It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Of You Will Not Believe Some Of The Things Americans Are Doing Just To Survive

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Must be an Ohio thing lol.. I grew up between Dayton and Springfield Ohio. One's a crime ridden dumb, the other a post industrial ghost town. But drive into Columbus and it's entirely different.

I'd say too that in all the places I've been and lived that the places the OP have been are horrible horrible horrible representations of what America is really like.. I mean hell you want poverty and ram-shack towns just travel along the Ohio River and into West Virginia. But you never hear anything about that.. you only hear about big city folk and the Mexicans we are supposed to feed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
Medications... why do people need them...you surely jest... you must be kidding...

High blood pressure

Heart Disease

Cancer

Asthma

But to name a few of the hundreds of ailments afflicting human beings which require medical treatment and medications to live.

Apparently you don't read the internet, obviously .

Easy research... check the NIH... the CDC... Mayo Clinic.... The Cleveland Clinic... The Barrow Clinic... your doctor...

If you become afflicted with such a disease, you cannot fix it by walking, eating right, exercising or even prayer. These activities can make your body more healthy, but none CAN FIX IT or repair damage.

edit on 17-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Add material

NO

You have been sold a giant bag of Poo buy a profit making Industry just like all the other crap we make our money on

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Americans are broke and living on the streets, simply because: THEY WERE FOOLISH WITH THEIR EARNINGS. Stop BLAMING everyone and stop looking for handouts. The "American people" have NO ONE to blame....but themselves.

Maybe, if they had INVESTED their earnings, in a home BUSINESS, for example....stopped piling up credit, like dirty laundry....and stopped trying to live the high life, with the latest gizmos and gadgets or SUV; they wouldn't be in the situation they're in? The only thing i feel SORRY about....is they were STUPID enough to get SCAMMED.

Really, who's to blame? Them or Y.O.U.???? Does the government have the RESPONSIBILITY to wipe your but, and burp you? GROW UP, ALREADY!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The American dream died the minute Bush was elected as POTUS

Bush was small potatoes. The American dream died the minute Woodrow Wilson was elected as POTUS. Too bad Obama chooses to continue funding war, and giving other countries our money to be prosperous rather than help Americans.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan
reply to post by lordnightstalker

Ok didnt want to go there. But people do get old ya know. High blood pressure & COPD.

I need a car & truck because I dont live in the city and Iam self employed for 30 years now.

I have a mortgage because it was cheaper than a four bedroom apartment (house) to rent so I could raise my kids. True mortgages do last longer than 18 years, but real estate used to be the best investment you could make before the banksters screwed us all just a few years back. Oh yeah less than a thousand bucks a month including school and local taxes that have surged in the past couple of years.

Ive never been one to visit the doctor unless I thought I might die so antibiotics ...hardly ever vacinations only the one that were forced on me like in childhood and the army. Never needed more excercise because I worked hard.

Not sure what you meen by wanting NOW. How about, Ive paid in since I was a working kid in 1970's and now I could use some back.

You sound kinda young how old are you? Do you have a family to raise in you $500 apartment with no car ?

Have you seen what happened to people who had investments since 2001?

Or did you mean I should invest in CD's at 1% intrest?

I am actually in my 40's have several kids and I pay 800 not 500 but went very rural to have the extra space

You sir at the age i'd guesstimate did get royally screwed

My main point here is that we were all duped, if I feel for anyone I feel for those older than myself who were "led to believe"

I'd say your pre internet and came at least at one point to trust the media, grew up when this was unthinkable looking out your window

and no sir, I am not coming down on you, you did as did many of us get screwed, royally

I will say only this... Never again should we allow ourselves to forget how frail things are, I was around pre internet myself no one ever actually addressed what could be, but for all of human history we operated as if things are frail, except for...a few short decades in the west, today we are more keenly aware that with all our power a single rock from space can stone age us for centuries because information travels at the speed of light

for a small time we were adolescent and made big personal mistakes

In no other time in history could you have duped people into a mortgage system by which they loose everything if there is an economic downturn, convince people to rely on factory supplied meds to stay alive rather than address their health naturally etc, etc

All I am saying is we need to SHIFT quickly back to the way we lived for millenia, as if life is precious and no one is coming to help

I realize at your age you in the "that's god damn effin difficult" boat, I don't find it easy myself and i'm healthy as horse and 10 years younger than my actual age and it sucks

But i'll say this as this happens even if we pull out of this, even if it returns to a "semblance of normal"

I will Never trust any system ever, I will as money allows defend my health but I will never take any medication to treat any thing beyond anti biotics and aspirin, I am careful as hell, I eat like a nutrition expert, I guard this body like a temple because I know they will enslave me to the $ if I don't, i'd give up in a heart beat any material possession if maintaining it causes me stress, I'll never be on high blood pressure meds, I'd rather live by the lake in a tent and mediate all day a not give a crap about these things than ruin my health or be held financially hostage to it

I will never have a mortgage, I rather buy a 10 G parcel with a well and live in an old RV while I build a place from scratch like we did for the last 7,000 years than buy into some bank and poverty doesn't suck when you can raise chickens and grow tomatoes

