Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I eradicate asian stink bugs, mustard weed, and the Japanese rose. I used to spend hours pulling and sawing down the climbing rose. The stink bugs I vaccuum up and spray with bug spray.

Why? They are highly invasive species that will quickly choke out and kill the native species, upsetting the ecology.

This isn't a snuggly mountain soft spring smelling world. Even nature kills off what needs to be so the right creature can surive.

The Japanese rose, while a very pretty little white flower, is already chocking out the raspberry and blackberry plants, eliminating a food source for birds.

Why is it here? Humans of coures. Becuase it is hardy and grows quickly so they used it in landscaping and it got away. But it doesn't belong.

As for no one has the right to kill anything ever? Your wrong there. My job is to protect my child and keep myself around as long as possible to raise him. If someone wanted to seriously threaten my child, I will seriously hurt them.

Now for the creatures that do belong here, I help turtles cross the road, I save bugs, I will run a praying mantis to a safe spot so they don't get squished.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

As for no one has the right to kill anything ever? Your wrong there
As the title of the thread say "Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so.." Killing is one saving is other.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have to agree with a lot of the posters here, not everyone just kills things without a thought.

I never kill anything on purpose, not an annoying fly or a scary spider. I used to fish but cant anymore because I feel too guilty.

i stop my children from killing insects as well and try to teach them that everything is alive and has feelings...

I have an air rifle, spear gun and fishing kit but cant use any of it... I have made a personal rule a long time ago to not kill anything unless i am starving to death and have to kill something to eat it and stay alive. Even then I would find it hard.

Have more faith in human nature

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
forgot to say, I save small animals a fair bit having cats and wrestling small birds, rabbits and squirrels from them.

I think I may have saved someones life once but it's hard to say... I'll elaborate for the purpose of this thread.

I was living in a house with 4 friends, we had a party, it was a big one that went on, anyway at about 6am i went to go to bed as i was the only one still up. Everyone else had gone to bed hours before and I had just kicked the last person out. As i went upstairs I found a room at the top of the stairs was on fore, and when I sy on fire I mean really burning, thick black smoke through both upstairs floors, in all the rooms. I went from being a little worse for ware to being totally awake and with it. I went room to room waking everyone up, turned off the gas and electricity and called the fire bregade. I had to really shake a few people to get them up and drag them out of their rooms. I also had to be really quick because the room that was burning was at the top of the stairs and in danger of trapping eveyone upstairs. It was very full on and the house was pretty much gutted but everyone got out ok.

not sure if i saved a life or not because they might have woken up... does that count?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

not sure if i saved a life or not because they might have woken up... does that count?
For sure you did,sometimes seconds make the difference between life and death,the seconds before going asleep.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
from the age of 19, i have been a lacto-ova vegetarian. i figured over the last twenty years i have saved at least a steer or two, and countless numbers of chicken, shrimp, lobsters, and clams. In my early years of religious study i learned that THOU SHALL NOT KILL. when i found buddhism and parts of hinduism they took it one step further and they offer respect to all living beings, not just humans.

since my adoption of buddhism as a youth, i try to respect the life of all living things- plants, insects, to animal. If i kill anything a say a prayer for them, and ask for my forgiveness. For example, recently i had to kill a mouse that invaded our house in the winter. I only did so after, failed attempts to catch it in a live trap. it was too smart for the big metal contraption. It was so smart it took the peanut butter off of 4-5 traps before one finally sprung. If it wasn't for my girlfriend, and the fact that we have Hunta virus in colorado, and it was crawling on our counters, it would still be alive. I would have devoted more time to catching and releasing it. Though i may try to live in my best Buddha nature or Christ like as able, i am a flawed human, and am not perfect. May i have forgiveness for my transgressions.

personally i feel that one will not truly progress spiritually until someone can respect the lives of others equal or above their own.

how dare these war mongers fight wars, support wars, and kill in the name of their religion. Shame on all of these so called Christians ruling our world! Shame on people creating and supporting War for peace! May they meet all of their fears in the Bardos to come.

Peace love and light and blessings to all.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am so overwhelmed by the sanctity of life that is is almost a mental problem. My heart will break if I am washing the floor and accidentally wipe up an earwig into the mop. An earwig, for pete's sake. I cannot stand to think about killing the creatures of the Earth. If I hear them cutting down trees outside, I have to shut the doors and windows because it literally HURTS.
It is so bad, that I actually have acute anthropomorphism. I feel sorry for inanimate objects and it looks as if I passed it on to the kids. We will be in the store and my 5 year old son will see a product on the floor. He will put it back on the shelf so it can "be with its friends".
I like to think there is a purpose for people like me..the ones that are so sensitive that they can see life in everything around them. Maybe one day I will figure out why.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've saveed a few animals in my time !
I also think I have saved my friends life once , not through
direct physical action but through mental help

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
heres an interesting one... well interesting for me anyway... My son is 3. He doesn't really like eating meat, never has. No explanation just doesn't like it... apart from sausages and bacon that is. Anyway he recently figured out that sausages are made from pig, as is bacon.

