It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Of You Will Not Believe Some Of The Things Americans Are Doing Just To Survive

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
To my understanding; the dark cabal only care about the physical world and gaining power over it. Their souls are too darken too care for others, they are not empaths, they do not feel sympathy.. very sad that they choose to allow humans to live in such a Hell, we all know we as a race could stop povery, starvation, war and all the nasty things that exist in this World because we allow it too exist.
Why do we choose to elect certain individuals, and trust that they will "save us" ? We can save ourselves, but that takes heart and empowerment which many humans do not have the courage too take on. America is one of many nasty countries with tyranny.. but the most obvious to the World. Americans whine why the world dislikes them so much, but what has America done for the World besides act like the bully in the playground ?

The way I see reality in this world is quite like children in school; governments are just bullies wanting power and make everyone lower then themselves, so they do not have to face the dark flaws which rest inside their clsoed hearts.. very saddening that 300Million Americans dont take actions, just rest on the streets with signs and ask the bullies too "stop" and "change" things.. well there is a handful of bullies and 300Million others watching and losing, yes America you are losing to yourself and there is no blame for the bullies; you are too weak too step up and come together as 300Million to 1, you stand there, complain and live in fear and Hell instead of coming together as 1 of 300 Million.

The people have the power, which they give to the bullies, the bullies use that power and abuse that power. They wont give it back to you if you keep feeding it to them, so stop giving them power? Sure; they have armies and swat, riot control and all that dark defense too hide behind.. but again, you have the numbers against them, you can over-run the bullies only if you wish to be 1 of 300Million and not 300 million individuals

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The American dream died the minute Obama was elected as POTUS.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

I'm glad you have considered the possibilities and have taken measures. Hope you and yours do well.

I have done similar but not as much as I wish I could ...

I really feel this country and our society is in serious decline and I can't help thinking that a greedy mindset by everyone - not just the power elite - is really to blame. Compassion is being lost.

I don't mean that people with means should be handing over money to people who refuse to work.

I mean in the way the mechanic on the corner gets a little extra money from his customers by not being totally honest. They way a chicken food conglomerate works to make their farmers indebted to them. The way a credit card company has the website payment system go down right before the deadline making thousands or tens of thousands late on their payment and incur penalties. A small business owner that tries to get a little extra work from someone off the clock. Its countless the ways in which people and companies are trying to screw other people out of money. Just look at how dishonest nearly all advertising is ...

Greed - Its a disease, like cancer eating out the heart and soul of this country.

I understand completely, but I personally think these things are self correcting. Think back not too far in the past where we use children as slave labor, a worker had no say or unemployment was much much worst. It didn't keep getting worst because people get to the point that they finally say STOP!!!

Banks will be in a world of hurt when "the people" come up with a different place to put their money as in unions, or something new. Companies will suffer when they treat their employees like crap, (like that mechanic will get bad reviews and he will suffer), but there is always a tipping point for these things to happen, but they do and will happen. When we reach that tipping point (like what happen with child labor) things change, but for the vast majority of America they still live too good to care just yet.

With the speed of information today I see self correcting as an even more viable factor. Not long ago things were much easier kept hidden, but today information good or bad spreads like wild fire. Banks, companies, Governments will all feel very quickly the good or bad they do.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Nice
personal attacks ...

And I agree there are enough programs people shouldn't be eating rats ... can't really imagine anyone is who doesn't want to ...

Now - you said that what i said about becoming an entrepreneur when homeless was next to impossible was nonsense, that there were venture capitalists blah blah blah ...

and I said ... that is not a realistic solution for 99.999% of the homeless ... to which you responded by calling me illiterate

I would quote everything from the previous page again to show how ridiculous you are but I think its obvious anyway and not really worth my time ...

whatever ... enjoy your 600 acre retreat

edit on 17-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Agree - hope it comes sooner than later ...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Some families are living in sewers and drain tunnels, some families are living in tents, some families are living in their cars, some families will make ketchup soup for dinner tonight and some families are even eating rats. Some homeless shelters in America are so overloaded that they are actually sending people out to live in the woods.