These are just examples and all examples can be debates

I guess what i'm saying is we were ALL bought and sold by the PROMISE of security, even now you say 1/4 of your income goes to your blood pressure meds... a promise of security yet again, it's a waste my friend, STRESS is the cause of almost all ailments we describe and treat

when a person is told they have Cancer for example within the hour their immune system typically drops 80%, so where their body had a chance before diagnosis of maybe fending it off the minute you get diagnosed that cortisol assures your doomed most of the time

All i'm saying is, that 1/4 of your income wont protect you from a heart attack if you've been instilled with the fear your going to have one, meditation works better to calm the mind and body and by taking those meds to control your almost guaranteed to have HBP for the rest of your life because your body and lifestyle aren't coping with it a drug is

We have been sold a bag of poop

The only real answer is to revert our behavior

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

i'm now busy working on an overseas internship in the US.

Hey OP, here is your PROOF LIAR!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

this LIAR forgot to finish his sentence

working on GETTING.

but now i did it again.

i responded again.
this really WILL be my last response to you.

goodbye

ETA:

working on as in the process of getting

edit on 17-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hey it must be an Ohio thing!

Brother's from a world class state like Ohio recognize!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Americans are broke and living on the streets, simply because: THEY WERE FOOLISH WITH THEIR EARNINGS. Stop BLAMING everyone and stop looking for handouts. The "American people" have NO ONE to blame....but themselves.

Maybe, if they had INVESTED their earnings, in a home BUSINESS, for example....stopped piling up credit, like dirty laundry....and stopped trying to live the high life, with the latest gizmos and gadgets or SUV; they wouldn't be in the situation they're in? The only thing i feel SORRY about....is they were STUPID enough to get SCAMMED.

Really, who's to blame? Them or Y.O.U.???? Does the government have the RESPONSIBILITY to wipe your but, and burp you? GROW UP, ALREADY!!!!!!

Truth

It is hard to swallow, it sounds mean but it is not, the govt should be helping more because... it's like suddenly coming off drugs and many have no way to adapt so quickly

but you are correct, we all were scammed, most of this isn't even real it's global nonsense to bring American consumption in line with the rest of the world to be real about the whole thing.

The Govt isn't your friend, we always knew that but we were duped over a few decades, now it's time to get back to our roots and do things differently there is no use crying about it, my life sucks too lol, but in a way it's better this way, I am becoming a better more stable more efficient person, poverty will kill you or build you and it's a choice, working for myself, building my own home,eating less, partying less indulging less, having to care for others where no one else can... I can't lie, it's giving me my self esteem back, relying on anyone sucks, it's emasculating when the bank owns your home there is always an underlying insecurity, the doctors filled me with FEAR taking care of myself is empowering

we may have been given a gift through all this for those who recognize it, we had become... weak

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Finishing my sentence? You finished it alright...along with any and all credibility.

Here is a helpful ENGLISH tip for you....ANYTIME you put a PERIOD at the end of a sentence it is COMPLETE.

How in the world are you traveling to the US and DO NOT bring with you the etiquette of AT LEAST knowing BASIC ENGLISH?

You need to stop traveling and WORK ON YOUR ENGLISH....seriously!

edit on 17-2-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Finishing my sentence? You finished it alright...along with any and all credibility.

perfect, so i don´t need to worry about you visiting my threads anymore?

How in the world are you traveling to the US and DO NOT bring with you the etiquette of AT LEAST knowing BASIC ENGLISH?

offtopic bashing just to make a point.

no response warranted.

You need to stop traveling and WORK ON YOUR ENGLISH....seriously!

i get around just fine with my english, thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes, this is sad. S & F for raising awareness.

And, yes, we need to do something about the disparity in wealth in this country.

Top 1% own 50% of this (used to be great) country's wealth. Bottom 50% have 2%.
[Read that, again (let it sink in)]

Keep in mind folks, this is all a result of another big wig agenda: the systematic dumbing down of America(ns).

All of this is a indicator (and result) of this fact:
- a generation ago, the U.S. was #1 in college graduates, today we are 16th.

(to all the people in the 'you don't need a piece of paper to be educated/intelligent' camp - I agree with you. But, it IS an indicator, overall)

- and, it's not a matter of just dropping, we have flatlined, letting 15 other countries, pass us by.
- there are 2 million jobs out there that cannot be filled because people don't have the educated workforce
- our consumption of goods and services knows no bounds, but our ability to actually produce anything (cheaply) is gone
- 2.5 MIlLLION students are dropping out if high school every year. (there are only so many Wendy's jobs)

Am I saying all poor people are stupid? Of course not. But, we have created a society (and, monetary system - but, that's a whole other can o worms) that cannot possibly continue to exist in its current form(s).

We could educate our way out of this #ty economy, of we wanted to, but we're hamstrung.

The only reason we are still 'the greatest (read, 'wealthiest') nation on the planet' is because we have the baddest ass, and most sophisticated military on the planet - we have so few smart people pursuing higher education (in terms of the sciences(!)), that ALL of our smart kids are lured straight into the military - why? So we can continue to be the bully on the playground, and play that card until we no longer can!

Sad, but it is what it is.

Sorry. Rambling.
edit on 2/17/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join