It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

How many animal species are monogamous? There are no statistics I know of regarding successful monogamous relationships of, say, Mallards, 'tho they're said to bond for life? Religion and society doesn't allow human sexual bonding with animals. Commitments arising sociologically from human sexuality can't compare statistically with monogamy in some animal species. Those animals don't need marriage, and bond for life.
Taking oneself out of a possibly promiscuous lifestyle should reduce disease incidence and include a stable, working relationship.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I've seen enough in what you have posted. You post illogical arguments to try and rationalize your own phobia. Which is of course just justification at an attempt to control society for "the way it should be".

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Complete rubbish, if expressing my opinion is your idea of me trying to control society, then what makes you any different when you express your opinion?

Not only do you display complete ignorance and make rash judgments about me based on your false assumptions. But you continue to show your total hypocrisy and ridiculous way of rationalizing your own bigotry.

You are the one actually displaying all of those character flaws that you are trying to impose upon me. Me thinks you need to look in the mirror and stop projecting your own self hatred upon me.

REALITY CHECK TIME

edit on 11-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

One word.

lol. (It's an acronym!)

Who's trying to control society? I want to let people be who they are, and marry who they wish. In the case of your dog argument. If you can possibly have a talking dog that is intelligent enough to understand the concept of marriage, then congratulations on your talking dog fiance.

But you went to such an absurd example without even considering the difference between intelligence and verbal communication of two species. I don't even know how you thought that would fly.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I prefer to discuss topics and issues with intelligent people.

Sorry, but you only meet the qualifications of a person.

You failed miserably at the intelligent part.

edit on 12-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
One of the first 14 same sex couples to ever get married is now divorcing.

Gay "poster couple" divorcing

When gay couples first sought the right to legally wed in California, they argued that they were entitled to all of the benefits of marital bliss.

It was only a matter of time before that benefit extended to the right to split up.
Even as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found California's ban on gay marriage unconstitutional Tuesday, one of the state's first gay couples to tie the knot was calling it quits.
Robin Tyler filed for divorce from Diane Olson on January 25. The pair were among 14 same-sex couples who originally challenged the ban in 2008.

In an exclusive interview with NBC4, Tyler spoke about her decision.
"We're human and we went through difficult times," Tyler said. The marriage ran its course, she said. Tyler and Olson have known each other for 40 years and were together as a couple for 18. They were the poster couple for gay and lesbian rights.

When they wed, in June of 2008, they had gone to the Beverly Hills Courthouse every year for seven years to apply for -- and be denied- a marriage license.
The ceremony on the steps of the same courthouse was a monumental moment for gay couples everywhere.

"I don't know how to describe it - I wanted this all my life," Olson told the Jewish Journal that day. "Every time I went to a girlfriend's wedding, and when my brother got married, it was something I always wanted for myself. It looks like God must have wanted it for me, too."

Apparently what "God" wanted no longer matters.

I am not homophobic or anti-gay rights. I believe gays should have the same rights as any other human. I am however opposed to the term "gay marriage". I do not have a problem with same sex couples having the same rights as married couples. I just wish that they didn't call it "marriage".

Marriage is a term that should be reserved for a man and a woman. If gays want to call it domestic partners or any other name and it gives them the same rights as married couples I'm OK with that. I just disagree with them stealing the term marriage.

I know this may not be politically correct but it's how I feel. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I don't care. Some things need to be said even if they are not politically correct.

Who cares what you call it, it's just a word. If it means the same thing intrinsically why use a new word?

Marriage is marriage. It doesn't matter what sex you are, it's always the same exact thing. And if you don't have a problem with this same exact thing, then the word usage wouldn't bother you.

A word doesn't mean anything. A word describes the meaning.

And so, they got a divorce? Like that shouldn't of happened? Like hetero marriages don't divorce? I don't see the point of the OP other than to "politely" bigot over the news of a couples misfortune.

Oh and God doesn't exist either. He's just the adult version of Santa Clause.

Grow.Up.

Originally posted by HotCopperSkull
Ok, I did not read this entire thread nor do I need to. I'll sum this up quickly:

1) Gay couples hijacking the term "marriage" is disrespectful to religions? Are you serious? Religions have (mentally and physically) murdered, raped, dismembered, and outright poisoned uncountable numbers of individuals throughout the course of human history and now they demand we are "respectful"? Disgusting. Who cares what people want to call their union between one another? It's a WORD. The equality is all that should matter to you.

2) Dear all who think same-sex marriages will lead to people marrying animals/plants/inanimate objects: You're idiots. Two adult, consciously aware human beings have the right to make that decision. An animal/plant/inanimate object do not fall into this category. They (as far as we know) cannot make these types of decisions. Stop ingesting the brainless rhetoric spewed out from the god-fearing, right-wing propaganda machine. This is like saying jumping into swimming pools will lead to dangerous acts like skydiving and base jumping. Idiocy at the highest caliber.

The way I see it, if you disagree with either of the two points I just made you most likely still have this underlying irrational, homophobic/xenophobic fear that you are not ready to address. My advice? cleanse yourself of the disease that is religion, embrace an empathic perspective of the world and GROW UP.

I wrote my post after reading the OP. Then I went back and read the rest, and well, it was said perfectly, so I quoted it.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

K M A

No, actually you'd probably like that wouldn't you?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

K M A

No, actually you'd probably like that wouldn't you?

Did you just insinuate that I'm a homosexual because I don't agree with you?

You're a lost cause man.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by podnus

How many animal species are monogamous? There are no statistics I know of regarding successful monogamous relationships of, say, Mallards, 'tho they're said to bond for life? Religion and society doesn't allow human sexual bonding with animals. Commitments arising sociologically from human sexuality can't compare statistically with monogamy in some animal species. Those animals don't need marriage, and bond for life.
Taking oneself out of a possibly promiscuous lifestyle should reduce disease incidence and include a stable, working relationship.

