It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I am not far from New York State, normally, I'm from Kingston, Ontario, I'm used to some heavy winter storms,, but yeah your right, my friends are telling me they have not had winter at all, just lots of ice mainly, no huge dumping. Seems a bit reversed when we are seeing sever rare weather here and you have nothing!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

I know, it's just not fair. People are much less prone to mudball fights. I don't care how old I get, I'm picking a snowball fight with strangers at least once every winter. Except this winter... Damn.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yah that's about all we can do here is snowball fight, eat and sleep, no power, tv, internet,reading, stove, gym, cinema, nothing but your thoughts, lol. I think that's why this cold snap has been all the more hard even for everyday Algerians, its getting a bit ridiculous having thunder and lightening and snow, and hail, and minus temperatures with no other means of distractions for alot of poor people. I saw another article with pics from Europe, Italy predominantly, with the boats frozen in the Mediteranean sea, have heard reports of fish dying from abnormal temperatures, and produce spoiling from the power outages. This surely points to this cold snap being a rare occasion to say the least. I just finished saying today to my sister in law its to the point here, we would be better off in a cave and build a fire then being trapped reliant on technology or the government, starving and freezing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Too bad it's all but illegal to do here. Buy the land, pay the taxes, get a building permit, build a small cabin, pay yearly taxes on the property... I doubt there's anywhere in the world that it's much different though. I have to carry a gun or knife to walk the dog, but the gov't still has their hand out for more money to pay themselves and piss away.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yah your right, but its not like that here, its more survival style, people are left more at will, which can be a bad thing as is the case now with this weather. There is no mortgage on houses here, you build it as you have money on land your family has, or rent squallid so-called apartments, but all are built out of grey cement bricks so heat does not stay in, there is no insolation, or dry wall, its the full on elements. The houses here drip water from humidity in the kitchen when you cook, its literally like its raining. Combine that with fridged cold temperatures, and yikes. We are building a new home very differently, and this summer we are preparing for weather changes or if this is a mini ice age, by installing a wood heating/cooking stove!!!! Only problem is, we can't go buy one like they have in Canada or US, we have to go to a welder and custom make one from scratch!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by reaxi0n

You show me a picture of snow
Where it shouldn't be ..at this magnitude of events.

There shouldn't be snow in Europe? LOL okay buddy....okay.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

reply to post by reaxi0n

I don't know,but what I know is that people are suffering and even dying..and that is something not to laugh about..
edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: a

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by reaxi0n

I don't know,but what I know is that people are suffering and even dying..and that is something not to laugh about..
edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: a

Yeah, unfortunate so it must mean we're in an ice age, and not that they have a lack of heating.

No one's suffering or dying here. I can see the grass. It's in the 40s. Am I part of the ice age too?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

No one's suffering or dying here. I can see the grass. It's in the 40s. Am I part of the ice age too?
Also here, but this doesn't mean we shouldn't have compassion for poor people or understanding of the phenomenon called ICE AGE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by reaxi0n

Also here, but this doesn't mean we shouldn't have compassion for poor people or understanding of the phenomenon called ICE AGE.

alright bud.
hope that tin foil keeps you warm throughout this ICE AGE, that'll be ending in the next couple months when summer is back.

later

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

that'll be ending in the next couple months when summer is back.
The magic word.MONTHS.You just give the proof of the real ICE AGE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by reaxi0n

No I gave proof of winter.
I should have said month. It's already warming up

Look, I'm pretty sure scientists would have picked up on us being in this "ice age."
I'm not going to take the word from someone who thinks it's still the year 2000....cmon dude.
edit on 2-14-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by reaxi0n

No I gave proof of winter.
I should have said month. It's already warming up
Of course....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Of course....

You said it yourself, it's in the 40s

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Of course....

You said it yourself, it's in the 40s
In a certain place very well defended.....for now!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Big freeze death toll tops 600 KARL-JOSEF HILDENBRAND, Getty Images More than 600 people have now died during a record-breaking cold snap in Eastern Europe.

Since the end of January the region has been in a deep freeze, which has brought the heaviest blizzards in recent memory. Tens of thousands have been trapped in ofte...
source(www.i4u.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Heavy snow causes chaos across U.S. as southern storm leaves 52,000 without power By DAILY MAIL REPORTER Last updated at 4:52 AM on 20th February 2012 Comments (0) Share A winter storm has dumped several inches of snow on a band of southern states, triggering accidents on slippery roads and knocking out power to tens of thousands. The storm brought wet snow on Sunday to parts of Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. In northern Tennessee, about 20 vehicles were involved in crashes along a three-mile stretch of Interstate 75 during what authorities described as 'white out' conditions Sunday afternoon. Police said a juvenile was seriously injured. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
source(www.dailymail.co.uk... news/article-2103602/Snow-causes-chaos-South-cars-pile-interstate.html

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Can the OP provide some evidence that it is cold 'EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD'?
Here in UK we have had one of our mildest winters ever - and after a brief wintery spell, temperatures are set to climb this week.We aren't the only ones.
So less of the false scaremongering headlines thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

A stark correlation for the period 1861-1989 between the sunspot cycle length and the temperature anomaly of the Northern Hemisphere was presented by Friis-Christensen and Lassen in 1991. The temperature data comes from 1995 IPCC. This graph shows the drastic change our sun is currently undergoing. As you can see, because the start up of solar cycle 24 was delayed, the estimated length of solar cycle 23 was 13,5 years. This would translate in a global temperature drop of 1.5 degree Celsius by 2020, if this correlation still holds true. Currently the delayed solar cycle 24 is trying to start up, indicating severe cooling for the coming decades.
source(www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A stark correlation for the period 1861-1989 between the sunspot cycle length and the temperature anomaly of the Northern Hemisphere was presented by Friis-Christensen and Lassen in 1991. The temperature data comes from 1995 IPCC. This graph shows the drastic change our sun is currently undergoing. As you can see, because the start up of solar cycle 24 was delayed, the estimated length of solar cycle 23 was 13,5 years. This would translate in a global temperature drop of 1.5 degree Celsius by 2020, if this correlation still holds true. Currently the delayed solar cycle 24 is trying to start up, indicating severe cooling for the coming decades.
source(www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com...

That makes no reference to an ice age.

it will take more than a 1.5 degree change stretched over a span of a couple decades.

Many of your quotes and sources directly contradict you in your fear mongering cries that this is an ice age...
edit on 2/20/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join