This is a direct result of depending on the system for everything...

If grocery stores closed down tomorrow, we'd all be living in the streets and woods, because people have forgotten what true self-sufficiency is.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Nice
personal attacks ...

And I agree there are enough programs people shouldn't be eating rats ... can't really imagine anyone is who doesn't want to ...

Now - you said that what i said about becoming an entrepreneur when homeless was next to impossible was nonsense ...

venture capitalists blah blah blah ...

and I said ... that is not a realistic solution for 99.999% of the homeless ... to which you responded by calling me illiterate

WOW!

I never mentioned anything about the homeless becoming entrepreneurs! I guess we can agree to not even communicate. Here we are debating the American homeless and their means of survival and you twist and misconstrue everything that I PLAINLY stated. As for the personal attack I was merely stating factual information of an observation made.

Now 99.999% of the homeless cannot be taken care of solely by humanitarian societies. To expect this to happen is 100% UNREALISTIC. We have had the homeless issue since the birth of our country. That is where home raising of the fortunate comes into play. I was raised on the foundation of EXERCISING Charity towards my neighbors and the homeless....were you?

We as a first-world nation must look after one another but class warfare has middled itself in between us and that primary objective. It is what it is and adults cope and continue to adapt to an ever changing world and its inconvenient social ills. I for one give to charity as much as I possibly can and not the 10% alms but much more to my foundation. Will that feed ALL OF MY fellow starving Americans? it will feed SOME but by the grand plan the majority must starve and suffer.

I am only living here on earth for my prescribed time then I am gone to leave my worldly possessions where they lay.

I do not hold the answers that will cure ALL mankind of OUR problematic issues that have plagued us since we have been here as a species.

I just know that as an AMERICAN I live in a country where rich and poor alike are feed, clothed and sheltered to standards that are above the rest of the world.

That I know!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Glad to hear you did ok for yourself my brother also chose the military instead of the family business. He is doing well also.

in the mid 90's I took over the business when my parents retired. Things were still pretty good and they had made a decent living all thru my childhood and up until then with it.

So I figured I could do the same after all I was as much a part of the thing as they were so it wasnt like I didnt know what I was doing.

I was around 30 then and thought I would work forever just hire more people under me to do the stuff I couldnt handle when I got older. I thought I would pass this to my kids when they were ready.

Big shock in just a few years gas prices doubled and tripled many of our customers closed up and the corporations moved over seas.

That was Ok we tightend our belts and cut down the work force and overhead waiting for the turn around. Guess what it never came, things have only gotten worse mass layoffs now gasoline is about 2.50 more a gallon than back then.

I guess I should have bailed out in 2001 when the stuff really hit the fan but I always thought things would get better.

They havent. now to old to really expect to get a good paying hard work job, they want young people and I cant bust ass like I used too anyway.

But thanks for understanding. I can tell youve been around for a while. Thanks to the other posters to for the kind words.

Peace all. PS I anit giving up.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Nice
personal attacks ...

Now - you said that what i said about becoming an entrepreneur when homeless was next to impossible was nonsense, that there were venture capitalists blah blah blah ...

I would quote everything from the previous page again to show how ridiculous you are but I think its obvious anyway and not really worth my time ...

You are more than welcome to quote ANYTHING I WRITE, for I am sure your time is not worth much more than the wind you bellow. You talk loud and say nothing. LEARN HOW TO COMPREHEND WHAT YOU READ...then get back to me for lesson #2.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Mumbo Jumbo....BIG TIME MUMBO JUMBO!!!!

according to you that is

Hey OP, You may be struggling to survive where ever you rest your head but speak for yourself and not the rest of the 330,000,000+ Americans ok?

i'm not struggling but a lot of US citizens are.
why can't i show this information to fellow ATSers.

got up on the wrong side of bed? jeeezz.

