It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Great I love a cool breeze in the morning.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Europe-Czech Republic
Very warm green December
Now around -20°C but they say in few days it could be breaking records below -40°C
Wow, I don't remember anything below -27°C or so. We'll see.
Today a mouse went in the house. (I haven't seen a mouse for a decade
)
It reminded me once there was such a frost in Poland that birds lead their way into houses too. Frost had frozen their fear...
How can they live out there in winter I have never understood.
Come my little friends, my window will be open for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Here in Newfoundland we've had an early winter, usually it starts around Christmas time and ends in the middle of March, but this time around started around mid November, breaking the snowfall record for that month.

You could see the grass a week ago as the snow started to melt but then came about 4 feet of snow, and we've still got another 30-50 cm coming before the weekend is out with a significant snowfall and wind warning in effect already. Early next week is calling for 10-20cm too. No idea where to put it, but at the same time I love it until the power decides to peace out.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have just got an electric blanket it has filled an emotional resivour within the soul I feel.

I do not care how cold I am,knowing I will smother my tomb with heat.Its kind of good to not be cold at night.

In the uk I have seen no snow this year though.

For anyone wanting an electric blanket,I say go for it.They are life changing.I regulate mine over night so I am warm through until forced getting out.

Other blankets are designed to quickly heat up a bed before you climb into it, and are switched off afterwards.The first electric blanket prototype was designed in 1912 by Sidney I. Russell. This physician invented a type of electrically-heated mattress pad or under-blanket that heated the bed area from below. Further down the line in 1937, blankets that were used in the top position were introduced in America. As time progressed, the standard electric blanket has undergone a wide number of changes, enhancements, and developments. Modern heated blankets are much more reliable than their older counterparts, and are less likely to be deemed fire risks.

edit on 2-2-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Also there can be massive local variations in temperature.Only a few years ago they had something like -19 in Aviemore in Scotland and down here in the south we had + 5 deg C.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Its a bit overcast today, but still quite humid, but tomorrow the sun should be out and ill go to the beach cause in the SH its summer.

In the NH its winter, every 12 months you'll have mini ice ages.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's been VERY WARM in New England and hardly any Snow...I am THRILLED! Small Ice Ages occur when too much Fresh water melts and it screws up the worlds Ocean Covayer belt like the Gulf Stream which moves warm Carribeen Water up around Florida and over to the U.K.

If too much fresh water melts like the Polar Ice Cap or Greenlands current rapid ice melt or the South poles melt...it reaches a tipping point where the heavier Salinated Water sinks and the fresh water rises and stops the heat water transpher system.

This could be minor and last for a short time...or it could be major...just like in that movie the DAY AFTER TOMMOROW...that movie was NOT B.S. and we had a Mini Ice Age only a few Hundred years ago so...
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

This could be minor and last for a short time...or it could be major..
I hope I am wrong,but a small Ice Age doesn't mean necessary to have winter at once,but first a warm weather and after that a progressive decrease of temperature.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

TextFebruary 2, 2012 – JAPAN – The prefecture of Niigata, Japan, has asked for a dispatch of troops to help in the wake of record-setting snowfalls, according to reports on Wednesday. 3 people have died in the northern part of Japan from avalanches in Akita. The Ground Self-Defense Force of Japan was expected to send troops to the town of Uonuma, where a snow depth of 4.09 meters, or 13.4 feet, has reportedly built up. Fearing roof collapse under the weight of the deep snow, complicated by warming and the potential for rain, the local officials called for the troops to help clear roofs. Niigata is in western Honshu, which winter climate is notorious for its waves of heavy snow off the Sea of Japan during cold outbreaks. Western Honshu is home to some of the highest snowfalls anywhere on earth, even at relatively low elevation, as bitter northwesterly winds out of Siberia and northern China flow across the much warmer Sea of Japan.
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

