It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you save a life in your life?..At least the Life of an Ant! No? I thought so...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I saved a blue tit once. It flew into my window, so I put it in a box , gave it some water and then it flew off. It visited me a few days later perched on my window sill. However when I was younger I was once cruel to a couple of bungee jumping frogs.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

I know a person with almost the same story,but he is ok now,I am glad that your mother is ok too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I have to repeat this, philosophically referring to ants as humans by comparison.

edit on 22-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: s

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I'm curious. How far do you carry this? Every time you bathe or shower you kill parasites on your body. Does it go to that level?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I kill anything I can.

The largest creature I've killed was an adult goat.
It's important to experience death.

There's a large pig in the local farm I'm gonna have a go
At the weekend.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I had a cat once that wore a collar and I hung him on a dresser door knob and watched him hang for a minute, but then I thought "this wasn't right", so I got him down, thus saving his life. I'll have to tell you, it felt pretty good saving a life...I felt a bit like a hero. Before I toot my horn too much about my generosity and selfless nature, I was feeding it about six months later with a rubber eye dropper filled with milk and he drowned to death in my arms. I would've felt bad about it, but he DID owe me his life for saving him.....so we're even.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Who give us the right to take another life!No one.Ever. And we must never forget that,.the evil that we do to others it can turn against us, or not, depends on the history of our pre- Layering of history is like layers of coal can lead to a certain self-ignition when the conditions are met. Did you save a life in your life? No?I thought so!

The right to take life is a personal decision, based upon the desire, ability and motivation to take life.
Who gave me the right?!? Do I need the consent of another person to justify anything I do?
(Think about that).
Did I save a life in my life?
Yes, once. On a train going through Austria. There was a horrific crash, and I managed to prevent a small child next to me from being projected through the train carriage window and into the bough of nearby Oak tree which would've certainly killed him.
He thanked me. I asked him his name and he said, 'Adolf Hitler'.
(metaphor and intent aside,)
Your point, sir?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

I kill anything I can.

The largest creature I've killed was an adult goat.

It's important to experience death.

Each is created with a purpose

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

And we must never forget that,.the evil that we do to others it can turn against us

The random acts of kindness that we do to others...they also can turn against us.
Life, living and subsecquent actions are a risk/gamble.
Find a faith/purpose/reason and play on...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com

3 quick stories op

I killed about 300 flies last summer in one day speeding home to meet my mates in the bar on a friday afternoon, noticed the grill on the front of my car and it was covered didn't feel one bit of pity ....sorry

Watch a large beetle in kenya commit suicide, had a small fire goin on in the bush and watche this fellow run a good few metres until he hit the flame, fried my head thinkin wat he was thinkin ....sorry

Saved an afghan civilians life in which he replied me with bags of fresh bread after his return from kandahar hospital.....lovly bread

I'm goin to animal hell no doubt or that beetle was me next time around

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Every time you bathe or shower you kill parasites on your body.

Does it go to that level?
Hard question.

Ask the planet Earth,I think sometimes we are also like parasites for her.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I saved my own life on countless occasions, does it count?

link   

reply to post by jgarcya

Intention to do good and respect all life rules my character and my actions. I find it very curious that we are unable to survive a life without taking another in some way? Have we ever met someone that has not killed anything directly or indirectly?
Intentional good can be sometimes worse then accidentally bad.

I don't agree with this. Many write this, as if its all meant to be randomly springing up from within ourselves. But we're here as a team and we do come in to nudge each other, and have Family above waking us up as well. Its as if, if you don't start to seek and reach for the next level or platform, you don't get the answers handed to you, but once you nudge the door open on the next platform of thought or realization and seek, answers are forthcoming.

It is by our intention and beliefs and faith and gratitude that we also move through life,especially as we become aware and if we have always experienced Providence.

Also every generation is not only standing on the knowledge of the previous, but as the studies in the Field have shown, that new information is seeded, for us to learn, ie, that one scientist doesn't make a discovery alone, but that at that time, many from around the world, disconnected invent the new item.

And yet this is not related to the new knowledge being seeded into the field on certain dates as much as its related to the student being ready for the next level.

They've done studies where if a group has learnt something. Then a while later study a group that doesnt know this, they learn way faster. Because there is a natural telepathy and connection to the Field around us, though we could argue in silly ways about if we're One mind, or Infinite Ones interconneted, as I believe, it all comes down to, we're not going to be disappointed so shouldn't worry about that.

The main thing is that we can intend to do something without feeling for it. And often have to do something, nudge or force a behavior change, and try it in little bits, without feeling an emotion, until we can start to grow in this area and have feedback.

We're interconnected beings, so the idea that we should also have no reward is also just a dry teaching to me, for we should not seek tangible rewards, but as we relate to each other, joys will be shared and we are still rewarded. Its a win/win for one and all, if people look within and start to find the peace and wholeness, love and joy in self, it is then also reflected in the world.

But also, as they start to practice something new, like riding a bike, because they believe in their heart its right, and fall off, but keep trying, it also becomes more real in self and reflected in the world.

I see it all as team work. And intent is really living consciously and this is how it should be.

link   

'Her'?
You put anthropomorphic inclinations upon the planet I live in.
What do you know that I don't?

Respectfully,
Lucius D

link   

LOL this reminded me of my Dad asking, "What would it be like if an Ant made the sound of an Elephant when we stepped on them?"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wizard88

Saved an afghan civilians life in which he replied me with bags of fresh bread after his return from kandahar hospital.....lovly bread
Yes lovely bread,worth more then Gold sometimes.

link   

reply to post by Blaine91555

Every time you bathe or shower you kill parasites on your body.

Does it go to that level?
Hard question.

Well if we carelessly kill parasites on our body without a second thought, and the earth thinks of us as parasites, It's a no-brainer what she intends to do with us despite how we act. I think it would be a good idea to attack and go to war with mother earth, a preliminary strike if you will. If we destroy her first then we will become the victors and reign supreme.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

link   

LOL this reminded me of my Dad asking, "What would it be like if an Ant made the sound of an Elephant when we stepped on them?"
reply to post by azureskys

Yeah,
What do you do if you see an endangered species animal eating an endangered species plant?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

I love how people assume that every 18 or 20 or 22 year old that joins the military is completely cognizant of the true motives of our government. I love how people assume that everyone in the military has killed in war (or even deployed, as I have never done either). Oh if only we were all born with the knowledge that permeates this website and others like it. It must be impossible to imagine that someone would join the military still under the ruse of "defending this great nation" and then, upon the realization of the truth, separate from the military. I spent my last, almost, 2 years doing my best to expose the hidden agenda's of our country's, and the world's leaders. I also love how people assume that the military is filled with blood hungry heathens who are super excited at the thought of going to war. Most of us, that I've met in 6 yrs anyways, join because it's one of our last obvious options, unaware, and desirous to provide for our family. Within 2 yrs, most that I've met, would rather do ANYTHING else. But, you won't hurt my feelings if you continue to do absolutely nothing to change these things other than complain and point fingers at people you know nothing about who are in, or have been in, situations you've never experienced.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
when a mosquito bites you what do you do?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join