Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Maybe it's you who needs to accept your true calling as a human.
Maybe....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
What does Life mean to you...conscious life!

I never take the life of an ant in my...conscious life.

Someone said once "Save a life, save a whole world"

But you?..it can be worth more than we imagine.

Although today the killing has become a way of life.

Maybe humans are unconscious when they take another life..

Life.Why we do not give it the real value!

How can be worth a life, how life is worth to you.

In industrial nations, the justice system considers a human life "priceless" thus illegalized any form of slavery; i.e., humans cannot be bought for any price.
However, with a limited supply of resources or infrastructural capital (e.g. ambulances), or skill at hand, it is impossible to save every life, so some trade-off must be made.
Also, this argumentation neglects the statistical context of the term. It is not commonly attached to lives of individuals or used to compare the value of one person's life relative to another person's.
It is mainly used in circumstances of saving lives as opposed to taking lives or "producing" lives.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Who give us the right to take another life!No one.Ever.

And we must never forget that,.the evil that we do to others it can turn against us, or not, depends on the history of our pre-

Layering of history is like layers of coal can lead to a certain self-ignition when the conditions are met.

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say...or ask. Your last few words are a bit confusing. You ask, "Did you save a life in your life?" and you then continue confidently with the answer...for all of us.

In the replies, so far....you can read that many people have saved other peoples lives and so did I...twice. In my case it was not a difficult decision to make...I did not directly risk my own life to save the lives of others at the time. The action I took was what every normal person would do in that situation.

But I guess that you mean saving any form of life, if you see its in life danger? Like the spider trying to escape the shower-drain and such..? Are we aware of the value of the spiders life in this situation, or in any other situation?

I asked myself that question too....Is the life of a cat more valuable than the life of a fly?

Personally I do not think so and is every life equal valuable allthough it seems how smaller the animal the easier it will be to not think about it and crush the annoying fly with the Daily Telegraph.

edit on 22/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Just a theory. But then due to the loving nature of Family above, this would not truly function as a way to just not grow the seeds bigger of their consciousness, but instead they would really be working behind the seeds, and using many cycles if necessary, to continue to grow all the seeds up into bigger souls too. They never give up on anyone.
When an animal dies as a kill for human needs he knows and accepts his fate,in a way.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yes..I have saved a life...in my life.

Several years ago I was visiting a neighbor....and he fell on the floor...and was turning blue and not breathing...I did CPR on him....called 911 and by the time the medics arrived he was breathing again....they said that I saved his life..and that if I had not been quick to do CPR on him...he would have died.

I am just glad that I had taken CPR classes from the Red Cross!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Lol, it just so happens I spare bugs, mice and the like quite often. There was an event recently though, when I witnessed a swarm of ants coming out of an Xbox controller and I had to make an exception to my usual rule about not killing anything I don't have to. You see, I'm horrified of swarms, hate them; they make me sick. So I smashed out every last ant that scurried out of that controller.

What's funny is that as I did I felt kind of bad and tried to console myself with the thought, "I wouldn't kill them if there weren't so damn many." I instantly knew that Hitler must have thought the same thing at one time and felt even worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wont kill anything living consciously, I may do accidently but that happens I guess. Like stepping out into the garden late at night in the dark and hearing that unmistakeable crunch as you squash a snail

I like to think of it as a karma test, that somewhere we're being judged by all our deeds here (no, not god)

I also think that we are sharing their planet, not them sharing ours, they were most definitely here before us so we're intruding on their space.

That said, I do believe in hunting for food, we need to eat right? and many animals eat other animals. I do not support hunting for "sport". it's not a sport, a sport is two even sides competing equally on a fair playing field.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think that relates to connection to the force or their Source and how much consciousness is present. Ie. connection to love and knowing they are going higher perhaps. Humans are not meant to do this. They may choose not to fight something and be unconditional love, but they are recording it all as a witness, they are like Obi wan, who expands hundreds of thousands of times beyond the golf ball size intellect or orbs seen and becomes truly Empowered, far far over the head of Darth Vader.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I've saved 6 HUMAN lives
That's a good thing.