He turned to me at dinner and said "is sausage made from pig?... is bacon made from pig... does all meat come from animals?" to which I answer yes, yes and yes. He sits there quietly for a minute or so looking at the bit of sausage on the end of his fork then turns to me and sais "So you kill the animal to eat it?...I don't want to eat animal, I like animal". And he hasn't eaten any meat since.

I thought this was amazing! he's 3 and capable of making that decision all n his own! I was so proud

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I don't want to read through yet another insulting thread [to my intelligence that is].
Let me tell you that I have saved thousands of animals lives, from the littlest and ugliest [even though in my mind they are all amazing] to the large. I generally kill nothing, not even a fly. Everything I can bring outside I will. I have nursed wasps back to health with sugar water and saved hornets the same way. I held the hand of my dear little rat when she died after I had nursed her for weeks. If I accidentally kill and animal I apologise to them. If it is bigger such as a rabbit I hit by car, I have cried my eyes out and was inconsolable. Don't you dare OP to insult me by saying "thought so" at the end of yet another smug, useless and generalised original post.
I have probably saved more lives than you ever will. This includes the life of a toddler I saved from drowning and other people I saved from accidents,and you sir have just insulted me. Please don't even bother replying to this as I have no interest whatsoever in anything you ever say.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Its nearly impossible to not take a life you do realize this right. Since bacteria are considered to be a form a life, we technically kill bacteria everyday in our bodies. The cells that make up your body kill them, plus other cells that make you up commit phagocytosis or cell-eating. Basically they commit cannibalism inside you, this is a nice attempt to make others aware of their decisions to kill in life. However, killing is an unstoppable part of nature and life.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Viruses aren't considered alive feel free to destroy at will. A virus is not considered by modern science, it does not require nutrients, it only exists to implant it's DNA.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

killing is an unstoppable part of nature and life.
As saving lives should be a part of our nature.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have saved many ants from drowning, a squirrel with a broken leg and a friend from drowning and many other insects.

But if I see insects or spiders inside my house, well it's my turf . The lucky ones get thrown outside but most get squished. Although, I try my best to not kill them outside.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't know if this counts, but when my boyfriend harvests a nice deer, I help process and "save" the meat.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

how dare these war mongers fight wars, support wars, and kill in the name of their religion. Shame on all of these so called Christians ruling our world! Shame on people creating and supporting War for peace! May they meet all of their fears in the Bardos to come.
I'd try a guess that these days wars are supported in the interest of something else I don't know how to call it,regional-economic-financial...interest?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I rescued a baby squirel a few months ago which I thought was dead at first. I was working on a house and saw him under a tree then it started to move. I try to save some bugs ,wasps not so much especially when they attack me when working on houses. I had to kill a rat that got in my kitchen and the funny thing was when I went in my shed right after I stood on my rake and it hit me on the head ..karma is a bitch sometimes lol ...I have had to use my first aid /cpr on two people. one was a neighbour down the hall when I live in the not so good area of town. She OD on heroin the lungs relax so much they cant breathe. The other an old lady fell off the steps of a bus and hurt her head and was bleeding really badly. I was glad someone else had a higher first aid ticket than me to help me.
Sure life is precious but sometimes things happen like the rat getting in to my kitchen if it didnt get in I wouldn't have to kill it but the main thing is not to be cruel on purpose and go out and look for things to kill. Isn't that the makings of a serial killer. Then again hunting to eat kind of throughs that out the _.When the SHTF we might have to might have to hunt . I am going to be screwed I am a city boy....also the package meat we see in the shops takes the ugly part out of sight ...the documentary ..earthlings. I had to turn it off because it was making me sick

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've always thought about that. Like when a murderer is sentenced to death, the judge is doing the same thing to the defendant that he is being punished for. The murderer never had the right to take that persons life, but that doesn't mean the judge gets the right to take his life because after all, it is he who is ruling so it is the same concept. No one regardless the reason being, has the right to take another life.

I always take the spiders outside rather than squashing them, I can never get around the thought of ending any creature's life. Embrace every life.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
I don't know if this counts, but when my boyfriend harvests a nice deer, I help process and "save" the meat.
When there is hunger that is ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join