It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate taught of Dec 21 , 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

you have to think about it, why is Earth heating up, why are all the planets heating up? more photons are getting emitted as we get closer to the center of the milky way.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

So why did you pick those dates?

For the quakes I assume you mean something bigger than a 7.5 so it stands out right? There have been many predictions here where people tried to claim success with a rather common 5 or 6.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

So you suggest that there might be something in space that would block the Sun? You're kidding right?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

We are not getting closer to the Milky Way. Not all planets are heating up. The Earth is heating up because the mean time that the Sun's energy remain in our atmosphere is increasing.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

really check this out, they blame the sun for heating the planets, but it cant be the sun, all planets are experiencing a change.

www.livescience.com...

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

i know you think this is a joke, bec your new to this subject, i have been on it for 4 years or so. I am not telling you to believe me, i might be wrong, but this is my conclusion of the year 2012 and on
edit on 28-2-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Since you claim to have been researching this for years maybe you can answer my challenge. Can you provide a single example of the Long Count that ends after the 13th baktun? Every 2012 theory starts with the claim that because the Long Count ends on December 21, 2012 something important will happen on that date. That's the basic claim of every single 2012 theory. So with it being such a crucial premise for all these theories you'd think that there would be plenty of examples of the Long Count ending on December 21, 2012. Yet despite all of my research I have not found a single example. Have you?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

really check this out, they blame the sun for heating the planets

Actually, the first article says that is not true.
The second article also says that is not true.

Mars - turns out that the warming is due to a change in its tilt. The Russian reference is to a view not considered correct.

Pluto - not warming, but cooling. It is showing an atmosphere as the boiled off gasses coalesce.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If there were something in space that would block the sun then it would also block out starlight. We'd see it coming. There is nothing out there blocking starlight.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

i do not follow the Mayan calendar, i just follow the fact that they say there will a period of 3 day of darkness and it connects to what I know.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

NASA says the Martian South Pole’s “ice cap” has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too, like Pluto."

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
just face it, we are approaching something for sure, I feel the difference out of all the 24 years i have lived on Earth, this year or the past 2 or 3 years, things are changing. 70 deg in winter , we should be facing 20 or 30 deg F, Grass and flowers growing in winter, no in my lifetime i have seen this effect. Europe facing colder temperature than usual, 300 deaths??? you think this is normal, to you it might be, but to me its not normal. Think about the tornado outbreak last summer, killed so many people, huge earthquakes that strike and kill thousands of people. I know its mother nature, but Earth will have to change , and teach us a lesson, we cant continue to live like this, no way. I want peace on Earth. It will happen soon. Remember Earth is a breathing organism too, just like us, either treat it nicely with respect, or face the consequences.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The only reason anyone ever put any kind of significance on 2012 in the first place is because of the Long Count. If you buy into any 2012 theory it requires you to believe that the Long Count ends in 2012. Otherwise there is no reason for choosing 2012 as being any more special than every other year in history.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Let's try to tell the truth.

The quote you offered came from Fred Thompson. Who is Fred?

Fred Thompson is an actor and former United States senator from Tennessee.

So you quoted an actor, not someone from NASA.

The site specifically states

Mars is not warming globally.

At this time, there is little empirical evidence that Mars is warming. Mars' climate is primarily driven by dust and albedo, not solar variations, and we know the sun is not heating up all the planets in our solar system because we can accurately measure the sun’s output here on Earth.

Please read the material you post.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

remember i said, world will not end in my post, i only said, there will be a period of 3 days of darkness, that will occur. The reason they ended the Mayan calender, bec its the start of a new cycle, even the Mayans claim the world not end, they only said the fifth sun will rise. Just think about it, what makes you think the fifth sun will rise, imagine 3 days of darkness, and than the sun rising again, that's what they mean by the fifth sun. I cant explain you everything i know, its hard to write it all down.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

so what if he is an actor, he is till a human being just like us. Well here you go a link from National Geographic a real source.

Mars, too, appears to be enjoying more mild and balmy temperatures. In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

just face it, we are approaching something for sure, I feel the difference out of all the 24 years i have lived on Earth, this year or the past 2 or 3 years, things are changing. 70 deg in winter , we should be facing 20 or 30 deg F, Grass and flowers growing in winter, no in my lifetime i have seen this effect. Europe facing colder temperature than usual, 300 deaths??? you think this is normal, to you it might be, but to me its not normal. Think about the tornado outbreak last summer, killed so many people, huge earthquakes that strike and kill thousands of people. I know its mother nature, but Earth will have to change , and teach us a lesson, we cant continue to live like this, no way. I want peace on Earth. It will happen soon. Remember Earth is a breathing organism too, just like us, either treat it nicely with respect, or face the consequences.

Just as you misunderstood the material on Mars you linked to, you are confused about a lot of issues here. No year is perfect. Every year is different. This winter is very similar to last winter for us. The winter before was different. The tornado outbreak was not the worst ever. It was the worst in 50 years. It was the worst due to the death toll. That is one way to measure the weather. You've already mentioned temperature as another way to measure weather. Earthquakes are not more common. The Earth is not alive. Never has been alive. It is not an organism.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I will forgo my normal comments on the Popol Vuh. Instead I will point out that I never mentioned the end of the world. I am simply talking 2012 predictions of any kind. They all stem from the claim of the Long Count ending on December 21, 2012. If this is true there must be at least a single example of the Long Count ending on this date. So why can't anyone produce even a single example et we have plenty examples of Long Counts that extend beyond the start of the 14th baktun?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

remember i said, world will not end in my post, i only said, there will be a period of 3 days of darkness, that will occur. The reason they ended the Mayan calender, bec its the start of a new cycle, even the Mayans claim the world not end, they only said the fifth sun will rise. Just think about it, what makes you think the fifth sun will rise, imagine 3 days of darkness, and than the sun rising again, that's what they mean by the fifth sun. I cant explain you everything i know, its hard to write it all down.

The Mayans made no such statements. You've fallen for modern hoaxers.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

if Earth was not alive, you won't be here in first place, without, Earth there will be no food, water, air, or shelter, so you should accept the fact its a living thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join