It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My family has always had respect for all life and I have too. We never kill small craetures, because all life is equal and here with a reason. I´ve helped many bees and spiders who have got into truble inside thehouse.
No need to assume that noone never saves lives or helps small animals! Yes, most societies on this planet are abnormally agressive and careless for other beings, but there also are few societies and people, who have respect for life.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I once saved a woman from drowning whilst surfing in the north of spain.
Funny thing was that i was on bail and not supposed to leave the u.k. i had been accused of gbh [greivious bodily harm].
Whilst out on the surf i heard a woman shouting, for a long time, maybe 20 minutes. when i came into beach i discovered the woman stuck in a trench by the rocks. When the water went out she could stand and the sea reached her chin, but when it came in it was about 15 feet deep. she was managing to take a breath scream for help in what turned out to be portuguese. I threw my board to her and pulled her in with the tether, keeping her well away from me as she was really panicking. I got her to shore and met her husband who was frantic looking for her. He was only 100 yards away but could not see her or hear her. plus the beach was very busy but with no guards and a yellow flag flying.
The husband wanted my name and a crowd had gathered so i had to do a runner. when i got back to camp my girlfriend did not believe me and thought i had just been having fun on the wavesor in the bar.
I returned to the u.k and was found not guilty, i claimed self defence which was corroborated by CCTV ironically enough as i do not like the whole surveillence society we live in. without the cctv i would have went to prison for 3 counts of gbh each of them 7 year sentence.
i always think, if i had obeyed the crown prosecution service there would be a family without a mother and grandmother. I broke the law but i saved a life was i wrong?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

So, life has a relative value?
Oh.I see,who or..."what" give the value of a life..In my humble opinion every life is important.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

I do have question though, what if some sort of plague had too break out in, lets say your neighbourhood, wreaking havoc and spreading disease too both elderly and young. Would it then be okay to kill all of those creatures?
I referred to this as a matter of personal conscience.

Understood but I am merely suggesting that this is not a "black and white" subject, especially if you refer it to being "personally concious" , for example if you were attacked by somebody or something and it is a matter of life and death for both parties, well then things become a little more subjective than sparring the life of an insect.

Not trying to spark off an argument here just want you to consider the "wild card" possibilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Fact: I save creatures all the time from death. If I find an ant in my path, I avoid stepping on it, if I find a bug drowning in a water bucket or something, I'll fish it out. If I find a ladybug that someone will kill later because they're annoying, I take it and relocate it somewhere where no one will even see it. I used to even go scrape ladybugs off of sticky duct tape traps so that they wouldn't have to suffer the slow death. I once set a carnival fish go in a stream so that it wouldn't have to sit in the plastic bag it came in and suffocate because my brother stupidly won it even though my mother told him that we can't have any other fish in our tank with our beta fish. >.>

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
when i was around 7 or 8,myself and 5 or 6 of my cousins were playing near the water in quebec,when my little cousin jean pierre(5 years old at the time) fell off of a dock and into the water.the other cousins(all around 10,12 years old)freaked and ran away while he splashed about.i knew that jean pierre could not swim(and so did the others)so i jumped in and carried him to the shore.now to be honest the water was pretty shallow,and it wasnt a real big deal,but to this day(36 years later),i am still my aunts fave nephew and the older cousins never heard the end of how little JP could have died of it was up to them.pretty funny,at family gatherings i still get that extra piece of cake,beer,ect,,,,even though i havent thought about that in a long,my aunt never forgot.thanks for the reminder op.it warms my heart to do good deeds.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I never take the life of an ant in my...conscious life.

This just isn't true and isn't possible. You kill ants that you don't even notice. If you drive a car, you are killing tons of bugs. If you live in a structure, that structure has surely been sprayed for bugs and they die just trying to enter. You make the conscious decision to do these things, knowing the outcome will be death and destruction.

I've put Amdro on Fire Ant mounds and likely killed millions or even billions of ants over the years, but it is necessary to protect my own children from the danger of the fire ants. I wouldn't kill them if they weren't so aggressive, but they have to be controlled and they deserve what they get, they shouldn't be so swarmy!

No way a grown person can claim they never consciously cause a death. We all do it.

