It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - Final Verdict for Christian Pastor - DEATH

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

One recent e-mail highlighted the plight of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, who was arrested in October, 2009 for speaking out against changes to policies in the Iranian education system

www.rescuechristians.org...

not his Jesus love......stop lying to us.
edit on 23-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately

Really it isn't about a Muslim country killing a Christian. They are killing an Iranian dissident who advocates the platform of the democratic movement.

Um, yes it is.

Nice try at changing the narritive though.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

You want a motive?

I think Sharia Law stinks.
I think the Iranian Government sucks for turning this guy over to it to be executed because their official law wont allow it. So, they circumvent their own laws to get the job accomplished.

Talk about motives why are you so hot to defend them killing somebody over his beliefs. I know what Iran's state sponsored Propaganda mouthpiece PressTV has to say.

I trust them about as much as I do FOX which is ZILCH

My motives you ask?
I feel like discussing it here on ATS to see how others feel about it.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

why was he originally arrested.....??

ask that yet...go ahead I will wait.
Or do you believe the BS charges that have been added since?
It's like saying the others are just as valid in their eyes.....stop lying to us.

link   
Again,if its not about FAITH,why didn't he recant?

HE had three trys to do so..................

Really,how hard is it for ANYONE to understand this ??

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

why was he originally arrested.....??

Apostacy.

He's a christian. They don't like christians. They won't friend them on Facebook and they tend to kill them.

Not a very nice bunch of fellows, in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have not defended their injustice, just asked your motives here since you missed the core fact. He was charged for defying an unjust law and being aligned with the democratic movement. He was not arrested for being Christian.

It is BS to make this a religious issue. I say it is more complicated than that. It is civil war, one we have proven we barely understand.

stop DEFLECTING the argument talking about me and lying saying I justified what is clearly injustice.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I wouldn't, if I am. Would you. Who cares what they got him on. They probably saw he was a true believer and used that against him. He wasn't even a practicing Muslim. They know that. It's like asking me to recant being a catholic in favor of being Muslim. You go ahead and kill me, F-that I say.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Just to get me caught up with this thread, has any Muslim come on board to clearly condemn this action?

Well, according to the Iranian law that this man is falling under...I must be a Muslim because I was born there and had sweet nothings whispered into my ear as a kid. Funny thing is, I don't remember that nor have I felt drawn to Islam at all...I was raised with the Christian faith, pretty much like the good pastor. So according to those dumb ass religious clowns in Iran, I'm still a Muslim...and I condemn the Islamic regime and these barbaric actions.

And to those who find themselves in argument with certain "apologists"...ask them how they feel about the Kurdish issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

they have thousands of them there, just like Jews. He wasn't arrested for being Christian. He was arrested for speaking out against educational law. Like many democratic dissidents have. It made him a target.
He could have been a regular Muslim, like the rest that are and are in jail for the same exact type of thing.

In a dictatorship you are subject to arrest for speaking against its laws. It's awful. I won't believe the trumped up charges though. That is clearly BS used to get him killed. They circumvented the legal system to do so.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The only time they use the excuse of rape for men is when they are executing them for being gay. Its the only way Ahmadinejad could get away with his lie while showing his ignorance in 2007 when he told American College students that Iran had no gays.

Of course some time later another Iranian spokesperson had to go back and pull the "what Ahmadinejad meant was....". Like what happened when he said wipe Israel off the map. He was quoting the Ayatollah from 1979 who put forth the doctrine to wipe Israel out and kill Jews where4ver they are.

Yet another shining example of the Iranian government defiling their own religion in an effort to justify genocide as well as total control over their people through misinterpretation of Sharia law.

The pastor was sentenced to death for Apostasy, not for speaking out against schooling. When the sentence of death was appealed, the appeals court found that the lower court could not prove he was a practicing Muslim, thereby making the ruling null.

God forbid the Iranian judicial zealots be shown as not being versed in Sharia law.. In order to deflect that they upheld the death sentence because he was "born into a Muslim family".

The Iranian government is afraid of its own shadow and will go to any lengths to protect themselves against the people they are constantly screwing over, including defiling their own religion and Sharia Law.

