It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I once saved the life of one of my chickens but I had to kill another animal

I also talked a good friend of mine out of taking suicide, saved a lot of birds from our cats and so on.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by smithjustinb

Would it not make more sense to get your female cat spayed so it does not keep having litters of kittens rather than shoot some elses cat?

"atomsapple" says...

I like the "spay the female cat" idea.

I'm enjoying this thread. I've only read through to page 6 so far. It's interesting, the title sucked me in and the final question in the OP had me answering- like many other members, "Why, yes, I have saved lives- human and other animals, big and small." I wasn't planning to respond, but now this cat debate has me...

"smithjustinb" replied to "iamherefornow"...

Let me ask you... would you rather be spayed, or would you rather me get rid of ther person who keeps making you pregnant against your will. HMMM?

"atomsapple" says...

Hmmm. I see what you're saying but the way you stated it puts a funny twist on the whole thing. First off, if an actual "person" keeps getting your cat pregnant, then by all means shoot 'em up with your BB's and CO2. Second (because I assume you're talking about cats here), what exactly do you mean by "keeps making you pregnant against your will"? Are you saying your female cat does not want to be pregnant? If so, how do you know this? Did she tell you? I think you mean YOU do not want her to be pregnant, in which case forking out the money to spay her would in fact prevent this "problem". Third, if you choose to kill the male cat who keeps trying to bang your female, I can pretty much guarantee that another male cat will someday come along, and potentially "make her pregnant against her (your) will". So, you could keep killing all the male cats to prevent your female from having babies, or you could have her spayed and leave the males to do their thing... and their "thing" is, quite naturally, to reproduce.

I, for one, would MUCH rather be spayed to prevent my own pregnancy than see someone go around killing all the men in the world.

edit on 23-2-2012 by atomsapple because: Apparently, I don't have the whole "quote" system down yet... had to edit to make sure it's clear who said what. Hopefully it makes sense.

edit on 23-2-2012 by atomsapple because: same

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by smithjustinb

The other alternative is to keep your cat inside.

Well said.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Its actually true because the way people view life in today's society is very jaded. Nobody really cares about the life, suffering, or experiences of other people or lifeforms beyond themselves or maybe their immediate family. Sad.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
who cares about stupid ants? are you really gonna stop someone from stepping on an ant? no your not.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KryptKeeper
Its actually true because the way people view life in today's society is very jaded. Nobody really cares about the life, suffering, or experiences of other people or lifeforms beyond themselves or maybe their immediate family. Sad.

That is a very sweeping statement, more people care about other lives than you think. I have always put myself in other peoples shoes so to speak.

I cannot stand to see suffering, of any creature. I have saved many lives, I have also taken them but usually to put something(eg. Insect in a bad way) out of it's misery. I'm sure there are many here who know what I mean... I do however sometimes wonder afterwards 'was it my place to judge that life as unbarable?'.

Personally, if I had been half stepped on with my body all mangled, I would welcome a swift death.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Taking the life of anything other than for personal survival is illogical

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
20 years Coast Guard. You betcha. In my second 20 years of service, I'm in now training ship drivers in their simulators. Used to also train SOAC and XO schools for every USN sub in the world for years until the got their own simulator in Groton. A USN LCDR came up to me a couple years after he was in the simulators and with a trembling voice explained it was all my credit their sub didn't collide with a super tanker in the Med. Long story short, even though you may be tempted to turn left in international waters in an offset, but still head-on situation, both MUST come right (Andrea Dorea - Stolkholm incident setup). The CO and XO of the sub wanted to come left to open up the CPA, but this OPS off. who had the CONN refused and threw a fit on the bridge almost threatening the CO and XO. In the heat of the argument, the supertanker turned right like it was supposed to. If the sub had turned left it would have been cut in half. The LCDR, a rugged, rough hardened man cried as he turned away. Every day I go into work taking my job on as life-and-death ever since.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Did you save a life in your life? No?I thought so!

I have a feeling this thread would have got many more flags if it wasn't posted from such a high horse.
Anyway, great for you for having compassion for other living beings.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Hi DS:

It makes me uncomfortable even discussing those incidents. I didnt do it for praise or glory...it was something that had to be done and done my me at the time..call it syncronicity or what you will.

But to move further...Im the guy at work who goes after the bugs and spiders when ladies scream. I pick em up and move em outside to a bush or grass. Thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

as one who has caught and killed fish to eat set traps in the wild, i know the look of a dieing animal and only in the case of food would i ever hurt an animal no matter how big or small. i now understand why the ancients had such apreaction for the animals they ate. no life deserves to die.
my son put it best at the age of 4 as my girl was pushing the stroller through the park my son came running over and grabed the stroller "you have to go around" he said, my girl looked at him and seen he was guarding an ant hill, she was about to run it over when he yelled "mommy dont" i told her to go around and went and grabbed his hand, i asked him why he was guarding the ant hill and he said "i dont wanna hurt them daddy their alive to".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Dear diamondsmith,

Your thread got me thinking about some things in my life and I want to make some small points. If we ever save someone, I think the circumstances play a large part in how we feel about it. I never felt in danger anytime I have ever saved someone, it was always from an accident. I think that if you save a life by taking a bullet for someone or risking your life, then maybe it is different. Then I think that maybe they feel even less like heroes. I think if you save someone's life, maybe, we can never really understand what it meant. I think that is why I always wondered what happened to the little girl, how did it effect her and how did she effect others. I think the Chinese had some saying about how if you saved someone's life, you were responsible for their actions.

When someone dies in your arms, you wonder what you could have done different. When you save someone, you tend to wonder what it all meant. At least that is the way I have felt in such situations. Maybe it is just human to wonder what effect we have had on the world and what effect we could have had if we made better decisions. Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

Actually, I've saved many people's lives in my lifetime.
Animals as well. Even a bug or two.

Edit: Also, this tangent you've gone on to isn't fair in the least (the cat rape analogy). The thought originally proposed for discussion was "Have you ever saved a life," not "Would you kill someone." Those are two completely different ideas.
edit on 24-2-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KryptKeeper

Nobody really cares about the life, suffering, or experiences of other people or lifeforms beyond themselves or maybe their immediate family. Sad.
Once was otherwise.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Those are two completely different ideas.
Finally someone understood the whole idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My dear A Queastion

When you save someone, you tend to wonder what it all meant.
Maybe we must go further and ask our selves:

What real power is.

Your thread got me thinking about some things in my life and I want to make some small points. If we ever save someone,
There are many ways to save lives,but we must have eyes in order to see.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
who cares about stupid ants? are you really gonna stop someone from stepping on an ant? no your not.
I wonder as always what this world will be without evil.

A half paradise.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I work in Fire/EMS so its kind of a common occurance

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

It makes me uncomfortable even discussing those incidents.
It should not,a open heart could heal everything,sometimes.You have no idea what wonders can do the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

I have a feeling this thread would have got many more flags if it wasn't posted from such a high horse.
For me it's only the tip of the iceberg,the "high horses" are infinite higher then the infinite itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join