It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

yeah, its crap and against their own constitution. That is why he protested it, got reported and then after arrested.

In 2009, Nadarkhani discovered a recent change in Iranian educational policy that forced all students, including his children, to read from the Qur'an. After he heard about this change, he went to the school and protested, based on the fact that the Iranian constitution guarantees freedom to practice religion. His protest was reported to the police, who arrested him and placed him before a tribunal on October 12, 2009, on charges of protesting.[8][9]

en.wikipedia.org...

he was actually arrested twice for different reasons. The first time was for apostasy. It was later tagged on again even though it was BS, as was proven the first time he was arrested. He has a history of being a dissident.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

The first time was for apostasy. It was later tagged on again even though it was BS, as was proven the first time he was arrested. He has a history of being a dissident.

And that's why he's being charged. Now imagine if he were standing up for the rights of other Iranian Christians in Iran...he would have already long been buried.

Exactly this is what is wrong with a theocracy:

Part of the ruling elite don't like you? They can slap any charge on you they can make up, up to "Enemy of God"(really, which retard makes this up?) and deal with you as they wish.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Update:

23 Feb 2012 - Youcef still alive amid reports on execution orders.

The American Center for Law and Justice told The Christian Post that, according to their sources in Iran, Youcef Nadarkhani is indeed alive. The statement was emailed Wednesday amid reports that an execution order may have been issued for the evangelical Christian pastor.

"Our efforts to secure his release are intensifying - in Congress to seek support of the resolution and at the U.N. to bring this case to the attention of member nations," Gene Kapp, the ACLJ's media representative, told The Christian Post Wednesday morning. Both the ACLJ and Present Truth Ministries (PTM), which has also been closely monitoring Nadarkhani's case, revealed this week that it was believed that the Iranian courts may have signed an execution order for Nadarkhani. However, PTM issued a press release Wednesday saying it had learned that an execution order had in fact been signed by the Iranian courts.

"The order has not been delivered to Youcef's family and we do not know if they will allow another appeal. We also do not know if it has been approved by the Ayatollah who is the head of the Judiciary Sadegh Larijani," Present Truth Ministries stated in the press release.

incontext.webs.com...

It looks like this website is dedicated to the pastor's cause.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

exactly. THEY made it into a religious issue. Their counter parts here in the west do the same thing all the while ignoring he is a political prisoner, not a religious one.

They do so to appeal to conservative Christians, like over there they do so to conservative Muslims. It is wrong on both their parts and I will have nothing to do with using this poor man to push an agenda. Period.

who is worse them or our talking heads....I say both are a shame to mankind.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
It is BS to make this a religious issue.

Did you read the verdict ... APOSTASY .. that's RELIGIOUS.

calling people apologists for trying to find the truth is about as democratic and fair as me calling you a shill. Is that the level of conversation you would prefer?

Again ... go look in the mirror. The thread was posted because it's a current event and people can discuss it. And yet your posts are all against people discussing the truth of this situation .. unless they agree with your thoughts on it. Go ahead .. I double dog dare ya' to go back and read this thread ... You've just condemned your own posts.

Originally posted by Durchlaucht
He is not being killed because he is a christian. He is being killed because he broke their law of apostasy.

Another one who didn't read the article or the thread ... :shk:
He did NOT break their apostasy laws. He was convicted of it and is being put to death, but even the court of law in Iran said that he didn't do it.

Perhaps if "christians" didn't feel the need to convert everyone and just let their religion be THEIR religion, then this wouldn't happen.

So ... a Christian is minding his own business and is being put to death for doing nothing ... but it's his own fault simply because he's Christian. The ones murdering him aren't at fault. Riiiiiiiight .. that makes sense. (NOT!) Blame the victim. Oh ... BTW ... Muslims DO have forced coversion as is clearly shown by this entire situation (and the history of their religion).

Originally posted by purplemer
It is estimated that over a billion people have died for their religious beliefs...So what makes this death special.

Really? Did you really just say that? So, because it happens a lot around the world, we should ignore the fella who is innocent and being put to death for being a Christian, eh?

Five negative threads about Iran on ATS atm. People like to jump on the bandwagon.

No. People at a discussion board like to discuss current events. And if there are negative things happening in Iran, it's going to be discussed. Negative things all over the world are discussed here. Iran isn't exempt from that discussion.

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Neocons won't rest until Iran is bombed and a world war started.

Geeeze ... another one. :shk: This fella is innocent and being put to death by Iran ... but somehow you take that and jump to American Republicans being the bad guy and going and bombing Iran. Innocent man put to death = ignore and bring in anti-right wing USA politics. ugh.

edit on 2/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

yet again, the motive is not even mentioned.

HE CONVERTED TO CHRISTINITY

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Iran has every reason to spin this into a religious issue too.

They can't go around letting people think that they're killing their own people for trying to be reformists to the current government right around election time, so we can't blame spinning of this issue on the West.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

did you read any source,.....he was arrested for protesting the new law in education. They charged him with a bunch of BS charges. Do you put the same validity in the other BS charges of rape and junk...no....why say this is any different....

are you blind?

the charges could be licking an ice pop in winter..it's nonsense. why are you backing up the Iranian BS charges against him.

he was arrested for protesting. not for being Christian. or else why are there literally thousands of Christians roaming free in Iran now and at mass?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

are you blind?

VERDICT - GUILTY OF APOSTASY
There .. I put it in big letters for you to see.
Try reading glasses ... it might help you out.
APOSTASY ... it's religious.
Whatever their reason is ... he is being put to death using RELIGION as the reason.
Therefore religion is definately part of the discussion.

