It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have been responsible for saving human lives a couple of times.
Both were car accidents and one of those was my own sister.
As far as taking a human life, I could do so if I had no other option.
But then how much time do you really to have weigh the options, if there is an
immediate threat to ones own life or others?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nateNZ

If somethings in trouble and obviously needs help, then I will help, but if its nature playing its course, I'll leave it.
Say no to intervene in the nature, is very wrong to influence the natural mechanisms, and still do all the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

But then how much time do you really to have weigh the options, if there is an immediate threat to ones own life or others?
I don't know maybe this is the real definition to what awareness could be from an a highly controlled puncture of view of"no option".

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AquaChef11

but since then i only kill for food and even things like stink bugs i refuse to kill....Though we should not be afraid of death we should embrace life after life
maybe when we are near death we understand something unconscious and we assume it without realizing it, and became better persons.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

No need to assume that noone never saves lives or helps small animals! Yes, most societies on this planet are abnormally agressive and careless for other beings, but there also are few societies and people, who have respect for life.
In every society there are individuals that have respect for life,as I was referring to us as individuals.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I'm only asking because that statement seems to fly in the face of your original statements.
Sorry, I don't understand,in what way does it fly!

not literally "fly." The phrase "fly in the face of," means to contradict or go against something.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
reply to post by diamondsmith

I once saved a woman from drowning whilst surfing in the north of spain.
Funny thing was that i was on bail and not supposed to leave the u.k. i had been accused of gbh [greivious bodily harm].
Whilst out on the surf i heard a woman shouting, for a long time, maybe 20 minutes. when i came into beach i discovered the woman stuck in a trench by the rocks. When the water went out she could stand and the sea reached her chin, but when it came in it was about 15 feet deep. she was managing to take a breath scream for help in what turned out to be portuguese. I threw my board to her and pulled her in with the tether, keeping her well away from me as she was really panicking. I got her to shore and met her husband who was frantic looking for her. He was only 100 yards away but could not see her or hear her. plus the beach was very busy but with no guards and a yellow flag flying.
The husband wanted my name and a crowd had gathered so i had to do a runner. when i got back to camp my girlfriend did not believe me and thought i had just been having fun on the wavesor in the bar.
I returned to the u.k and was found not guilty, i claimed self defence which was corroborated by CCTV ironically enough as i do not like the whole surveillence society we live in. without the cctv i would have went to prison for 3 counts of gbh each of them 7 year sentence.
i always think, if i had obeyed the crown prosecution service there would be a family without a mother and grandmother. I broke the law but i saved a life was i wrong?

That's an amazing story. I believe in karma, so I think if you hadn't saved her life, maybe you would have been found guilty. Things do work out like that quite often.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by 35Foxtrot

So, life has a relative value?
Oh.I see,who or..."what" give the value of a life..In my humble opinion every life is important.

Well, by you stating, "I agree as long as they do not do any harm," you are the one placing that value. I'm only asking the question and poin ting out the possible contradiction in your posts.

Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I haven't had the chance to save a human one, I don't think, though have helped others as much I could. But two insect experiences were interesting.

One was a spider, being flushed down the toilet, and it was in full flush, no stopping it, but I changed my mind and cried out internally, and the toilet stopped flushing. It was full flush near the end, and no way would it have stopped. My ex husband was nearby so I carefully, (though even worse fear of them than him, and he killed all on sight due to having to sleep in odd places as a child) scooped him up and put him up on the top shelf of the closet to dry out, it was wintertime. And as soon as I could started a rescue and deport outside policy. Also told every child I could to not harm insects thoughtlessly, as they're apt to do.

When a dragonfly was trapped in the house, in the corner near the TV, beside the glass sliding doors. My son would normally take some time trying to capture it, and it was really confused.

I tried telepathy.

I stood at the door, and sent energy to the dragonfly showing the door and outside, showing I was at the door and to go outside. Safety. Sending really clear warm positive energy and the door and me there, and outside.

Within a couple minutes the dragonfly, that was turning around in circles confused, flew to directly alligned with me on the roof, but he was still confused a bit and turned around for about a minute or so. He finally stopped, lined up with me.

All that time I was sending him those images.

