It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
We're just becoming more sensitive.

Things are always abound to change.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

We're just becoming more sensitive
We are becoming more sensitive as the weather is heading to very strange patterns,and maybe we are feeling the deep change that is about to come.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here in Germany it begins to look better. While it still has -5° at the moment here, the forecasts say it will get up to +5° C in the next few days. In northwestern Germany the weather is already a lot better, with warmer temperatures about 0 - +1° C

It wasn't a Ice Age and there will be no Ice Age, despite what some weird people, who apparently get a kick out of everything bad and people dying, say.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

It wasn't a Ice Age and there will be no Ice Age
It was a Ice Age in the past and I think due to current developments in some parts of the world we might be experience another one.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Weather is going alarmingly to a small Ice Age all over the world.

No respite from the big freeze for Europe Europe’s big freeze has deepened. Fresh snowfalls have swept across parts of the continent, the number of deaths has risen. Authorities in Serbia say three… 12/02/2012 Italy & the Balkans shiver in the big freeze It is only the fourth time in 100 years that central and southern Italy has seen snow, with Romans complaining it is the harshest winter since 1955 at… 11/02/2012
source(www.euronews.net...

"Alarmingly"?

It.
Is.
Winter.

Your quoted source there even says these temps have occurred in Europe several times in the last century.

No ice age.

W I N T E R.

Cold?

Sure.

Colder than last year?

Sure.

Ice age for that reason?

No.
edit on 2/13/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dear ATS society.

I feel I should mention that last night the city of Moscow had temperatures of minus thirty degrees C. That is 'island of heat' included. Around the Moscow County temperatures dropped as low as minus thirty five degrees C! I laid in my bed and I could hear our old, wooden house creak and crack from the sheer cold. Was rather nifty. It's by no means a DooMsday, but still the lowest temperatures I have recorded in my short life here. It's still cold outside tonight, the temperature is -24 and dropping in the clear and frosty night. Though the models show a rapid heating up of the weather the next couple of days. Up to -5C.

And I might be a Russian, but I welcome the 'thawing'. Try going grocery shopping in minus thirty degrees, not a pleasant experience. Many people throughout Russia, Ukraine and Europe have perished from the cold. So while I might not call it an Ice-Age, the weather is abnormally cold and I am curious to what could cause such a freeze. I dug around just a little online and found that the Arctic had something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

I might not call it an Ice-Age, the weather is abnormally cold and I am curious to what could cause such a freeze. I dug around just a little online and found that the Arctic had something to do with it.
Sad to hear about these conditions but still believe that we live in a small ice age and there are many signs that show this, I hope poor people to escape safely.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
No ICE AGE?

TextALGIERS -- The freezing weather that has been affecting Algeria since February 3 is continuing, with shortages of basic necessities prevailing in the affected areas. According to a communique from the National Gendarmerie, 38 roads were blocked because of the heavy and constant snowfall, leaving a number of villages in the northern mountainous areas isolated. Aside from shortage of food and heating gas, these areas are also experiencing power outages. Since the unprecedented bad weather started, the death toll in Algeria has risen to 48. Among the fatalities, 30 were killed in road accidents while 14 succumbed to gas asphyxiation due to leaking, defective heating systems, or the use of non-standard fireplaces. So far, there have been no reports of deaths among the homeless, except for two teens who froze to death in Chelata locality in upper Bejaia province.
source(www.ubalert.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
No ICE AGE?

TextALGIERS -- The freezing weather that has been affecting Algeria since February 3 is continuing, with shortages of basic necessities prevailing in the affected areas. According to a communique from the National Gendarmerie, 38 roads were blocked because of the heavy and constant snowfall, leaving a number of villages in the northern mountainous areas isolated. Aside from shortage of food and heating gas, these areas are also experiencing power outages. Since the unprecedented bad weather started, the death toll in Algeria has risen to 48. Among the fatalities, 30 were killed in road accidents while 14 succumbed to gas asphyxiation due to leaking, defective heating systems, or the use of non-standard fireplaces. So far, there have been no reports of deaths among the homeless, except for two teens who froze to death in Chelata locality in upper Bejaia province.
source(www.ubalert.com...

Dude, why do you even make threads if you don't bother to listen to any of the feedback you get? Ever.

No offense dude but a lot of your posts are borderline psychotic...

It's great that you have your own little theories and all, but when you post threads with the title "Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?" and then get numerous amounts of posts explaining that it is NOT COLD everywhere in the world, that it's NOT an ice age, IGNORE them, and then keep posting completely irrelevant information, it kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion on a public forum.

LISTEN to what people are telling you. There is not an ice age, it is WINTER. There is winter EVERY year. Some winters happen to be colder than other winters and this differs depending on location. It has always been this way, and will always be this way.

We are not in an ice age, just get over it man.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
In terms of costs,

Economists said damage from the cold weather may cost the country more than 500 million euros ($660 million). More than 2,000 industrial businesses have been idled to limit the strain on coal-fired power plants and hydropower plants, which were struggling because of the buildup of ice. The government also ordered the closure of all schools and non-essential businesses until February 20. Port authorities for Serbian sections of the Danube, Sava and Tisa rivers halted navigation due to a heavy buildup of ice. For the first time in decades, parts of the Black Sea has frozen near its shores, while the Kerch Strait that links the Azov Sea and the Black Sea has been closed to navigation. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ ex]source(www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

There is not an ice age
Is this the Arctic?...No,it's an Ice Age.

source(www.dailymail.co.uk... ratures-40C.html

You would be forgiven for thinking these stunning vistas lay deep in the heart of Antarctica. But they are, in fact, what has become of the European landscape as temperatures plummet to nearly -40C - the coldest snap in decades. Rivers, lakes, beaches and even seas have been iced over by a Siberian freeze, creating some incredible sights, but also more tales of tragedy. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ ex]source(www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Maybe scientists are better then me.

