It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am an animal lover, but I love people more. Animal testing has always gotten to me. Especially chimps. However, now that I have kids if one of them were suffering through cancer and chemo... I honestly think I would personally kill every last living ape on the planet to save them. So, while I do not enjoy the fact that animal testing is necessary...I can live with it, because it is saving lives. Now the cosmetic end of it??? Crazy and cruel with no purpose. There is nothing I can do about it though, so instead I focus on what I CAN control.

I have saved the lives of animals and I have also taken them. I hate butchering animals, I mean really HATE IT... but at least I know they had a nice life on my farm until the day of their death, they knew kindness and also had much longer lives than any factory animal can boast of. Meanwhile my kids are learning not to waste, because they are very aware of the price that is paid for every meal that hits our table. I hope this translates into them being environmentally concious consumers of humanely raised and prepared products themselves as adults.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

.I like to think that I'm promoting life and trying to respect all
Thank you for your thoughts,Yes you are protecting life as long as you are thinking positive,and you are.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Thank you, Diamondsmith.

It is important to keep in touch with family.
This was really a good topic.
It brings out the good and not so good in the minds and hearts of the people that post here on ATS.
Another good thread to see the diversity of the ATS thought processes.

Keep up the good threads,
73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, I have saved a few lives. I've talked people out of suicide, called 911 on a neighbor that likely would have beat his girlfriend to death, and saved people from accidents, and yes, I've also saved a few ants from drowning.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i go out of my way to save lives, whether it's bugs in my pool or the ones i can save in my house or even on the job. i do take a lot of lives also, since i'm a pest control guy, but i do care. i have purposely left many bee hives alone along with ant colony's and such that were in no way going to be a problem for my customers. i care, i think that's what matters.
sorry again I did misunderstood

How many burgers, chicken nuggets, steaks, and other meals have you chowed down lately?
If you're a vegetarian, how many bugs are killed via related pesticides do ya think?
That gnat that just bit you, did you simply say "oh by gosh that darn thing" and let it fly away, or did you instinctively smash it into a bloody pulp? How about that leather belt holding up your pants? Leather shoes, wallet, jacket?

If you save a spider while scarfing down a meat-lovers pizza, you are a hypocrite.

sorry again I did misunderstood,In order to show that my question in the op is related to ants as humans at the scale of the Universe I will complete that answer who has upset you,

My question has a lot of other meanings more from the philosophically point and real,related to us as individuals.

"Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so..."

Will you save the life of a human as we are like ants on this planet at the scale of the Universe?

That it's what I mean to say in order to show that I understand that a job is a job.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

How do you know we are the only creatures with awareness?

We could find out tomorrow, that all other animals here are just like us, only they are limited by their communication abilities.

Or that, they are more evolved...
Because we rule then and have them at our disposal to decide their faith.

Decide thier faith?

WOW
It happens,as Decide " thier" faith?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

last but not least I saved my baby grandaughter's life when she stopped breathing after an allergic reaction to baby formula during the transition from breast to bottle (scared the beejeebuz out of me but kept my cool and kept her alive until the ambulance arrived ... she's fine now)
Thank you woodwytch for your thoughts and story ,Angels are the most important thing for us because children are Angels.

edit on 23-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

Where does LIFE come from?, and go to?
Good question.

The answer I gave it in another thread.

And if the LIFE force is a continuum that passes from entity to entity, haven't We all been everything at some point?
That is another theory of life and death which I have not approached it yet.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What does Life mean to you...conscious life!

I never take the life of an ant in my...conscious life.

Someone said once "Save a life, save a whole world"

But you?..it can be worth more than we imagine.

Although today the killing has become a way of life.

Maybe humans are unconscious when they take another life..

Life.Why we do not give it the real value!

How can be worth a life, how life is worth to you.

In industrial nations, the justice system considers a human life "priceless" thus illegalized any form of slavery; i.e., humans cannot be bought for any price.
However, with a limited supply of resources or infrastructural capital (e.g. ambulances), or skill at hand, it is impossible to save every life, so some trade-off must be made.
Also, this argumentation neglects the statistical context of the term. It is not commonly attached to lives of individuals or used to compare the value of one person's life relative to another person's.
It is mainly used in circumstances of saving lives as opposed to taking lives or "producing" lives.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Who give us the right to take another life!No one.Ever.