He braced himself and flew straight out the door, nearly brushing the cheek of my face as guidance, as I kept showing him and felt an enormous thank you!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Now, I did eat a Karma-free meal once. Nothing had to die, not even a plant in the preparation of the meal, and I thought that was pretty cool.

Now you have to tell us: what kind of meal was THAT??? No meat, no plants... did you eat rock dust or something construed in some factory that didn't have anything in it but chemicals?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No way a grown person can claim they never consciously cause a death. We all do it.
I understand that,driving a car we don't see...the ants,like flying a plane we may not see the birds.

Like driving our lives we may not see our way,as we think we do.

Any way sorry about that....you know.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Who give us the right to take another life!No one.Ever.

Wrong. Everyone has the god given right to self preservation. If your life is threatened you have a right to protect yourself. For those that don't believe in god ... just call it an evolutionary-right. And parents have a responsibility to protect their children. If that means having to take the life of someone who will take the life of their child, then they have that right.

Did you save a life in your life? No?I thought so!

Yes. One person directly. Others indirectly.
And anyone who pays their taxes and has their tax money go to 'aid' saves lives.
And anyone who donates to the Red Cross or Peace Corps or ____ (fill in) saves lives.

This thread ...
FAIL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I gotta eat. But I would not kill except for that purpose. Except there is this male cat that comes into my back yard and keeps getting my female cat pregnant. I shoot at it with my BB gun every chance I get. If it dies... oh well.

Killing is natural, just look at our teeth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I haven't had the chance to save a human one, I don't think, though have helped others as much I could. But two insect experiences were interesting.

One was a spider, being flushed down the toilet, and it was in full flush, no stopping it, but I changed my mind and cried out internally, and the toilet stopped flushing. It was full flush near the end, and no way would it have stopped. My ex husband was nearby so I carefully, (though even worse fear of them than him, and he killed all on sight due to having to sleep in odd places as a child) scooped him up and put him up on the top shelf of the closet to dry out, it was wintertime. And as soon as I could started a rescue and deport outside policy. Also told every child I could to not harm insects thoughtlessly, as they're apt to do.

When a dragonfly was trapped in the house, in the corner near the TV, beside the glass sliding doors. My son would normally take some time trying to capture it, and it was really confused.

I tried telepathy.

I stood at the door, and sent energy to the dragonfly showing the door and outside, showing I was at the door and to go outside. Safety. Sending really clear warm positive energy and the door and me there, and outside.

Within a couple minutes the dragonfly, that was turning around in circles confused, flew to directly alligned with me on the roof, but he was still confused a bit and turned around for about a minute or so. He finally stopped, lined up with me.

All that time I was sending him those images.

He braced himself and flew straight out the door, nearly brushing the cheek of my face as guidance, as I kept showing him and felt an enormous thank you!

I've had that spontaneous telepathic connection with wildlife as well. Once I saved a red squirrel dangling from our bird feeder that was right next to our back door. I'd opened the back door and let the cat out and didn't see the squirrel at first, which was only two feet away from me. The cat hadn't noticed the squirrel yet, and I was worried he would panic and make a run for it -- then the cat definitely would have gotten him. So I looked at the squirrel and the squirrel looked at me, and I made the "Shhhh" signal with my finger on my lips. Instantly, the squirrel froze and didn't move again until I had managed to coax the cat back into the house. It was quite cute.

Once I had an intimate third-eye connection with a 13-foot iguana, but that's not a life saver story, so this is not the right place for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes. One person directly.

Others indirectly.
Glad to hear this.

And anyone who pays their taxes and has their tax money go to 'aid' saves lives. And anyone who donates to the Red Cross or Peace Corps or ____ (fill in) saves lives.
I war referring as personal experience.

This thread ... FAIL
Sure,why not as good persons save lives...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Within a couple minutes the dragonfly, that was turning around in circles confused, flew to directly alligned with me on the roof, but he was still confused a bit and turned around for about a minute or so. He finally stopped, lined up with me. All that time I was sending him those images. He braced himself and flew straight out the door, nearly brushing the cheek of my face as guidance, as I kept showing him and felt an enormous thank you!
A beautiful story, I'm glad you share it with us.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Now, I did eat a Karma-free meal once. Nothing had to die, not even a plant in the preparation of the meal, and I thought that was pretty cool.

