It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have save people from drowning including my kids, friends from their abuser and quite frankly I save little ants all the time. SOMETIMES I will kill a spider if it looks like it may hurt the kids and SOMETIMES I may kill a fly so we don't eat their stuff they leave on our food we eat. Other than that....I am a really nice person who tries hard to think of lives before my own.

ETA: I do agree with you though. We are nothing but splits of energy and one day we may find ourselves as something other than human... or possibly have to feel what we made others feel including the poor little ant.

edit on 22-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Other than that....I am a really nice person who tries hard to think of lives before my own.
Well ,you are not the only one MamaJ,you are not the only one,same here.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I ate a Ladybug last summer, but it was entirely her own suicidal fault! I was taking a bite of a sandwich, and as I chomped down I saw her whisk in and I felt the crunch almost simultaneously.
I got bitten by a Ladybug about a week later, and I didn't even know they could bite? Not sure if the two incidences are related though!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Have I saved a life in my life? Yes I have saved many lives in my life. I am a paramedic and that was my job. Most recently I actually ended up taking a bullet while trying to help a child.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The real question i think, is all animals do kill to feed and or defend themselves and there kin. Yet humans who are supposed to be one of the most highly evolved animals has fought since time began, and killed over the same principles as animals. However whilst we claim to be "above" it and majority of us decree that it is wrong. Wars are fought over land, oil,money and greed.

As jfk Once said, We choose armies by day, as oppose to covert operations by night. He was referencing the fact that america and democracy fight visibly, comunists fight covertly like cowards. Ironically every nation probaly has covert ops, in preparation and teams trained specifically for that purpose.

The least we can do because killing will never stop, is accept the fact and begin to realise we should not incarcate pyschos and sociopaths and serial killers, minor crimes yes but rape and pedophilles should be given a warning over all media platforms. Declaring as a united world we will no longer put up with or accept there crimes against the majority. We should get rid of all nukes and disband all covert teams and at least fight in the day like men, at least die with honour for a war worth fighting. Any soldier is a valubale part of a country and unfortunatly needed as are bankers. We should at least honour them by giving them meaningfull wars every hundered years where we fight for freedom as oppose to millions of proxys based on money.

The last thing ill say is if we look at ourselves as a whole, we look at ourselves as all powerfull and all mighty, our own gods. Yet this is what god told us when we left the garden, was it not we would follow greed because it would be a choice, and only the strong deny its power. Yet this time unlike the garden there would be consequences, Now imagine how many of our kin lay dead in the ground.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Most recently I actually ended up taking a bullet while trying to help a child.
Sometimes requires sacrifices to save lives,I am glad you are ok.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by MamaJ

I ate a Ladybug last summer, but it was entirely her own suicidal fault! I was taking a bite of a sandwich, and as I chomped down I saw her whisk in and I felt the crunch almost simultaneously.
I got bitten by a Ladybug about a week later, and I didn't even know they could bite? Not sure if the two incidences are related though!

For give me while I LAUGH OUT LOUD!

I would say you didn't kill the poor little lady bug on purpose but for some reason you got Karma from it.... that is just too funny!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

As jfk Once said, We choose armies by day, as oppose to covert operations by night. He was referencing the fact that america and democracy fight visibly, comunists fight covertly like cowards. Ironically every nation probaly has covert ops, in preparation and teams trained specifically for that purpose.
I am not very aware about those political and ideological issues but probably trying to keep away evil sometimes you can infect without knowing, reaching sometimes in situations where you can not find the answer or solution to your questions.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I thought you would of used a gnat instead of an ant! Anyways this is how I see it, ants are whatever, but gnats are worse. Ants only become a problem if you dip yourself in honey and roll over an ant hole, but then that is you just asking for trouble. They do invade homes for food, but usually some ants are good about that and don't intrude. So basically ants that don't intrude my living space i.e. where I eat, sleep, use the restroom, and watch t.v. then I can careless where they setup shop. Gnats on the other hand! how could you not kill gnats when they fly into your mouth and eyes, and your constantly swallowing them or trying to gouge your eyes to take them out. So yes I do think I've saved multiple lives of insects if they were not in my space. I purposely don't find ant holes and stick firecrackers in them. That was when I was an ignorant little s*it that had no care what so ever. Trust me I've learned from that, and I'm glad I got to appreciate even the little critters to this day. Just remember though there is a line to be drawn.
edit on 22-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am a trained First Aider/First Responder and Surf Lifesaver.

I have saved a few people.

I don't consider insects or arachnids as sentient. They are quite basic biological machines.

I think that self-congratulation about saving ants is foolish. There is need for us to know how to save sentient life and it isn't hard to do.

But so few people actually bother to learn.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I thought you would of used a gnat instead of an ant! Anyways this is how I see it, ants are whatever, but gnats are worse.
Maybe they are the same thing...from a distance.

edit on 22-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: my bad

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Why do you keep vinegar in your car?

Sounds like you're in the right place at the right time a lot. Maybe if I got out more I'd be in more available when situations like that arise.

We always have it in the car when going to the beach (during sting ray season). There's a reason our baseball team is called The Rays... Once you've had someone get stung once, you tend to be more prepared. (after having to pee on your dad's leg once, you are also then later prepared). FYI, pee also neutralizes the stinger poison (the ammonia)....

