It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

i save spiders all the time
usualy in the bath
then i put them outside
i cant kill spiders, dont know why lol

Just in the past week I found a "daddy-long-legs" and a smaller spider in my house, put them outside. Seemed like a merciful thing to do. But a larger spider like a Brown-Recluse whose bite can mess-you-up I would definitely squash if I found one in my house.

I once found a bat that was stuck in my attic, put it outside.

Bats and spiders = good, they eat annoying insects!

Saving the life of another human? Well, I helped stop the severe arm bleeding of a college kid until the paramedics arrived. He was high and ran through a glass door He probably would have lived though.

Helped my dad a number of times when he was dangerously low on sugar (he's a diabetic). Some of those times were quite severe actually. IIRC that was during a period of time before he eliminated aspartame from his diet and is BSL was really erratic.

Haven't really had any other opportunities that I can recall at the moment.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone

iv saves 3 human lives and alotta animals lives i dont have the heart to kill them unless they attack me and i can die but it has to be both then it might have to die.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saved this guy from getting hit by a car. Did I do the world a favor? No. If he had died would the world be better? Yes it would, his name was Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker. Ya gotta save the right life.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I've saved many lives.

19 as far as I can remember, but I was an RN who worked ICU and ER for 10 years. And I've been on the volunteer ambulance for 15 years as an EMT-P.

Does that count?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
hmmm...only butterflies, moths, spiders and animals.

i busted a spider out of jail once. I was let go but we hads to smuggle Charlotte out as her papers could not be found and we were uncertain of her actual release date.

Shhhhhhhh....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

I've saved many lives.

19 as far as I can remember, but I was an RN who worked ICU and ER for 10 years. And I've been on the volunteer ambulance for 15 years as an EMT-P.

Does that count?

I'd say it does.

well done!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Every saved life is important,as also is very important to fight for every life to save.

Life is only good that once lost can not be regained.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ok, question though. Food for discussion.

In nursing there are all kinds of codes, code blue, code red, code pink, but the one that's rarely talked about is the slow code.

A slow code is when a very ill patient has a full resuscitation order, but no chance of survival. So when they go into code status the nurse or doctor goes and gets a cup of coffee and then calls the code 10 minutes later.

Having done CPR on many elderly patients I can tell you that it is devastating for the patient if they are revived. Ribs break easily on elderly patients during CPR, you can feel and hear them breaking. And when you're having trouble breathing to begin with broken ribs add a big dose of pain to the equation. And as I said, these patients are going to die soon no matter how many heroic measures the family calls for. Only now they get their last few days in incredible pain.

I'm not saying I've ever participated in one, just that they are a reality of life.

Discuss.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So when they go into code status the nurse or doctor goes and gets a cup of coffee and then calls the code 10 minutes later.
This is a difficult question I think balance is a matter of life decision decided arbitrarily to death something that can be done, but must come from themselves.

I don't know if I make my self understood,right.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I meant it as a thought provoker.

It's a quandry I've given a great deal of thought too and I am looking for more opinions and insight.

As a society we treat our pets more humanely than we treat our loved ones when it comes to end of life decision making. We see our beloved pet suffering so we go the vet to end that suffering. Not so with people.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

We see our beloved pet suffering so we go the vet to end that suffering. Not so with people.
I know what you are saying this is a very debatable thing,

Intentional good can be sometimes worse then accidentally bad.

Some think that euthanasia is the same thing with death penalty dictated by the pain of people unaware of.

I wish to have an answer to this,but I think first we do not know where we came from.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

For the most part if there is no DNR I gotta do what I gotta do....have you noticed that the patients that have all kinds of severe med. problems are the easiest to resuscitate? I have a theory on that.
Some of the replies to your question were equating slow code with euthanasia IMO that is a big difference in a slow code you are just allowing nature to take its course, euthanasia is actively taking life and that is a big difference at least in my mind.
Some patients (I am thinking cancer pts typically) will take higer and higher doses of pain meds trying to manage their pain and eventually OD when a care provider is supplying/administering the meds is this euthanasia? I suppose it has to do with intent but I kinda do not think it is.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If I see an ant in my room or near my food I will kill it but I will not go out of the way just to kill it.
I do not stand on spiders unless they are bugging me directly, like on me.
I get annoyed when people think they are heroic for killing them when you are in class and people are getting all fussed.
I have saved some animal lives like a sheep was stuck in a fence (it would have been eaten by a fox or slit its neck on the sharp broken parts of the fence) but that does not make me better than anyone else like you seem to think you are, maybe you do not think you are but you do seem to be coming across that way.
I would kill to survive, eat and to avoid danger but that does not make me a bad person! Humans are animals but you are right no one has the right to take a life but sorry you no one has the right to judge others either. I am a carnivore, I eat meat but to get meat it has to be killed but if I do not eat, i do not live

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join