And we must never forget that,.the evil that we do to others it can turn against us, or not, depends on the history of our pre-

Layering of history is like layers of coal can lead to a certain self-ignition when the conditions are met.

Did you save a life in your life?

No?I thought so!

I'm sure I've killed countless ants in my day to day travels. I also stepped on an earth worm the other day, took me a while to clean the bottom of my shoe.

But kidding aside, I like your post -- life is worth much more than it seems to be these days; we seem to be incrementally more desensitized to suffering and loss of life, any life.

And as a side note, having studied a few different religions, but not being religious myself -- I remember the quote you listed "Save a life, save a whole world". It comes from the Muslim book, the Qur'an. I always remembered those lines after I read that book:

"If you save a life, it's as if you've saved an entire world. If you take a life, it's as if you've killed an entire world."

If only people of all religious walks would take the time to actually READ the books they believe in, perhaps this world would be a tad more peaceful.

Khar

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

reply to post by Yosemite Sam

If I may, can you please tell us what you eat?
What all the normal people eat ,different types of meat and vegetables prepared in different ways,eat at different restaurants,all types of normal prepared food.

So, by inference aren't you participating in the killing of cows, chickens, pigs, lambs, fish, etc.?
Still another trap to mystify my words.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

"If you save a life, it's as if you've saved an entire world. If you take a life, it's as if you've killed an entire world."
Thank you Khar for your thoughts,I think what you have stated is true "If you take a life, it's as if you've killed an entire world." because of the suffering of the person who dies as for her the whole world is dying as she is no more among us.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Thank you Khar for your thoughts,I think what you have stated is true "If you take a life, it's as if you've killed an entire world." because of the suffering of the person who dies as for her the whole world is dying as she is no more among us.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I try not to step on ants.

Definitely saved a couple of people's lives though.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

called 911 on a neighbor that likely would have beat his girlfriend to death,
To be very honest I am too against any form of violence,Ever.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

To be very honest I am too against any form of violence,Ever.

Well, I don't deny, it's a tricky one.
'Thou shall not kill' is actually 'murder' (if people are choosing to apropriate a Golden Rule).
Having said that, 'There is a time for everything under the sun: A time for war, a time for peace.'

Are some things worth dying for? Or alternatively, are some things worth taking another life for?
I have a huge respect for pacifists.
BUT
What would've happened if the whole world threw up its arms in surrender as Hitler knocked on their door and dutifully obeyed him in a subservient way? What if everyone refused to fight such a tyranny?
I would argue that such a mentality doesn't work in the face of such idealogies.
From their point of view 'Hey, less of MY people killed in the process of owning the everything else I was aiming for'.
I'm all for turning the other cheek.
Just hard to know WHEN and WHERE. TIME and PLACE for everything

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I once saved my neighbour's life, Attempted suicide, I stopped her from doing what she was doing and phoned the ambulance...

I also can not stand any kind of creepy Crawley, But I don't kill them, If there in my house (ie: spiders/woodlouse ants) I get my son to put them outside, And if he's at school I will cover them with a plastic bowel I have till he gets home.

When I was younger I killed a spider with my shoe and felt so guilty after it was unbelievable, Never could do it again!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I frequently save lives. I take bugs back outside. Fish them out of puddles when I'm already out, I take worms off the sidewalk and put them back in the grass so they won't dry out. As far as humans, I'm a paramedic and in my career I've saved hundreds if not thousands of human lives. I agree that we all should and could do more. All life is important, you never know when saving someone or something could make a difference.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I was working my radar position on Saturday afternoon and called traffic for an aircraft departing a runway. Once he got up and leveled out, he called me back and said that without that traffic call I made, he would have hit the other aircraft and crashed... It felt like all my training had led me to that one single point in time so I could be in that seat, and call that traffic, and save those lives.
P.S. I've killed more than few ants too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As a lifeguard and a technical diving instructor I've saved a few : 3 while drowning in the pool and 5 while diving and it's not something I think about or want rewarding for it was something that had to be done because I've seen it go the otherway and it's not nice.

Shift

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
actually i did save a life, a found a young boy hanging himself and got the noose of his neck and took him home to his dad, if i didnt walk the different way home that day i would not have found him and he would be dead. he was 12 or 13 years old

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join