It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks CIA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Anonymous hacks CIA

www.forbes.com

“CIA TANGO DOWN” reads an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account. It’s military-speak for eliminating a hostile force that has infilitrated hacker circles as an announcement of a successful attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
RT.com is also reporting this as breaking news. No new information other than what is being reported by Forbes.com.

I will update as more information comes in.

I'm kind of skeptical of a group hacking the CIA of all places. I was always under the impression that the CIA ran the world. If ANON is real, maybe I was wrong.

www.forbes.com

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perhaps the CIA allowed them to hack in order to trace them and arrest them? It is kind of what they do among other things.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well....the site is definitely not coming up so guess it is true. S&F...nice find. Web Page Unavailable even when searching for CIA and clicking links.

I am actually fairly impressed they were able to accomplish this, as well as the other things they seem to be able to do fairly quickly. Wondering what kind of information release this will bring. I am thinking the attacks and bringing sites down are mostly a ruse to have them scrambling while Anonymous is running the second and more pressing part of their attack of gleaning information from security loopholes at the same time.
edit on 2/10/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Perhaps the CIA allowed them to hack in order to trace them and arrest them? It is kind of what they do among other things.

That is a good theory. I guess we won't know for sure anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't affect the status on my internship application.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
FALSE FLAG IMMINENT....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As much as I support freedom of information......

I can't help but feel as if Anonymous is wasting our time, obviously they are seeking attention. .

And,.. its also quite obvious that the CIA doesn't keep any classified information on their own Website.

We know what Anonymous stands for, but they truly aren't doing anything for the better good.

Just.Shameless.Self.Promotion.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

Anonymous hacks CIA

www.forbes.com

“CIA TANGO DOWN” reads an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account. It’s military-speak for eliminating a hostile force that has infilitrated hacker circles as an announcement of a successful attack.

Quite interesting and exciting, I have a feeling that this is a war that won't end too soon, and most of all, that will trigger others kinds of problems and possibly wars as well. I have my bucket of popcorn and a beer, just ready to watch this movie start anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Anonymous hacks CIA

To be honest, I am personally torn on the subject of 'Anonymous' and hackers in general.

I have had my machine hacked... or burglarized. I lost my bank account and no small sum of money because it was hacked too, by those who stole my information, emptied the vault and left me wondering how to pay the bills and feed my family.

So... no. You won't find much sympathy for hackers from my posts. They are to me, criminals who break into property that is not theirs and steal that which does not belong to them. I think they should be arrested and prosecuted just like someone who breaks into your home and takes your physical property.

The ONLY saving grace for Anonymous from here... is that they seem to have a specific agenda that targets those they feel need to be outed and exposed to the world.

But even with this, I have to grit my teeth.
edit on 10-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hmmm... Friday late afternoon news on the East Coast of the US. It sounds fishy. People bury news this time of day/week, they don't announce it. Either a hoax, or the CIA allowed them in for a back trace and the CIA timed the break in.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
O.k, nice...but have they done anything useful or is it another act of pure stupidness which is something our government will use to take our internet freedom away?

Yawn at anonymous.

I think they started out good, but now a group has jumped on the wagon (probably psyop gov.) and are doing real stupid things to take our internet freedom away.

I do not stand side by side with 95% of what Anon are doing
..the other 5%

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
they have also hacked into Assads server in syria and released emails.

this is getting very serious, very fast.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've read various responses speculating on how Anonymous and affiliated groups appear to be "wasting their time" on stunts like this...

Maybe Anonymous is just so sick of everything going on, all the lies and scandalous scheming and duplicitous agendas and just the overall power-mongering, that they looked around and said, "Hey, we have some technological savvy...let's make a point!"

It's a brave effort, but it's also (thus far) futile. How they choose to spend their time and make their points is their business...I just wish they wouldn't spray the neighbor's cat to draw attention.

Do damage or go home!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well it's confirmed.

It is down.

www.cia.gov...
edit on 10-2-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

So what? It's not a commerce site, or a site of great research. It's the front door to an empty building they took down.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just think that ANON is just playing with fire. Who in their right mind would TRY and hack the CIA. I mean, talk about "balls of steel". It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA recruited the brightest minds in the world to fight cyberwar.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

Ah, the 'Honeypot' security angle.
Sounds possible.

But, just be aware. The alphabet soup agencies have at least 2 types of networks.
First is the normal, user style network that is connected to the outside world.
Second, is a closed network that has NO connection outside the LAN based network. Most are confined to a physical location.

There are the Military grade networks that will connect site to site, base to base and so on. But, those are not going to be hacked.
The network that ANON hacked would be the normal user network.
I do believe that Govt standards will not allow anything set as Secret on up to be on anything but the closed network, hence the reason why Manning had to physically copy and smuggle out the docs/files he gave to wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would have to agree, that the CIA most likely left a loophole open for Anonymous, and now they have probably been traced, it shouldnt be long, Maybe Anonymous is a black project for the CIA, totally screw with peoples heads lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join