Now, I did eat a Karma-free meal once. Nothing had to die, not even a plant in the preparation of the meal, and I thought that was pretty cool. I'd like to eat that way everyday.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i go out of my way to save lives, whether it's bugs in my pool or the ones i can save in my house or even on the job. i do take a lot of lives also, since i'm a pest control guy, but i do care. i have purposely left many bee hives alone along with ant colony's and such that were in no way going to be a problem for my customers. i care, i think that's what matters.
My question has a lot of other meanings more from the philosophically point and real,related to us as individuals.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
- My nephew's father tried killing himself, He went missing after he found his g.mother died and I went looking for him to find a pair of legs hanging off of a combine* tracker. I broke the shoe strings he had hung him self with, gave him CPR and brought him back to life... never once heard a "thank you".... but since then i only kill for food and even things like stink bugs i refuse to kill....Though we should not be afraid of death we should embrace life after life

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I do have question though, what if some sort of plague had too break out in, lets say your neighbourhood, wreaking havoc and spreading disease too both elderly and young. Would it then be okay to kill all of those creatures?
I referred to this as a matter of personal conscience.

Understood but I am merely suggesting that this is not a "black and white" subject, especially if you refer it to being "personally concious" , for example if you were attacked by somebody or something and it is a matter of life and death for both parties, well then things become a little more subjective than sparring the life of an insect.

Not trying to spark off an argument here just want you to consider the "wild card" possibilities.

such is my case as a pest control tech. there are times when i must take life and i don't feel remorse for them as much as sympathy for those who would rather not have fleas and bedbugs eating them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I work very hard at not taking the life of any living creature.I also ask for forgiveness if I accidentally take a life.
I had a good laugh one day, years ago, when my youngest son was on the front porch with a couple of bud's.
"Hey don't knock down the spider webs or kill the spiders my mom wants them there!" one guy ask "why?" he answered " 'cause they trap all the other bugs and keeps them out of the house, plus she doesn't believe in killing anything with a heart or a brain." (friend) "Cool!"
I give thanks to/ for anything I eat.

I talk to the trees, flowers, grass, sky, sun, wind ..just everything.
And I thank them all for the joy it give's me and the life it shares with me.

I failed to mention that I also ask for forgiveness for taking any life unknowingly as it IS totally unavoidable.
edit on 22-2-2012 by azureskys because: new thought

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Agreed

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This just isn't true and isn't possible. You kill ants that you don't even notice. If you drive a car, you are killing tons of bugs
That why I was referring to it as "...conscious life",to realize what and what not, and that is why the death penalty is a controversy,my point of view is more from a philosophically point ,related to real life as we are like ants on this planet.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Agreed ,as then occur the natural instincts of defense,they come and we no longer think rationally.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Agree all life is precious, we save hornets each day when they get trapped on our porch. In contrast to what you have said, I have saved hundreds of lives, meaning human, something I chose to do and train for. But then, as I age, I am attacked by these same families, sad, memories fade.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I save spiders from the bath all the time, it's funny watching them try to climb out! haha.. The other day I seen a mosquito trapped in this web which was in the weirdest position I've ever seen, dunno how it even got caught, and THEN the spider who I'm guessing made the web dropped down and started to suck its blood out!!! I didn't feel the urge to free the mozzie cause I would be taking the spiders excellently hunted dinner away.

TBH If I was a mosquito I'd rather be squashed by someone then have my blood sucked from my body from a 8 legged monster! lol... And if I had been freed from the web, id be traumatized and have nightmares about the spider for the rest of my 10 day life

If somethings in trouble and obviously needs help, then I will help, but if its nature playing its course, I'll leave it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Are you sure about that?

Have you ever ran or walked without watching every step you take?

Have you ever driven a car, rode in a bus or a train? Ever ride a bike?

If you have done any of those...you most likely have taken the life of an insect.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

I once saved a woman from drowning whilst surfing in the north of spain.

i always think, if i had obeyed the crown prosecution service there would be a family without a mother and grandmother. I broke the law but i saved a life was i wrong?
Interesting story.

You have done good saving that life.

I know someone who saved a life from drowning but he died drowned saving that life, a real sacrifice.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

...conscious life.

Are you sure about that?
I repeated that the difference between taking a life being aware of it and take a life without being aware.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I talk to the trees, flowers, grass, sky, sun, wind ..just everything. And I thank them all for the joy it give's me and the life it shares with me
Wow that is touching,thanks for sharing,I think you're a happy person.

As we are many( like ants) many we can do more good.

edit on 22-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: do

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join