As for being in the right place, yeah, never really thought of it, but then again, I've often put myself in dangerous locations too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anyone know how many animals a year are killed by McDonalds?
gravitor

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well the point being from where I can see, they are different. Just like only some ants could fly and some can't. If you google do gnats walk? google is basically going to say you are stupid, and correct it to do ants walk in a line or whatever. They possibly might be the same as they are both in the insect class, but they have different motives and specialties. Well I don't really know about gnats. The purpose of gnats is most likely to feed birds, but ants on the other hand are interesting little critters.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
About 4 years ago I was walking along the beach from Maroochydore to Mooloolaba (Sunshine Coast, Aust) and was about halfway between two surf lifesaving clubs when i watched a mother and her 4 children run down the beach ahead of my group. All 4 of the kids ran into the surf as their mother watched on and were instantly swept out to see in a strong rip which was really obvious had they bothered to look or known what one looked like. Without a moment's hesitation I tore off my sunglasses and tee-shirt and set about attempting to rescue them. I swam out for the youngest child first, reasoning that she would have been the weakest swimmer. I told her to grab onto me and we would swim to the sandbank adjacent. She didn't co-operate (none of them would even listen to me, they were panicking and screaming) so I had to resort to ducking below the surface and propelling her shorewards with each breaking wave. This process was repeated for all four and was absolutely exhausting. By the time I got to the oldest girl a man also on a morning beach walk saw what was happening and was wading in to assist when the mother decided to try and help. She was also immediately swept out in the rip and the man took to rescuing her as I had by that time reached the last of her children.
So yes I have saved a life...four in one morning. And do you know, they never even thanked me or the man for risking our own safety rescuing them! That man (who I regret not keeping in contact with) berated them fiercely when they were all assembled on the beach and chased them off to their car! I stumbled off to the next surf club and had a well deserved ( I thought so anyway) cold drink!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have! my mother actually dropped of a cardiac arrest at my uncles (her younger brothers) funeral. I was walking our family priest to the car thanking him for the services, and i heard my sister scream my name! i ran over to her and she yelled "mom passed out"! so i looked over and my mom was laying next to my uncles grave gone! no life in her face! the nurse in me instantly knew she was gone just by looking at her face. I immediately started CPR, I gave my mother Breaths and compressions for 9 minutes, and until you have done that for 9 mins straight you will never understand how hard it is, especially on your own mother! finally the ambulance showed up used the defibrillator on her and took her to the hospital, she died 4 times that day and because i immediately started CPR she suffered no brain damage! i feel like i have pts from that, every time i talk about it, it gives me anxiety!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Well the point being from where I can see, they are different.
Sorry for my misunderstanding ,I thought you are referring to ants as humans philosophically speaking.

link   
reply to post by doubledutch

My son also never ate much meat either ....like your son he was also partial to bacon.... but now he realizes that we have to kill a pig for that.... so that was that. He also gets upset if I kill Mosquito's ... so now I have to try to trap and release (even though he understands they can spread disease to us humans, never mind the red welts) . He was also quite upset that the cat managed to kill our Avocado plant (me too ...), and was very very upset that he accidentally killed a snail. His favorite food is overwhelmingly fruit !! (no plant death in this case !)

I've practically given up dead animals (fish & shrimp are my occasional weakness), but I also worry about the pollution (PCB's / Mercury) ... I keep thinking about going Vegan but really can not stand soy / tofu and I love eggs & cheese ... bwwwaaa (but do eat organic ...but that is really probably only helping lower my exposure to GMO's and pesticides... not the poor male calf's or male chicks...). I don't wear makeup or buy leather / wool / fur or even faux fur. I use mostly plant based household cleaners ... salt is a great toilet cleaner. Do not use anti-bacterial soap or any tricolsan product (dioxin issue) or any perfumes (fake estrogens)...

I do not like killing anything, but realize it is very tough to get by in life without casualties (especially to bugs when driving).... then there is the flea issue/Heart worm issue ….(which has to be dealt with as tape worms and pets dying earlier isn’t much fun) . Animal products are used in an amazing array of products... and it's not always possible to spot just from reading a label.
I refused to buy a gas guzzling vehicle, the sulking from my other half was really something!

I use fluoride free toothpaste. Trying to do my bit to cut down of the general level of pollution that does kill lots of life and generally poisons us humans. I keep writing to congress / FDA to stop GMO's ... huge increase in pesticide use... really bad for the frogs, humans, bee's and it's probably responsible for the death of our American Bats (fungus infection is killing them...when they've been surviving this fungus in Europe.).. Etc.
My Mom said I got seriously upset at age 3 when some neighbor’s cut down a healthy tree..Still have issues with Tree loss or torturing a pine tree for Xmas.

My little random acts of kindness include nursing a toad back to life, her back legs got run over by my car (big Bertha)..Took 4 months.. and lots of bought crickets ...urmmm ..but she hopped out of there ...if I see stranded worms I move them back to the soil, helped with Snapping Turtle in middle of big road nowhere near a body of water to lake relocation. Couple of Birds rubbed for shock and released, spider/ misc bug relocation ... chip monks/rabbit removal from local fat cat. Couple of Humans , Cats and Dogs also saved.

Disasters with a couple of Goldfish .... Realized that they need huge tanks and lots of care..got really rather expensive trying to do the right thing.. now I figured it was better not to keep fish at home ...poor neglected spider plants at University.....terrible really couldn't even keep a few plants alive back then.

link   
My husband and I have saved 2 human lives. Great feeling.
The only bugs I tend to spare is the only one I'm allergic to. Bees got enough problems without me killing them.
Screw ants though....cocky little bastards think they own the place...around my area they pretty much do...I don't feel right feeling that way but at least I can admit it

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
sorry wrong thread oops
edit on 2/22/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join