It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

TextSwiss temperature plunges to -35.1 degrees Geneva (AFP) Feb 6, 2012 - Swiss temperatures plunged to minus 35.1 degrees Celsius in the eastern Graubuenden canton on Sunday night, weather agency MeteoSwiss said, the lowest figure recorded so far this year. The mercury plummeted in Samedan, an Alpine region home to winter sports resorts such as St. Moritz, Pontresina and Sils-Maria. In the west, minus 27.6 degrees was recorded in the village of La Brevine in the canton of Neuchatel. La Brevine holds the record for being the coldest place in Switzerland, with minus 41.8 degrees measured in 1987. In Geneva, the thermometer was at minus 10 degrees on Monday morning.
source(www.terradaily.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir
Oh come on....

A few days of cold is NOT a climate change, let alone an ice age.

Oh no? -25 isn't? so when Bosnia has the most snowfall that has never seen its not?

It sure feels like an Ice age
edit on 6-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Very strange weather everywhere in the world as in Queensland thousands were evacuated and one person died.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
STILL....blue skies and sunshine in Seattle WA.
I can see the cherry blossoms out my window just starting to bloom. Gotta be at least 2 weeks early...

definitely an ice age....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
5-6 feet of snow here in NL, Canada, probably the most snow in a couple of years. The only record broken was snowfall in November.

Snow in the Sahara, Rome, at least 20 broken in Europe pertaining to snowfall. Over 360 died from the cold wave there.

It's about -10 today, not too bad. -20 really sucks.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
5-6 feet of snow here in NL, Canada, probably the most snow in a couple of years. The only record broken was snowfall in November.

Snow in the Sahara, Rome, at least 20 broken in Europe pertaining to snowfall. Over 360 died from the cold wave there.

It's about -10 today, not too bad. -20 really sucks.
I am afraid for what's to come,I think we will have winter even in August,if the things will go this way!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
there must be some kind of weather swap cause im in western Canada and its been teh warmest winter in 20 years

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

LOL! Have you never experienced a winter on Earth before? This happens every year, As you'll find out in time.

Within a few weeks it'll be mild, the snow ill have gone, flowers will be appearing and you'll be worrying about catastrophic global warming because it's been hotter than usual all week ......

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
there must be some kind of weather swap cause im in western Canada and its been teh warmest winter in 20 years
Better a migration of the seasons,as we have no spring in some parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Within a few weeks it'll be mild, the snow ill have gone, flowers will be appearing and you'll be worrying about catastrophic global warming because it's been hotter than usual all week ....
I hope you are right,as the temperatures are dropping every day in the most unusual places,very weird weather everywhere on this planet as we are in the year 2012.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Britain will be very exposed to severe weather,

TextSnow to return as big freeze splits Britain Southern Britain to be hit by more snow as the country faces a fresh battle with freezing temperatures and transport chaos. 07 Feb 2012
source(www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Britain will be very exposed to severe weather,

TextSnow to return as big freeze splits Britain Southern Britain to be hit by more snow as the country faces a fresh battle with freezing temperatures and transport chaos. 07 Feb 2012
source(www.telegraph.co.uk...

Err yeah its the middle of winter , the coldest time of the year every year ......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

the coldest time of the year every year ......
Not like this year...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Things are deeply worsening ,

TextIce breakers called in as icy conditions across Europe worsen and deathtoll reaches 400 Posted on February 7, 2012 February 7, 2012 – EUROPE — Authorities used explosives, icebreakers and tractors Tuesday in the battle to overcome Europe’s big freeze, as dozens more died of hypothermia and tens of thousands remained cut off by snow. Around 400 people have now died from the cold weather in Europe since the cold snap began 11 days ago. While there was some respite for people in Ukraine — where more than 130 deaths have been recorded — the mercury plunged overnight to minus 39.4 degrees Celsius in the Kvilda region of the Czech Republic. More bodies were found either on the streets, in their cars or in their homes in Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Hungary and across the Balkans. Conditions worsened when snow- and rain-swollen rivers burst a Bulgarian dam and killed at least eight, while more homeless people perished on frigid city streets. National radio reported two other people were killed when their car was swept off a bridge. “People are in panic,” regional mayor Mihail Liskov said on national radio. “Ninety percent of the village is under water.”
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
China is affected by low record temperatures.

Over the weekend, the lowest temperatures in decades have hit areas of northern China, as the cold wave continues. Some places were as cold as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Blizzards have left over three feet of snowfall in parts of Inner Mongolia, and winds have reached as high as 30 miles per hour. The freezing weather has already caused the death of numerous livestock. [Sogdoi, Head of Kequ Town]: "So far 2616 livestock have died, including 304 sheep and 11 horses." Animals aren’t the only ones who can’t withstand the low temperatures. Many residents have left the area to escape the cold. [Resident]: "My family have all left, and I will leave soon." According to forecasts from China’s National Meteorological Center, the cold is expected to persist for at least another week
source(english.ntdtv.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

LOL! Have you never experienced a winter on Earth before? This happens every year, As you'll find out in time.
I think this winter is special.as more and more are suffering all around the world because severe cold and freezing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i have a question for any of you out there that may know .

in the uk we have cold and damp winters and its this dampness that causes the most discomfort
the question is , warm air holds more moisture than cold air does so why is it that our winters are so damp ?

i have lived in east gemany where the winters are so much colder but the air is dry . why is that ?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

i have lived in east gemany where the winters are so much colder but the air is dry . why is that ?
I try to guess,that UK is a big Island and the air coming inland from the ocean is more humid then the one on the main land.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How can it be an 'ice age' when we haven't had the 'age' bit?

That said, who are these idiots who say 'it's just winter'? How can they say that after the recent spate of broken weather records?
edit on 10-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yes indeed. Every year Eastern Europe freezes over to temperatures of up to - 40. And all those broken weather records over the past 12 months didn't happen. Nothing to see here, move along.
I prescribe plenty of sand to stick head in

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join