You and this Youtube crazed generation are apparently not attempting to better yourself or your circumstances, but instead are posting nonsensical BS on ATS about how Americans are living. Here is some sage advice for you...GET REAL!

dude seriously..

this doesn't even warrent a response but

you DON'T even know me.

keep your snarky remarks and generalisations to yourself.

You must not have any passion to succeed in life as an American...are you an American?

No i'm not.

Yes this has EVERYTHING to do with your success in America. You must gauge your success by people you see on the regular and not YOURSELF. I eat very well, I live very well and I DO AS I PLEASE. I speak from one perspective...MINE!...and not from the other 330,000,000 American perspectives.

that sir is painfully obvious.

and you're so proud of yourself aren't you?

selffish much?

So right there I know that you are not very intelligent or you would not have posted this BS on ATS. This thread goes hand in hand with another thread I read here on ATS about KOOKS POSTING ON ATS.

i beg to differ.

you're entitled to your opinion though.

People do not believe everything you read or see be it Youtube or whatever. America will be just fine. You must be one of those disinfo agents. Hey OP, this is one sorry excuse of a thread filled with BS from ONE MAN's perspective.

lol @ the disinfo agent comment.

judging from the profile you're more likely to be one.

on man's perspective?

50 million disagree.

People do not believe this OP's post.

yeah people.

you should all believe HIS post.

because it's full of personal opinion and snarky remarks!

very valuable information.

OP you are a LIER on this one

what is a LIER?

(offcourse i know what you friggin meant but it doesn't deserve a response)

now go back to bed and get some sleep.
edit on 17-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Finally got off of incognito mode huh?

What we have here is a NON-AMERICAN writing about what is going on in AMERICA.

Thank you for telling me that your origin of birth and home is NOT AMERICA.

You must get over here and see for yourself instead of looking to Youtube to get your "facts" from.

TRULY LIVING in a Grand English Tudor II mansion in Shaker Heights, Ohio and looking outside my window I see no rats but I do see blue jays, red robins, hummingbirds, geese, ducks, rabbits and the occasional doe by the very beautiful Shaker Lakes.

www.shakerlakes.org...

Ohio is a rural state with the exception of our major metropolitan cities like Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo and Cincinnati so most of our produce is locally grown and trucked in, but I have a nicely tended garden in my backyard.

Sorry about your luck and about you not being here!

edit on 17-2-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

OP... do not listen too the hate and arguments; you did not mean negative by your thread I know this

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I remember when trying to get a job all you did was just fill out an application. Now you need a resume for every job under the sun. Well the last two have been tight. My last job in construction slowed right down to nothing so I had to quit and go back to what I was doing before but winter came an it was unusally low and cold so I was off for two months.I tried to get unemployment I didnt qualify because I quit my last job and plus I didnt have enough hours. This was the first time in twenty years I had to use unemployment insurance and I couldn't get a penny.So all that money I paid in counted for nothing and didnt help me one bit. It is set up that you almost need to be crippled up to get it.

also I dont think the government want you to work that hard. When working over time you get taxed to hell. I worked 140 hours in two weeks to get a job done and basically worked for free for three or four of those days.The J.O.B means just over broke they are not kidding. With houses you pay 3 times for what they are worth when there is no need for that and it is just banks gouging the public. If a charity kid from Africa can live on the price of a cup of coffee a day then why the hell cant prices be lowered so people can afford to live.

With the economy in the toilet and things getting worse and with the people in american prisons doing the manufacturing of goods who is going to be left to buy all these goods. The way things are going it wont be Americans any longer or western world. It will almost be better off to commit a crime which these days most things are getting to be a crime, to get three squares and room and board. Prison block USA

Some say well you voted them in it is your fault. When you were born the system was already set up and you knew no different and you belonged to one party or the other until one day you facepalm yourself and realize you have been duped and have been used as collateral to pay for debt you did not incur. Here I thought I was free. As George Carlin said you have be asleep to believe in the American dream...So now what do we do rebel I mean seriously rebel and get out the guillotine or do we just roll over and say well F*** it I am going to be dead in a few years so smoke up and drink up because the party is going to be over soon.
This is kind of darwinian if you think about the survival of the fitest or strong/rich that take everything and leave the scraps and crumbs for the rest.So much for christian values. Today 2/3 of the world live in poverty is it going to be 3/4 or 7/8 in the near future.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Finally got off of incognito mode huh?

what do you mean finally?

i've never made it a secret i was Dutch.

look at my profile, look at my previous posts for evidence of that.