..  Headed for a Grand Solar Minimum And a Grand Cooling! 21 Jun 10 - Email from Dr. John van Kampen Prof. dr. Cees de Jager is a prominent astronomer and solar expert and former head of the Utrecht University Observatory "Zonneberg" - The Netherlands. He claims (and has been doing so for a long time already) that we are bound for a long period of very low solar activity. He and his colleagues think we are headed for a "long Grand Minimum" - either a Gleisberg or a Maunder Minimum - "not shorter than a century." A sunspot of cycle 23 (equator) and first sunspot of cycle 24 (top). (4 Jan 08). This means, but is not explicitly expressed by Dr. de Jager, that we are bound for a grand cooling. I know Prof. de Jager in person and I have great respect for his scientific and skeptical attitudes. If he says so, it will appear so. I have no reason to doubt his expertise - I never have! Best regards, Dr. John van Kampen mcij Granada Spain
source(www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You show me a picture of snow, thin enough where the ground can still be seen, and call it an ice age.
You show me something written years ago, saying we "are bound for a solar minimum" and claim we are in an ice age. You are completely incoherent.

I'm not sure why you lack basic common sense but you really don't merit any further response because you seem incapable of coherent intelligent discussion. I just felt I needed to get that point across. Obviously didn't work.

Peace
edit on 2-14-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I live in New England it has snowed twice... and no more than 2 inches... and it will be in the 50's this week. today is 47. Not cold every where. The reason the winter is so bad in europe is from the Jetstream it has shifted, and it shifts all the time so its not the end of the word or a change for ever. 2010 it was lower and produced very cold and lots of snow in New England..

Your post are really out there man.. You need to read the news and the weather reports and the trade winds/jetstream pages. As the other poster said its great you have your own theories but you should be open and realistic. IM sorry its colder than normal where you are if that is the case. But I can assure you it is not and ICE AGE. If your cold homie you can come kick with me in New England it's going to be 52 F tomorrow. Other wise, be reasonable to other people who are trying to reply to your post.

Trick

edit on 14-2-2012 by EmceeTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

You show me a picture of snow
Where it shouldn't be ..at this magnitude of events.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

You need to read the news

Coldest night of the winter as temperatures plummet to -18°C England has shivered through the coldest night of the winter after temperatures plummeted to sub-zero readings - even on the Fahrenheit scale. The snow in Old Amersham, Buckinghamshire in the Chiltern Hills Photo: Andrew Crowley By David Barrett3:39PM GMT 10 Feb 2012 242 Comments Meteorologists said the temperature had fallen to -0.04F (-17.8C) in Chesham, Bucks, during the early hours of Saturday morning and was expected to plunge even lower as the icy weather continued to grip large areas of Britain.
source(www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
nothing unusual here in Poland - we had such winters in the past
few last were quite warm but I remember 80s and early 90s quite harsh winters
it all changed late 90s and lasted almost till now - ppl just get used to it and now are OMG doom!

my grandparents told me how it was before - they few times had whole homes under the snow and even experienced snow in summer once

you are not to bright mate, you see the facts but cant interpret em lol

African snow? happens - happend in XX century and it happens every few dekades

we had colder winters, more snow and snow in Africa, India, Rome, Spain, Mexico, Arabia, India etc
read some sources mate - you dont know much (or take only those of your likin)
edit on 14-2-2012 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by heretic013

we had such winters in the past
Not at this scale with weather conditions worsening all over the world with so many people dying in civilized countries and more to come.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I don't know if this is a mini ice age but it sure feels like one where I am. I live in Zitouna, Skikda, Algeria (I'm originally Canadian so thank God I am used to snow). We have had no power for the better part of 2 weeks, today the power was off from 11:30 am and just came back on half an hour ago, for how long, I don't know, we are completely snowed in here, no incoming or outgoing traffic as there is no such thing as a snowplow here or salting or sanding, the only thing we wait for is the military to clear the roads however way they are going to, on top of it all cause the road to our town winds around the edge of a mountain, you have to drive very carefully around fallen chunks of earth, and where the road has collapsed if you do take the risk of driving, mind you without snowtires either. Gas is the only source of heat we can use right now, cause of the power outages, and you can only use them for short bursts at a time or you risk dying from inhalation. Normally people rely on local sources of fresh food, now we are experiencing shortages, and the price of flour has skyrocketed to make bread due to gas price increases and demand. All of this because people here have seen snow only a few times in like 50 years (not prepared), not for 2 feet like we had dumped a week ago or the continuous snowing since then. I wanted to attach a personal picture I took, but I don't know how, it shows the amount of snow piling on my cactus flowers, the olive, lemon and orange trees under snow, all the winter crops we just planted before the snow that normally grows at this time of year, ie. potato, onion, corn, and peas under a good foot of snow as we speak with more on its way. We are a Mediteranean climate normally, not full on minus zero and piles of snow. Definitely not normal.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I must admit I only read the OP, but I have to say I live in northern NY where we average what is scientifically referred to as "an ass load" of snow every winter. This winter, we've had about 6" and that includes the freak storm back in October. I think we've only dropped to single digit temps maybe 3 times.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join