact double or more.

edit on 28-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

Light moves at about 186,000 miles per second. Over 670 million miles in an hour so even one light year away is pretty far. To say the pleidese are very close when they are over 440 light years away is kind of silly, relatively speaking.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ah but Sterologist Mules dont reproduce either . If reproduction is a sign of life then what of couples who are infertile? Are they not alive? There are many arguments for a living earth. Dwaine Elgin (SP) comes to mind with a living universe. You might like him. Interesting reading anyway.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

We know where to find the Higgs, we just cant seem to ever find it at home when we call.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by artistpoet
The Pleiades are very close relatively speaking. Being somewhere between 390 and 450 light years away.
If we consider what our true constellation was/is, then it is one of our closer neighbours.
Here are a few more :-
Sirius, Alderbaran, Rigel, Betelguese, Castor, Pollux, Alcyone (Pleiades)
If we zoomed far away from Earth the Sun would be seen to merge with stars such as Sirius.This is what occurs when viewing the Pleiades with the naked eye - We can pick out 7 yet there are hundreds of stars there - Some stars we see as single are in fact double or more.

edit on 28-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

Light moves at about 186,000 miles per second. Over 670 million miles in an hour so even one light year away is pretty far. To say the pleidese are very close when they are over 440 light years away is kind of silly, relatively speaking.

No not silly if you consider what I wrote "The Pleiades are very close relatively speaking. Being somewhere between 390 and 450 light years away". Note I said relatively ie in relation to the Cosmos which is at least 14.5 billion light years big. Divide 450 into 14.5 billion and that is relatively close. Please not you quoted me out of context ie I was explaining some of the stars which are in our back yard relatively speaking - Of course 450 light years is a vast vast distance yet in the big picture is close to us.
edit on 29-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Ah but Sterologist Mules dont reproduce either . If reproduction is a sign of life then what of couples who are infertile? Are they not alive? There are many arguments for a living earth. Dwaine Elgin (SP) comes to mind with a living universe. You might like him. Interesting reading anyway.

I did state that it is difficult to define life. Thanks for pointing out an area of difficulty.

The Earth still shows none of the properties of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join