Now you have to tell us: what kind of meal was THAT??? No meat, no plants... did you eat rock dust or something construed in some factory that didn't have anything in it but chemicals?

No, it was prepared by some Hare Krishna's and it did contain plant material such as leaves, but no plant had to die to make it. No roots, nuts, seeds, animal products, etc. It was basically just leafy stuff and leafy herbs. It was very similar to authentic Indian food, except sans the roots, meats, and dairy products.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

But, it is a conscious decision to live our life in a manner that either contributes to the problems or does not contribute to the problems. I am ashamed to say, I still eat at corporate restaurants sometimes, when I could easily eat at local mom and pop places instead. I still shop at Walmart and Dollar General sometimes, when instead I could shop at local farmer's markets, grocery co-ops, and mom and pop retailers. I still use poisons around my house for pest control. I still drive my car and dusk and dawn when the bugs are out in mass and I will knowingly kill thousand of them on each trip.

So, even though it isn't as direct as walking out and squashing an ant with my finger and watching it die, it is still a conscious decision to ignore the damage I am causing.

And, for the record, have you ever watched a poisoned ant die? It is a horrible thing. They actually kneel and pray as they die. Sure, it is probably a coincidence, but they lower their hind portions, raise their frong portion, and put their front legs together and look skyward. It is really a terrible thing to watch, even though it is just an ant.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I ratted out my best fried to his mom that he was doing coke with a drug dealer and some hookers. He was pissed off at me for years but one day called me to thank me and we still talk to this day.

I grew up with him when we were babies.

He started hanging out with the druggie crowd and started looking all messed up and falling apart. One day his mother came to me and asked me why we did not hang out anymore as we were best friends.

I told her that I did not want to be a drug addict and get aids from hookers.

She almost hit the floor.

I told her I tried everything to get him to stop. But he liked getting high to much.

So I told him it was me or the drugs. He chose drugs.

His mom knew the guys house and went there to go get him. His life changed tfor the good so I guess I saved a life.

Some of my other child hood frieds were not so lucky.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We also need to consider, because we do need to eat, and I envision protein growing without consciousness in high tab lab factories. With our higher technology, and the hidden clean energy, I want it used in the right way, as advanced positive civilizations do.

However the ongoing tests that have been done, hooking up plants and even our cells and unfertilized eggs show awareness, interconnection, a response to pain and able to read the energy fields all around them, that all of life is connected to.

I've just ordered the Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock, and am listening to the audio currently with my son, and its siting experiment after experiment, some of which I've already heard of.

Its not just about cessation of eating meat. For the human body, including enamel of our teeth, needs some nutrients that are mainly in liver for example. We need the fatty soluable vitamins, such as E, A, D, and we really need the raw, natural milk and milk products, they're rich in these, if you are trying to be vegan.

All life experiences trauma and fear over being eaten, even a plant spikes up the field and its picked by everything all around it.

Yet the studies done where someone prays and gives thanks and gratitude for the gifts they are partaking, also has been studied. At least with the non animal lifeforms, the charts were calm.

We should be very grateful, and appreciative and live as lightly as we can on this earth.

Also pay attention, how many of us pay attention to whats around us. To the trees, the sentinels watching over.

In fact, was just glimpsing them out the window and began thinking of my experience with nature, with the trees, it was a non drug induced shaman trip, natural one, where I was taken into their realm when trying to meditate or go to sleep, after having spent time veiwing nature pictures, and noticing the look of life forms in the trees, and had this gift sometimes I get fire off, its the psi where you smell things, all the scents come to you.

I suddenly had stepped into the pictures, that location, with all the scents of being there. And could feel the sap rising in a young tree, how vigorous he, for he was male, felt, yet there was this other feeling foreign to me, but almost repose/peace/cathedral feeling, combined with health, vigor. It was after this I lay down ,and was pulled into their world, and the fractals got faster and faster.

So just now was asking, if we have so many guardians around us, nature, trees, dolphins, whales, and others just waiting for us to wake up and join them, why are we taking so long?

Surely with so much around us, it would go faster?

And then a minute or so later this, felt like a mind met mine, gentle and wise, and said. "How many, slow down and notice what is around them. How many take the time to observe and feel their environments, stop rushing around in stress?
edit on 22-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join