What we have here is a NON-AMERICAN writing about what is going on in AMERICA.

what we have here is a NON-AMERICAN dissemating information to ATS for fellow ATS'ers to review, mainly aimed at americans yeah.

Thank you for telling me that your origin of birth and home is NOT AMERICA.

no problem but this was never a secret to begin with.

You must get over here and see for yourself instead of looking to Youtube to get your "facts" from.

i've been to the US on three seperate occasions.

i'm now busy working on an overseas internship in the US.

working in healthcare.

Living in a Grand English Tudor II mansion in Shaker Heights, Ohio and looking outside my window I see no rats but I do see blue jays, red robins, hummingbirds, geese, ducks, rabbits and the occasional doe by the very beautiful Shaker Lakes.

glad to know you're doing well.

but how on earth does that mean every human being could do well?

Sorry about you luck and about you not being here!

don't feel sorry or bad!

it's no problem at all.

i probably couldn't stand you for more then 5 minutes anyway.

so i'm glad actually.

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Why are these people eating rats? Why aren't they collecting food stamps and welfare and unemployment and section 8 housing free cell phone service mega tax credits (child tax credits, EIC) TANF Medicaid, too many to list.

List of US Government Funding programs

That only works if your a minority or a female with kids. If your a white male your not getting jack unless you have waited forever, have a computer and a home for them to send anything to. Then you will only get food stamps till your homeless. Then they wait for you to die.

link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by kn0wh0w

OP... do not listen too the hate and arguments; you did not mean negative by your thread I know this

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Homeless man with family: "I need a job to feed my family."
It all Bush's fault I tell ya!!

edit on 17-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Well, I am with you on the finger pointing brother!

The world was Bush whacked and Cheney smacked!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

what we have here is a NON-AMERICAN dissemating information to ATS for fellow ATS'ers to review, mainly aimed at americans yeah.

You are presuming to know American policies or the state of our affairs while being an outsider who is not an American. America's situation (unemployment, poverty etc) is generally no worse than the big Euro powers of France, Britain or Germany. Also it varies widely based on the State you live in .. I'm from a relatively prosperous part of the country, and our regional economy cannot even be compared to the dynamics of say New England, or the Gulf Coast, or the South East, or even California. Where I grew up poverty was a very real issue even in the best of times. But if you drove 100 miles north it was like entering a whole new world.. jobs galore. Living in the USA often requires migration to find jobs.. you live in a place for years and suddenly the jobs vanish .. they often won't come back, you'll need to move somewhere else to find a new one. I had to move out west, 3,000 miles from where I was born.

The video also highlights a very, very specific type of community. Inner city schools are always going to have higher poverty levels, poverty rates explode when you bring in illegal immigrant communities. In my region however you would never find a school where the kids are so poor they go hungry on a large scale basis.. there are so many programs I can't even count them all.

So instead of generalizing the United States as if we are a Nation (which we certainly are not) generalize us as a Country. A Republic. With 50 different economic zones, hundreds of cultures, and thousands of governments. (hence why I feel the video is propaganda.. or at least misinformed and generalized)
edit on 2/17/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi im new to ats and this is my first post on here and i know this is kinda gonna go off topic but did anyone notice anything odd about the youtube video posted at the start of the thread say around 7:46 when the kid is playing with what looks like uno cards but the wild says evil and has a picture of the devil
edit on 17-2-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Ok, may I now ask since you are the OP here.....In what Godforsaken city are you visiting here in the US that you see people living so deplorable?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join