It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks CIA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Another DDoS....surprise

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why do people think this site (cia.gov) is some super protected CIA asset? It's a web page.. hosted just like any other webpage.. it has no "special" security because it has no special information.

And please.. can we stop calling DDOS attacks "hacking"??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Perhaps the CIA allowed them to hack in order to trace them and arrest them? It is kind of what they do among other things.

Were you reading my mind?...lol. I am thinking the same thing. If (anonymous) did succeed in hacking a CIA website...the CIA most likely is collecting information on (anonymous)...and it is probably a dummy website set up for that purpose by the CIA.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They have been poisoning the DNS servers so the IP doesn't point to the site they claim they hacked. That was their tactic when they claimed to hack the White House and a couple of others I can't recall right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Or anonymous IS the CIA, and everyone is falling for this crap.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

AHAHAHA! A likely story...perhaps ANON has been a CIA front all this time and OWS is just a false flag to gain info on the resistance. It is just a website. I haven't checked on this story in a while, looks like the site is still down. Thought they would get it up by now...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

Anonymous hacks CIA

www.forbes.com

“CIA TANGO DOWN” reads an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account. It’s military-speak for eliminating a hostile force that has infilitrated hacker circles as an announcement of a successful attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Don't worry, we have our best tool on it.

Gave him a banana and he's on the phone with viacom right now fixing things

edit on 10-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Considering that if CIA names were leaked and thrown to the public, this could destroy the very foundation of their system. So I highly doubt this is a setup. But, it is possible that they are allowing them to hack "just far enough", because it would give them a reason to attack Anonymous, which by the way, is all of the American people apparently.

FEMA camps? I smell it coming.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Does anyone else realize how bad Anon is going to make things for us?
Is what the C.I.A. & T.P.T.B want you to think!

If Anon is Legit, Things will get bad for the common person.
If Anon is a False Flag tactic, Things will get bad for the common person.

The Question is, What do YOU want to stand for?

Option (A): A slave to a Country of control freaks?
Option (B): A free Human being with the right to view and express yourself how ever you want?

We are only victims of what we allow to happen to us!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think anonymous IS a CIA front.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Technology and the understanding of said technology to that level is merely a tool, much like the atomic bomb.
Do you also gritt your teeth for scientists?

Point being it all resides with the man behind the machine. Balance is needed in all systems. Anyone can do something online and flag it as Anonymous if they want. It all comes down to who cares and wants to act. Hackers are human too. Is a security expert employed by a corporate entity a Hacker? Or is only the shady figure hidden in the corner lit by a computer a Hacker?

The World Needs Anonymous right now....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by redoubt

Technology and the understanding of said technology to that level is merely a tool, much like the atomic bomb.
Do you also gritt your teeth for scientists?

Point being it all resides with the man behind the machine. Balance is needed in all systems. Anyone can do something online and flag it as Anonymous if they want. It all comes down to who cares and wants to act. Hackers are human too. Is a security expert employed by a corporate entity a Hacker? Or is only the shady figure hidden in the corner lit by a computer a Hacker?

The World Needs Anonymous right now....

The obvious problem with this is of course that agency's like the CIA or NSA could just as easily pretend to be anon at any given time.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Nodoubt certain events were flagged as Anonymous by the CIA. Maybe even during the transition from 4chan and that ideology to the places we find ourselves today. Ive heard these allegations before. They may indeed be somewhat true however....

From where we stand now that's kinda irrelevant. Some of the fundamental points of Anonymous spurred MANY into action and if any parts of the beginning were some Cointelpro op well then. Fail Much? lol

keep in mind CIA amongst other have been known, alleged to do things and fly them under the Anonymous banner. But most actions are Thousands potentially millions of hackers the world over slowly becoming more active in shaping the world we all live in.

In the end it all comes back to the man behind the machine...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Indeed and to deal with those issues you have groups like Lulzsec Teampoison etc. Many of which have members that used to be anons before coming to the realization you pointed out yourself and moving off in their own direction.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It will get my interest when they actually start hacking(I think they may have done a couple) instead of taking down pointless .gov websites.

You are also helping "take down" these websites by visiting to see all their "hacks" are is flooding the server with to much traffic and you are helping.
edit on 2/10/2012 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by Rafe_

Indeed and to deal with those issues you have groups like Lulzsec Teampoison etc. Many of which have members that used to be anons before coming to the realization you pointed out yourself and moving off in their own direction.

I dont know man, all these groups. Anyone with any agenda could be posing as one of them.
I havent made my minds up about the whole thing yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

LOL. It has been many moons since I have laughed that hard. I could only watch a minute of it, but that was too funny.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hack www.CIA.gov; Oh my gosh they hacked the CIA!

Sensationalist tripe if not a complete fabrication to further the agenda to censor the internet and tighten control of everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
reply to post by W3RLIED2

LOL. It has been many moons since I have laughed that hard. I could only watch a minute of it, but that was too funny.

I couldn't help myself, man! IT'S FRIDAY. No conspiracy, someones pullin a lick on the CIA homepage..... Which to me doesn't really seem that smart, but to each their own I suppose.

ROFL, though, seriously... Why would you mess with spooks?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join