It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks CIA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I want to apologize for spreading ignorance by posting in the headline that Anonymous Hacked. I should have said Anonymous DDoS attack. I just used the headline from the Forbes article.
I now recognize that there is a difference between hacking and DDos.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

There is no group called "anonymous". Fact of the matter is that the people labeled to be part of this "group" are just like-minded individuals--at least as far as the fact that they realize how ridiculous "TPTB" are. In any random sampling of the population, there are going to be bad people. That's just how it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
reply to post by caladonea

Or anonymous IS the CIA, and everyone is falling for this crap.

So true so true..

and you're al gore.

We don't listen to you around here.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What? The CIA hacked their own website?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
FALSE FLAG IMMINENT....

How can you be sure, It's obvious the CIA is probably going to try to cover its own ass in the event something like this happens, and swear up and down that it did not occur. Anonymous has done, and proven to do, quite a few things in the past worth commending, I don't see how they don't have the hacking know-how to do this.

And in regards to allowing them to be hacked for arrests, that's also a sincere possibility, but I doubt Anonymous didn't think ahead in that regard. Either way, and however it goes, It's caught my attention. S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
I just think that ANON is just playing with fire. Who in their right mind would TRY and hack the CIA. I mean, talk about "balls of steel". It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA recruited the brightest minds in the world to fight cyberwar.

Anon did not hack anything, they instituted a DDOS on a public web site...

ANON is a bunch of low level script kiddies.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

This is treading dangerous waters, the paid snakes in this thread will be watching. BEWARE.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Perhaps the CIA allowed them to hack in order to trace them and arrest them? It is kind of what they do among other things.

Or perhaps anon IS the cia

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Anonymous hacks CIA

To be honest, I am personally torn on the subject of 'Anonymous' and hackers in general.

I have had my machine hacked... or burglarized. I lost my bank account and no small sum of money because it was hacked too, by those who stole my information, emptied the vault and left me wondering how to pay the bills and feed my family.

So... no. You won't find much sympathy for hackers from my posts. They are to me, criminals who break into property that is not theirs and steal that which does not belong to them. I think they should be arrested and prosecuted just like someone who breaks into your home and takes your physical property.

The ONLY saving grace for Anonymous from here... is that they seem to have a specific agenda that targets those they feel need to be outed and exposed to the world.

But even with this, I have to grit my teeth.
edit on 10-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo

BUT, if anonymous is real, and they are who they seem to be, then they are the GOOD GUYS.

they stand up for the people!

so don't hate them because some greedy bank account hackers did stuff, it probably wasn't anonymous.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by ALIENslave

Oh really? Do you live on Lollipop Lane in Make-Believe Land?

The true criminals are the leaders that have sold us out over time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

I think 'Anonymous' hacked ATS recently..... my account here was hacked!!

Good job i dont have personal info on here.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i wouldnt be supprised if some CIA nerds are part of anon anyways, probably just left the door open accidentally on a cig break

*EDIT* oh it was a ddos attack not a hack? awwww
edit on 11-2-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I just wish people would stop calling a DOS attack "hacked". All they are doing is flooding the host with traffic, not really "hacking" anything.

It's not really doing anyone any good in the long run, and do you really think the CIA give a crap that there public website is down, it's probably hosted on a basic server just for presence.

As stated earlier, anything interesting will be in an isolated network which has no connection to the web.

I'll only be interested in these idiots *IF* they ever actually break into a secure system and leak some serious information.

People are being misguided as to how "good" these "hackers" are. It's like the news of the world phone "hacking", simply guessing voicemail 4 digit pins is now called "hacking", Anon getting into a conference call is "hacking", no its not, dialing a number and entering a pin code is not exactly hard if you know the the number and code

All it takes is for me to plug my scanner into the PC, watch the pager network data, and sure enough you will see conference call @ time, access number blah pin 1234 or whatever

I've been on a conference call with police, fire and rescue, and ambo just out of curiosity once, and as long as you go on mute, they seem to think the extra person joining is a glitch, and i would never call myself a hacker for that!

Rant over lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Well....the site is definitely not coming up so guess it is true. S&F...nice find. Web Page Unavailable even when searching for CIA and clicking links.

I see no purpose in hacking their site, in this manner ...

First of all, the CIA is an information gathering source. If you want to be intellectual about it, you do the same ... you "gather" information on the CIA, and information they have. You don't go about, and "tip them off" about their failures, in this manner.

Either, Mr. Anonymous is a moron ... a young prankster ... or he's a "CIA asset, whose helping them".

The war hasn't started yet, and the only people who have "hackers" on the internet ... are the police, military and the CIA.

Despite people talking about the "internet being the freedom place", it's just another hype. On the internet, you can hardly fart ... if you do, you're banned.

edit on 11/2/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Okay! so they can hack into computers, but what good are they doing for anyone but themselves in getting their nuts off by pissing people off? Seems like child play to me.
Having computer knowledge doesn't make them smart, or give them common sense. If they had either of the two, they would be doing something really constructive. All they do is play with computers. What have they accomplished thats done anything for us as a whole? Nothing, but they sure like to look big and smart.
It takes a lot more than computer knowledge to be smart.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
How about Anon being a False Flag Operation run by the CIA or NSA.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I dont know why its so difficult for people to see that Anon is not one of us.
They are part of TPTB.

Or maybe I'm looking at this in the wrong way...
Maybe Anon is a magical group of super hackers that cant be stopped.
They are even more powerful than the government, the government cant stop them.
The government can track down people all the time but they cant catch Anon because Anon is the best.

Anon is so great in the way that they push people to fight bills that the general public would have probably never have known about and then it creates confrontation with the government.
Then in turn makes those pass under other names through executive orders.

One day when there's no more internet we can remember that it was Anon that pushed us to fight the government!

Go Anon!

edit on 11-2-2012 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anonymous is not stupid enough to fall into the old usual honeypot scheme
But i can assure you, its getting bigger

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

the only people who have "hackers" on the internet ... are the police, military and the CIA.

Stop reading ATS, stop watching movies and take a walk outside.

Now, think twice.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Attacking the CIA's public website is like attacking a useless billboard advertisement on the side of a road.

It actually makes Anonymous look weak and desperate, I.M.O.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join