Oh right, so when saying something is natural for humans to do, one uses the animals are gay argument, but when it suits the mood you say now that most animals are not monogomous so mating with animals is risky business. It's amazing the lengths people go to to argue a point.
By the way, wolves mate for life.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I'd almost bet you read my Shakespeare post afterward too. The sword cuts both ways.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by knoledgeispower

You really need to educate yourself

Chaz Bono was NOT a child when she decided to have a sex change

You really need to read his story then.

He says he knew from his first memories he was in the wrong gender body. He wishes that he had had treatment from the beginning.

Chaz Bono, Cheryl Kilodavis, Author of My Princess Boy, to Appear at Groundbreaking Conference for Families of Transgender Children August 5-7, 2011

The Gender Odyssey Family conference is pleased to welcome Chaz Bono and Cheryl Kilodavis as this year’s featured keynote speakers. Chaz and Cheryl will be profiling their best-selling books, "Transition" and "My Princess Boy," respectively.

The Gender Odyssey Family Conference, the first family-centered event for people raising transgender and gender non-conforming children and teens, returns for the its fourth annual meeting at the Washington State Convention Center, August 5-7th, 2011. www.prweb.com...

I believe this is possible, and the reason is that I also believe in reincarnation. I think it is entirely plausible that, being we all incarnate at different times as both male and female, that if someone has had many many male embodiments, he may feel uncomfortable in a female body, and vice versa. I don't think it's an entirely physical thing. I think it is psychological and metaphysical. I believe there may also be metaphysical answers to those who claim to be gay from birth, also stemming from prior incarnations. But that would have likely been choices from the past which enter the current lifetime easily.
A friend of mine told me he thinks I have a Hindu soul. Indeed, at 7 I heard of the book "The Secret Garden" which starts out in India, and I was intrigued. Then at 10, my dad brought me Ravi Shankar records, which I loved immediately. He also brought me some "lemmy sticks" which were popular Indian items. At 17 I was practicing yoga and meditating.
I have filled my home with spiritual treasures from both India and China.
Who can explain these inexplicable tendencies? I think reincarnation explains a lot.
So, that's my metaphysical musing on the subject.
Of course there could be other factors too, such as hormonal imbalances occurring from some chemical thing, too much soy product, or toxic substances.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HotCopperSkull

Are you saying that Nancy Pelosi the Catholic is not God-fearing? Who would have guessed that one. And Joe Biden too. And oh Dick Gephardt from 3rd District in my city of birth. He started out pro-life and switched to pro-choice, I'm assuming when the whole Democrat Party decided to pander to the women's vote.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

If you're not a homosexual, you should really lay off the juice boxes

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I believe this is possible, and the reason is that I also believe in reincarnation. I think it is entirely plausible that, being we all incarnate at different times as both male and female, . . .

Its good we can agree on something.

I've had OBEs from my earliest memory. I remember as young as 5 "flying" around the neighborhood - seeing my friends asleep in their beds.

I remember wanting to go home - to return to the spirit world. In one of my OBEs - - a tall man in a long white road stopped me. He said I was confused trying to walk in both worlds. He said I needed to stay in the physical world.

How the physical "mixed soup" is stirred is one thing - - the energy consciousness is separate.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I believe this is possible, and the reason is that I also believe in reincarnation. I think it is entirely plausible that, being we all incarnate at different times as both male and female, . . .

Its good we can agree on something.

I've had OBEs from my earliest memory. I remember as young as 5 "flying" around the neighborhood - seeing my friends asleep in their beds.

I remember wanting to go home - to return to the spirit world. In one of my OBEs - - a tall man in a long white road stopped me. He said I was confused trying to walk in both worlds. He said I needed to stay in the physical world.

How the physical "mixed soup" is stirred is one thing - - the energy consciousness is separate.

Now, see I find this really fascinating. I've had a lot of astral traveling type dreams, UFO dreams, flying dreams, dreams of meeting spiritual beings, flying over mountains and a voice telling me I was getting too far and I must go back.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Now, see I find this really fascinating. I've had a lot of astral traveling type dreams, UFO dreams, flying dreams, dreams of meeting spiritual beings, flying over mountains and a voice telling me I was getting too far and I must go back.

I was grounded/'blocked after I met the man in the OBE. I don't remember flying after that - - but figure there is a reason I was allowed to keep that memory. Have had other type experiences though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Marriages take work. Whatever type of marriage it is doesn't matter. People are people and we can ruin any relationship by adding the pressure of marriage. So what...add them to the list of failed marriages. As a married heterosexual I can understand the feeling of wanting to quit and move on.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A real case of "careful what you wish" for :-) I'm sorry gay and lesbian community that you have now too been infected with the blight of "marriage".

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So Annee, what should my punishment be if I were to force you into a position where you need my permission to get married? If I could give you a trophy for skill in avoiding important questions that scare you because you know they may reveal truth and that is too scary for you, then I would give you that trophy. And I probably can. PM me if you want a trophy made out to recognize your ability to avoid questions like this:

So Annee, what should my punishment be if I were to force you into a position where you need my permission to get married?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
reply to post by Annee

So Annee, what should my punishment be if I were to force you into a position where you need my permission to get married? If I could give you a trophy for skill in avoiding important questions that scare you because you know they may reveal truth and that is too scary for you, then I would give you that trophy. And I probably can. PM me if you want a trophy made out to recognize your ability to avoid questions like this:

So Annee, what should my punishment be if I were to force you into a position where you need my permission to get married?

I don't understand the question.

Is this a shotgun wedding?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join