I would love to see the Iranian people over throw the Iranian government and use the exact same legal precedents against them that were used against the people since 1979.

link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I wouldn't, if I am. Would you. Who cares what they got him on. They probably saw he was a true believer and used that against him. He wasn't even a practicing Muslim. They know that. It's like asking me to recant being a catholic in favor of being Muslim. You go ahead and kill me, F-that I say.

So,because of his faith,he refuses to recant?

His faith does have some merit?

Then what the HELL are you arguing about?

Its about faith !!!

You would die for your faith,I take it?

Honorable.

They have strict religious laws,because their country is set in stone,with them.
That is a fact. That is why he will be put to death.You cant make that up.

link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

calling people apologists for trying to find the truth is about as democratic and fair as me calling you a shill. Is that the level of conversation you would prefer?

is that on topic ?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that didn't take long.
Someone always has to go off topic into a 'this is just another bomb iran thread'.
Get real will ya'?
Discussing the truth doesnt' equal calls to bomb someone.
FACT - The guy is getting killed by the Iranian government for simply being a Christian.
FACT - Iranian apologists don't like to discuss the crimes against innocent people taking place in Iran.

He is not being killed because he is a christian. He is being killed because he broke their law of apostasy. There is a huge difference. Perhaps if "christians" didn't feel the need to convert everyone and just let their religion be THEIR religion, then this wouldn't happen. So lets not act like the muslims are the only crazy ones here and that being muslim is any worse than being a christian or any other religion that is destroying this planet!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
And how many muslims are murdered around the world everyday by christian
s in the "war on terror" ? death is a fact of life people will be murdering each other over religion till the end of eternity or the end of religion

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
They have strict religious laws,because their country is set in stone,with them.
That is a fact. That is why he will be put to death.You cant make that up.

Thats just it... They aren't following there laws or Sharia law for that matter. If they were then the overturned death sentence would have been the end of it. Instead they go back and find a new trumped up charge, NOT to charge him a second time, but to justify the death sentence from the first over turned ruling.

Charged with apostasy, tried, convicted, sentenced to death.

Appealed, death sentenced overturned because the prosecution failed to make the case.

Oh, our bad, he was born into a Muslim family - death sentence that was overturned is now upheld.

The Iranian government and Top Turbins are a threat to Islam, not a Christian.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Cut the crap.
You posted this earlier in the thread.

He was arrested in October 2009 and a year later was sentenced to death for apostasy on a charge which has doubtful legality in the Iranian civil legal system, but which is underpinned by sharia law.

Pastor Nardarkhani pleaded not guilty, partially on the grounds that from puberty he was never a practising Muslim and thus had not renounced his faith.

But he has denied that Muhammad was the prophet of God.

news.sky.com...

so by Iran's own legal system they can't execute him. They turn to religious law to get rid of him.

If they were going to kill him for what you state then why turn him over to Sharia Law to be executed in the first place? . Espionage under Iranian law is enough justification to execute him on it's own merit.

I'll tell you why. Because those charges you're defending are so weak their own legal system wont allow it to happen. You never really addressed why the big fuss over recanting his beliefs.

I hope that helped.
Thanks for the link to prove the point
It's much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You are right.

What a sad way to go.

I feel for this man,and his family. Iran could easily let him walk away.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

again the sentence has nothing to do with the reason he was arrested.

Why not arrest the thousands of other Christians and Jews in Iran. He was a dissident. That is the difference.

Don't try and twist this into a religious issue like them. It makes you just as bad as them.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have an idea, how about we get rid of all religions once and for all? Close the vatican, close meca, close all the churches and synagogues and mosques, etc... bomb them all. Then, we start fresh, everyone believing what they want to believe, nobody judging anybody. I am agnostic, and i wish no religion existed. Every religion is the same bull#. Come the christians, killed millions since the crusades, and the inquisition, etc... Then came Muslims, they want to do exactly the same now. Yes, they want to impose their religion onto the world, same as the christians. I wish that all fanatics just simply die and leave us, people that just want to be free, live in peace and harmony, alone. I hate war, and all that comes with it, but i think it enough is enough and we should have a nice world war that nobody will win and everyone will lose, so once and for all we can all open our eyes and stop the madness forever. Religion is believing in something that does not exist, it is an illusion, and people will get manipulated no matter what because in the end, does not matter what #ing bull# you believe in, it is wrong. Enough blaming everything that happens, on God. Blame your #ing selves!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join