I have saved a few lives and my conscience feel better knowing that those people are still here on Earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I have saved a life in my life, and it only took a few words. The mother, to this day cannot thank me enough. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity and grateful for the courage to speak up.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Saving a life can often be a matter of coincidence, the man in the right place, and always must capitalize that,as giving the gift.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This is a totally simplistic view of this realm. In this realm the rules are simple: everything, everything, must eat another thing to survive: eating means killing. From Bacteria to Humans, the chain is clear, one eats - kills, another. Rabbits multiply like rabbits because they are food for so many other animals - they get killed. Those are the rules, the rules don't apply to all realms, just this one - everyone who plays the game knows the rules. In many ways it is an honor to serve another in that manner.

Now, gratuitous killing, another matter altogether and hardly worth discussing.

As for "saving" a life. This cannot be done, no one can save another from dying, the overall rule - in this realm and others, is that each person decides when the enter the body and when the leave - period. There are no deaths by accident as we see it, everyone chooses to leave when they choose to leave - most have no conscious connection to either the date they choose or the process (some do of course but you won't find them on talk shows) but all choose the exit date. The why's and such of another's death cannot be understood by those viewing the exit point. What I mean by this is I cannot understand why someone would choose to exit the body in a plane crash, or via cancer, I have no idea and neither does anyone else - that understanding is found within the soul matrix of that person.

Do animals choose their death date? No, different consciousness process at play there, neither do plants or any other being in the realm that isn't self reflective in its bodily expression.

Does motivation matter? Sort of, but only from the POV of the person taking the action. So, does it matter that I kill a spider because: 1. I don't like them? 2. The bite might kill me? 3. For fun? The process of motivation is so subjective that only the individual who is taking the action - in connection with the spider, can define what is actually going on for them in their evolution. To say one of the above three is wrong, or even right, is to simply judge based on no information. Someone once said to me "I don't really know anything about punching someone." I said, "fine, hit me." and the person did, and learned something. A person watching across the street would see an uncalled for strike and might even call the police.

To judge these matters should be seen as pointless, maybe fun to play "judge the action" but in the end it is pointless.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

This is a totally simplistic view of this realm. In this realm the rules are simple: everything, everything, must eat another thing to survive: eating means killing.
Eating is one...killing each other is another....philosophically speaking.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I also think that we are sharing their planet, not them sharing ours, they were most definitely here before us so we're intruding on their space.
Things must be as they were left,for that's why we have reason(I think).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

To judge these matters should be seen as pointless, maybe fun to play "judge the action" but in the end it is pointless.
Hard to extract Gold from Nothing,,,very hard.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

I instantly knew that Hitler must have thought the same thing at one time and felt even worse.
I think Hitler was a sociopath, so do not suffer degree of comparison.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Saving a life can often be a matter of coincidence, the man in the right place, and always must capitalize that,as giving the gift.

Me saving that man's life was not a "matter of coincidence"...I have trained CPR skills...and I used them...that is not coincidence. I am just glad I could help someone.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

"matter of coincidence"
Sorry my bad,coincidence as he was there for you to save him.The right person on the right moment at the right time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

"matter of coincidence"
Sorry my bad,coincidence as he was there for you to save him.The right person on the right moment at the right time.

Thank you for clearing that up...now I understand what you are saying. Yes...fate was in his favor that day.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I tend to "re-locate" some of the larger creatures (cockroaches, spiders, lizards, etc.) that are found wandering in our house. It's not about karma or anything like that. I just think that they have their place in the eco-system - but just not in our house. For those that are too small to easily capture and relocate, they can get a trip on some moist toilet tissue into the drain system, where there is a decent chance of survival as well.

But consider that humans as a whole as part of the United Nations through the World Health Organization, have agreed that some organisms as a whole should be removed from existence. The first successful example is smallpox. There remain only a few vials in the US and in Russia that still keep remnants of this virus in a sort of suspended animation in case a new outbreak occurs (in order to help create vaccine, and for research, etc.
).

I know that smallpox is a virus that some may not consider to be truly living (until it is inside a host cell), but one of the next candidates slated by WHO for such "extermination" from the planet is the Guinea Worm (dracunculiasis). This is an actual multicellular worm-like organism that can be parasitic for much of its lifespan. Should the Guinea Worm not be eradicated?

What about malaria (another multi-cellular organism)? Should we try to eliminate the HIV virus?

Should we not eliminate those organisms that cause much pain and suffering to us humans?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

What about malaria (another multi-cellular organism)?

Should we try to eliminate the HIV virus? Should we not eliminate those organisms that cause much pain and suffering to us humans?
By doing this you save the lives of other humans,which is the same thing with saving a life.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join