TextFebruary 2, 2012 – CANADA – Snowfall and snow levels are reaching record levels in Alberta and British Columbia in Western Canada. While many other parts of North America are still struggling to fully open all their lifts and runs for winter2011-12 during an unusually dry winter, the West of Canada has been deluged fairly consistently since last autumn. “This month goes down as one of the snowiest January’s on record. There is unbelievable snow conditions at both Fernie and Kicking Horse with total snowfall at both over 19 feet now. Today alone, Fernie has seen over a foot overnight!!” said an excited Matt Mosteller of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies which runs the two centres. Meanwhile a little to the east and north, over the border in Alberta, with over three months left to go in the ski season, Marmot Basin near Jasper has already received over 12 feet (372 cm) of snowfall which is 93% of its annual average. If the next three months produce even typical amounts of snowfall, Marmot Basin will exceed its all time snowfall record of 529 cm set way back in 1965.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Welcome to the world of global weather control.
I don't think it's Global Weather Control,to play with weather it's dangerous,can create imbalances which then can not be restored,it's more like The Earth it's self-regulating.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Even Mexico is suffering from severe weather,

TextFebruary 2, 2012 – MEXICO CITY — A drought that a government official called the most severe Mexico had ever faced has left two million people without access to water and, coupled with a cold snap, has devastated cropland in nearly half of the country. Reports that the Tarahumara were killing themselves in despair over starvation, later proven false, spurred residents of Mexico City to collect food and clothing donations. The government in the past week has authorized $2.63 billion in aid, including potable water, food and temporary jobs for the most affected areas, rural communities in 19 of Mexico’s 31 states. But officials warned that no serious relief was expected for at least another five months, when the rainy season typically begins in earnest. While the authorities say they expect the situation to worsen, one of the five worst-affected states, Zacatecas, got a reprieve on Sunday. Heriberto Félix Guerra, head of the Ministry of Social Development, saw the rain, the first in 17 months, as a guardedly reassuring sign.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are referring to this as a "mini ice age", if you read my thread below, which i posted on the 9th of January, you will see that this change was forecast a while ago...

Europe and Us Be Aware - Winter Is Returning

edit on 3/2/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I read it ,thank you,The only place where is no winter and I hope the weather stays warm is US,but weather is unpredictable these days.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Are you not going to respond to my previous post with the news article talking about hibernating animals coming out too early? If you are going to make a claim, then address the issues that go against it....... Otherwise you are trolling us
All plants and animals instinctively react to temperature changes, probably on long term in case of major changes in weather will be very difficult for them to adapt.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The sad thing about all this is we have alternatives to fossil fuels...I am fairly certain that we currently have a Low Temp. Fusion Generator online NOW. It just ha to be released. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Are you not going to respond to my previous post with the news article talking about hibernating animals coming out too early? If you are going to make a claim, then address the issues that go against it....... Otherwise you are trolling us
All plants and animals instinctively react to temperature changes, probably on long term in case of major changes in weather will be very difficult for them to adapt.

How does any of that support you saying we are in a mini ice age???

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I think you got that backwards. Warm weather usually precedes an ice age, not the other way around.
Could be,first warm weather after that a mini Ice Age,but depend what we understand by mini Ice Age as a period of time,and after that a real Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by jrmcleod

I read it ,thank you,The only place where is no winter and I hope the weather stays warm is US,but weather is unpredictable these days.

The US is in cold weather also, just not as far south as what would be "normally expected". As i posted in that thread, the colder air in the northern US was to be fairly short lived, transiting from West to East over the space of 10 days or so.

Europe is a different kettle of fish. The polar vortex over Greenland destabalised, which was expected, and allowed High Pressure to build and feed over Europe from Russia. This has introduced an Atlantic block that has prevented a lot of mild air from the Atlantic sweeping east. It will begin to change next week though, trust me!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

but a small Ice Age doesn't mean necessary to have winter at once,but first a warm weather and after that a progressive decrease of temperature.

Where do you get that "information"?

Imagination?

The seat of your pants?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join