GUILTY OF APOSTASY ... APOSTASY ... APOSTASY
Get it??

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

he was never a practicing Muslim...did you read....anything about this guy..

there is a civil war.....no fighting as of yet....but there was a huge revolt in which leadership almost abandoned the country..

he has a history of protesting. He was charged with APOSTASY in 2006 as well. He is charged with BS charges. everyone sees that, why can't you?

It has nothing to do with that, everyone sees that. do you want it to be about that?...then you are just as bad as the people lying about him

edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Keep repeating the lie and it will become true??? You Israel apologists together with your Islamic regime buddies would make great friends with Hitler.

You do realize that these are trumped up charges? I know Iranians who go into and out of Iran freely and they changed religion...so???

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

relax.....jesus.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowlord
And how many muslims are murdered around the world everyday by christian
s in the "war on terror" ?

Zero.

Can I get an "amen"?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

ummmmm

there is no war on terror?

or no one dies in our wars..???

They are not Muslim???

no, actually , allot.
amen, may they rest in peace.
edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That doesn't change what he was charged with, or what he was convicted of. Have YOU read anything about this guy?

there is a civil war.....no fighting as of yet....but there was a huge revolt in which leadership almost abandoned the country..

Again, there is NO civil war in Iran. To think otherwise (while claiming "there is no fighting yet", no less!) is to demonsrtate a supreme lack of understanding the concept of war.

he has a history of protesting. He was charged with APOSTASY in 2006 as well. He is charged with BS charges. everyone sees that, why can't you?

I've not said anywhere that the charges are not BS, but they ARE the charges, nonetheless. My opinion of their validity will not keep him alive.

It has nothing to do with that, everyone sees that. do you want it to be about that?...then you are just as bad as the people lying about him

Yeah, well, I'm not a nice guy. So what. Take me to court for it - preferably not in Iran. The fact is, when one is convicted and facing execution on a specific charge, what that charge IS becomes EXTREMELY relevant. As they say, "close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

edit on 2012/2/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Keep repeating the lie and it will become true???

Hey genius ... that is EXACTLY what he was found guilty of. APOSTASY.
I didn't make it up .. that's what his own lawyers said.

You Israel apologists together with your Islamic regime buddies would make great friends with Hitler.

blah blah blah .. how the hell did someone bring Israel into this? :shk:

You do realize that these are trumped up charges?

You do see where I have said ... over and over ... that he wasn't guilty of what they accused him of, right? Or are you too busy trying to argue with me and somehow drag Israel into this that you don't bother to read what is posted?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Christian Church killed far more "heretics" during the Inquisition than any other religion. As a Christian, this man is held by biblical mandates that expressly state that they are to obey the kings and leaders over them. As far as denial goes, he could have kept his fingers crossed behind his back as he denounced Christianity. Although that may sound childish in itself, it is no more so than believing in unproven fairy tales that got him into this mess to begin with.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

ummmmm

there is no war on terror?

or no one dies in our wars..???

They are not Muslim???

no, actually , allot.
amen, may they rest in peace.

That is a nearly perfect non-sequitur. It in no way addresses the assertion that "Christians are killing Muslims for being Muslims every day".

Deflection much?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anarky1965
The Christian Church killed far more "heretics" during the Inquisition than any other religion.

So to deflect from the truth of this situation, you bring up something that happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago? That somehow makes what is happening to this person NOW right??

he could have kept his fingers crossed behind his back as he denounced Christianity.

Not really. He 'could' have ... but not really.
According to his faith .. he'd go to hell for it ... 'crossed fingers' doesn't count with the Christian God.

Matthew 10:33 -
"But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven" - Jesus

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

That doesn't change what he was charged with, or what he was convicted of. Have YOU read anything about this guy?

YES AND THAT DOESNT CHANGE THAT THOSE CHARGES WERE MADE UP AND FALSE. WHY REPEAT THEM?

Again, there is NO civil war in Iran. To think otherwise (while claiming "there is no fighting yet", bo less!) is to demonstrate a supreme lack of understanding the concept of war.

THEY ARE DYING! PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED ON BOTH ENDS FOR POLITICAL REASONS, SEEMS LIKE A CIVIL WAR TO ME.

I've not said anywhere that the charges are not BS, but they ARE the charges, nonetheless. My opinion of their validity will not keep him alive.

NEITHER WILL YOUR ADDING NOTHING TO THE CONVERSATION. AND INTERNATIONAL OPINION IS WHAT HAS OVERTURNES HIS MANY EXECUTION DATES.

Yeah, well, I'm not a nice guy. So what. Take me to court for it - preferably not in Iran. The fact is, when one is convicted and facing execution on a specific charge, what that charge IS becomes EXTREMELY relevant. As they say, "close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

YOU ARE NOT A GOOD HUMAN AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. NO, LIFE IS YOUR PUNISHMENT. THAT CHARGE IS NOT RELEVANT OR IMPORTANT. JUST LIKE THE RAPE CHARGES AND THE ZIONISM CHARGES. ARE THEY IMPORTANT TOO? OR DO YOU PICK AND CHOOSE SO AS TO CATER TO YOUR CHRISTIAN AUDIENCES AT HOME.

So you think the Salem witch trials were about witchcraft or a bunch of girls being dumbasses that played on people's fears. If not so you might think they had a valid case against those evil witches.

He was charged with the same crime in 2006 in a separate arrest. they stuck it on a again since he found his way back into prison

and as you guys say-.......GOT IT??

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join