It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What does Life mean to you...conscious life!

I never take the life of an ant in my...conscious life.

Someone said once "Save a life, save a whole world"

But you?..it can be worth more than we imagine.

Although today the killing has become a way of life.

Maybe humans are unconscious when they take another life..

Life.Why we do not give it the real value!

How can be worth a life, how life is worth to you.

In industrial nations, the justice system considers a human life "priceless" thus illegalized any form of slavery; i.e., humans cannot be bought for any price.
However, with a limited supply of resources or infrastructural capital (e.g. ambulances), or skill at hand, it is impossible to save every life, so some trade-off must be made.
Also, this argumentation neglects the statistical context of the term. It is not commonly attached to lives of individuals or used to compare the value of one person's life relative to another person's.
It is mainly used in circumstances of saving lives as opposed to taking lives or "producing" lives.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Who give us the right to take another life!No one.Ever.

And we must never forget that,.the evil that we do to others it can turn against us, or not, depends on the history of our pre-

Layering of history is like layers of coal can lead to a certain self-ignition when the conditions are met.

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
hi op

i save spiders all the time
usualy in the bath
then i put them outside
i cant kill spiders, dont know why lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Good,that you saved a life(lives).. it counts.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Actually , I have saved a life. I saved someone from drowning when many others didnt even notice the person was laying on the bottom of the pool. Like the poster above, I save spiders as well.

I think as this post moves along, you are going to find many that have saved lives in one form of another. Not everyone in this world has gone over the edge yet.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The ant shriveled under the magnifying glass when I rescued the burnt figure.

link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

Yes.

One of my dogs was originally adopted from a shelter and the original people decided they didn't want him and brought him back. He stayed there for long enough that they were going to put him down so I bought him. Now he's as happy as can be.

Not only that but he had a tiny hole in his heart and I got that fixed.
edit on 22-2-2012 by sp0rk because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   
Don't jump to conclusions my friend, not all human beings are brain-dead zombies.
I once punched a kid at school because he was sticking needles into a little beetle. I was suspended for a while but I think I made my point to him. I'm currently looking after two cattle birds (known here as Egrets) because their mom was taken out by a cobra, some people think I'm silly but I can't allow these creatures to just die in front of me, its not in my nature.
I also have a little chameleon that i found in the middle of the road, his tail had been run over. He's doing great now, should be ready for release in a few days...His name is "Mephisto, Lord of Hatered" He suits the name haha!

Sentient or not, I believe every living creature has a place on this planet, we're all connected anyway.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op

i save spiders all the time
usualy in the bath
then i put them outside
i cant kill spiders, dont know why lol

i was gonna post the same thing almost word for word..

i usually scoop em up with a cup and drop them on a plant outside... something about spiders..

oh .. and i once saved a bird from my neighbors cat.. dont know if it lived.. but it flew away screaming bloody murder lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sp0rk

Not only that but he had a tiny hole in his heart and I got that fixed.
I saved too the life of a dog,now he is ok .

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
The ant shriveled under the magnifying glass when I rescued the burnt figure.
If the magnifying glass is...Earth's atmosphere,then...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Sentient or not, I believe every living creature has a place on this planet, we're all connected anyway.
I agree as long as they do not do any harm.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Amongst the plethora of minuscule creatures a have spared from the bottom end of my shoe or fly swatter I must confess I cannot stand mosquitoes and that irritating high pitch sound they make when I try to sleep. Therefore I am both a saviour and a murderer, but my saving abilities outweigh my killing abilities as I am a great fan of complex little creatures that survive without parasitic traits. In fact I have some sort of preying mantis family unit in my kitchen area as they are skilled hunters of both pesky flies and mosquitoes and I have them thriving in that area, like 5 different species so far.

I do have question though, what if some sort of plague had too break out in, lets say your neighbourhood, wreaking havoc and spreading disease too both elderly and young. Would it then be okay to kill all of those creatures?

Oh and what is your views on the practise of death penalties on humans in certain countries all over the globe?

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Good. I hate seeing animals treated badly/neglected

Every time I see an ASPCA commercial it makes me hate the world
edit on 22-2-2012 by sp0rk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

I do have question though, what if some sort of plague had too break out in, lets say your neighbourhood, wreaking havoc and spreading disease too both elderly and young. Would it then be okay to kill all of those creatures?
I referred to this as a matter of personal conscience.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Would it then be okay to kill all of those creatures?
Maybe those creatures are there because of us!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Brad-H

I agree as long as they do not do any harm.

So, life has a relative value? That seems to go against your OP. Not saying I think that's wrong, cuz I agree, some lives are more valuable than others and sometimes one's actions forfeit one's right to life. I'm only asking because that statement seems to fly in the face of your original statements.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i go out of my way to save lives, whether it's bugs in my pool or the ones i can save in my house or even on the job. i do take a lot of lives also, since i'm a pest control guy, but i do care. i have purposely left many bee hives alone along with ant colony's and such that were in no way going to be a problem for my customers. i care, i think that's what matters.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I'm only asking because that statement seems to fly in the face of your original statements.
Sorry, I don't understand,in what way does it fly!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My philosophy is: would you like to be just walking along one day and a giant hand comes out of nowhere and smashes you to bits? This is why I don't kill a lot of things. I won't kill the spiders, because I'm not scared of them, and my wife hates this.
I rarely kill anything with an intention to. Unless it's a bee and I smack at it as it stings me. Can't help that reaction.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Oh and what is your views on the practise of death penalties on humans in certain countries all over the globe?
In most countries the death penalty was abolished,even a sinful life can be worth something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join