It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks CIA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Crown Jewels please.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Perfectly timed to hit the weekend news cycle too.

There's a weekend news cycle? I've been doing this wrong....
edit on 10-2-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

The CIA might come out saying its Iranian hackers (propaganda I know), which will lead to further tensions to help "justify" their next war. BTW how do you know its anonymous doing these attacks? Are you one of them?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Pretty much this. The server admins at the CIA are all getting ready to leave for the weekend, then [snip] Have to redo all the mod_sec rules modify ip tables to deny the offenders, etc. depending on the size of the attack this can be a real PITA for someone who just wants to get home and spend time with their family, but now they have to stay who knows how many extra hours to fix this.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: profanity removed

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

The CIA might come out saying its Iranian hackers (propaganda I know), which will lead to further tensions to help "justify" their next war. BTW how do you know its anonymous doing these attacks? Are you one of them?

Ya, you caught me. I'm one of them. [end of sarcasm]

We don't know! That is exactly what is being discussed in this thread. I think I can speak for more than half the people here when I say that this is a false flag event.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by khimbar

SOPA, PIPPA and so on could not stop DOS attacks.

Exactly, so now they bring in even more legislation. Seems awfully lucky that SOPA doesn't pass and then this happens. Or am I too cynical?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Meh, all they are doing is wasting time and resources. Lately I've come to believe that Anon cant manage any new truly impressive feats, they failed to take down Facebook when they claimed they were going to and ever since seem a lot less relevant than they were a year ago at this time. Its nice that they think they are making a difference ddosing a purely informational website, but really anybody could pull off such a task given a little reading around the internet. I doubt these clowns are even putting a dent in stress levels of staff there, considering chances are good all they will do is place a call to their upstream provider or web host to notify them of the attack at which point some firewall goon will drop a blackhole rule or two in and funnel all the traffic to some pit of despair where it wont bother anybody's servers anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmmm I think anonymous (If it was actually them that did do it) made have pushed things a little too far attacking the CIA. Not that they (cia) don't deserve it... But I think that with the massive resources the CIA have worldwide this could be the end of anonymous. Look at how they usually (supposedly) get rid of their problems... Mysterious accidents or suicides seem to happen to people/groups that cross the CIA.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this straight re: false flag.

The CIA hacks themselves, blames Anonymous or an Anonymous credited Twitter account takes credit. Now, at some point, the CIA comes out and says, "look at what these cyber-terrorists are doing, they're attacking America's intelligence networks and jeopardizing American lives" (or some such nonsense).

Next, congress re-evaluates it's stance on PIPPA and SOPA (both currently not dead and in moratorium) and uses the CIA message along with others to push these laws.

Americans, politicians who do not understand the nature of these attacks (more annoying than dangerous) get behind the SOPA and PIPPA bills, and viola! We now have restricted Internet because of a cloak-and-dagger CIA operation.

Is that right?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

The CIA hacks themselves, blames Anonymous or an Anonymous credited Twitter account takes credit. Now, at some point, the CIA comes out and says, "look at what these cyber-terrorists are doing, they're attacking America's intelligence networks and jeopardizing American lives" (or some such nonsense).

Next, congress re-evaluates it's stance on PIPPA and SOPA (both currently not dead and in moratorium) and uses the CIA message along with others to push these laws.

Americans, politicians who do not understand the nature of these attacks (more annoying than dangerous) get behind the SOPA and PIPPA bills, and viola! We now have restricted Internet because of a cloak-and-dagger CIA operation.

Is that right?

Yep.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Is that right?

That is how I see it. Like someone said before. Create a problem, give the public a solution. You don't think so?
edit on 10-2-2012 by UnaChispa because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The depths of people's stupidity will never astound me, and by no means do I think I'm smarter than anyone, but there are some really dumb people around (as most of ATS knows). In which case, that argument could be sold to those people, but I have faith smarter folks will see through that scenario and prevail. It's too black and white on the outside - CIA hacked by Anon. And honestly, from journalists to politicians to mom and dad, no one really "loves" the CIA.

And, even though the Internet is still in its infancy, the baby boomers now understand basic terminology and can understand what's life threatening, and what's BS. (They're informed from the Bay of Pigs and onward, all bad CIA opps).

So I guess I don't think it's a false flag because I don't think the CIA can sell it to the American people. But, then again, in the current political climate who knows....

Edit: Plus this makes the CIA look weak for those folks who don't understand the nature of this "attack". The CIA would never stand for that, so it appears real from Anon. But it's the equivalent of too many people in line at the grocery store slowing down the cashier, to a real problem. (If it were a commerce or research website, that's a different issue).

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't get the fuss. The CIA is just as capable of being security lax. They don't have to leave something open to catch Anon and I doubt they did as they wouldn't be the arresting party anyway.. Probably just screwed up like everyone else does. It's the CIA guys, not God.
edit on 10-2-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Maybe I'm wrong (it certainly wouldn't be the first or last time), but I have a hard time believing this could be a false flag.

ETA: I just re-read what I wrote, and I'm not saying anyone on ATS is stupid, definitely not. I'm talking about people who react to everything, and this community is not those people. If it's a false flag, tell me why the CIA can do it to push these awful laws but others can't?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is the CIA.

and the site is still down.

Internet kill switch about to be engaged.

Infact if the rumour that they have actually been hacked, then the internet has to be shut down. This is an act of War. And if any of the hackers are in the US. Obama will have to declare war on America. Wow.

Just like WARGAMES. Only more serious.

Its the CIA.

online.wsj.com...

WASHINGTON—The Pentagon has concluded that computer sabotage coming from another country can constitute an act of war, a finding that for the first time opens the door for the U.S. to respond using traditional military force.

edit on 10-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I see what you are saying.

However, they don't have to sell it to the American public. They have to sell it to the out-of-touch politicians who make the decisions. Now that the executive branch has the power it has, they probably don't even need to convince the congress/senate - only POTUS.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am not really sure, but this one to me seems like more of a distraction then anything else. Take down their public facing sites so that way they can do whatever they want to somewhere else. IF they moved some of their IT people from some other function to assist with getting their public portal back up as soon as possible, THEN maybe security in another area may be lax just enough for them to do something they were not expecting. Who knows what they were after really. Maybe they were hacking the coast guard, no one would expect that lol.

"All war is based on deception." ~ Sun Tzu

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have a hard time forming a definitive opinion about Anonymous.

Since there are so many individuals in Anonymous, the actions of a small group then become attributed to the group as a whole, therefore I think it's hard to judge them as a whole because certain smaller groups do things differently than the rest.

I'm ambivalent.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Its amazing that this sites slogan is "DENY IGNORANCE"

Yet we have 99% of the posts in the thread alluding to the fact that this is a "hack" that "anonynomous hacked into/the CIA"

But its NOT a hack. I repeat, ITS NOT A HACK.

Its called a DDOS Attack ( distributed denial-of-service attack)
Its sending a site so much traffic that it overloads.

Its like putting too much clothes in the washing machine and running around claiming "I hacked it, I hacked it"

its not HACKING! Anonynoums are the biggest Script kiddies on the face of the planet.
They can't hack themselves out of a paper bag if it were to save their life.

THEY ARE NOT HACKERS.

They are a bunch of no life kids who have nothing else to do but to rack up bots (infected computers) and use them to direct traffic at a site to push it offline.

The amount of ignorance, fearmonging and share bafoonery on this site is appalling.

"Its a False Flag, its False Flag"

And now you wonder why people think conspiracy theorists are not bright at all?
edit on 10-2-2012 by Setoman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join