It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
How can it be an 'ice age' when we haven't had the 'age' bit?
As the glaciers and the Ice cap is melting and migrating,forming new poles of cold the oceans currents are blocking the hot air getting inland for some continents while others are experiencing warm weather ,we are moving fast to a small Ice age,and all of this corroborated with increasing volcanic activity that can block the sun rays,sun which is to a minimum activity right now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I live in Davidson Michigan.
I will start by saying ,do some research before claiming "colder everywhere".

Your conclusion or statement, could not be further from the truth here in Michigan. My boyfriend just bought us new snowmobiles at the beginning of December...

We have not been able to ride them one single time. Our lakes, that are normally frozen solid by mid december, are nearly all wide open.

The average temp in years past, this time of year, is somewhere near 10F... We are averaging 40 to 50 during the day. This is not normal for this area.

Our state relies on the snowboarders, snowmobiles and winter sports enthusiasts to stay in business...

I am not sure what exactly is going on, but it isn't normal, and certainly isn't cold, or colder than normal.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

definitely an ice age...
Is not necessarily linked to sudden temperature changes, and not uniform but is a process much more complex and difficult to understand.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

We have not been able to ride them one single time. Our lakes, that are normally frozen solid by mid december, are nearly all wide open.
It's very good to have warm temperature,but is this normal?I ask my self many times with fear what could come after,anyway the important thing is to enjoy this beautiful weather as long as it stay.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

thank you for the reply , and i had considered that but i think there must be more to it .

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

i think there must be more to it
I don't know what more could be,I try to give a decent explanation,more could be the way we destroyed the environment and the planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Joking?

I live in Michigan... Not because i am stuck here, but because I absolutely LOVE the winters....

Enjoy this weather?? If you mean 40 to 50 gray, brown landscape without snow or ice... I'll pass on enjoying this.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Not because i am stuck here, but because I absolutely LOVE the winters..
Some love winters,some love warm weather,we cannot have it all,but maybe very soon you will have the winter you desire.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are dramatizing.. there is no Global Warming, nor Ice Age. There is however Global Weather Change, a result of the natural change of the Earth.

Temperatures and the heavy snowing happen from time to time over the years, nothing unusual. Also I love snow and winter more than summer, so may there be always winter with LOTS OF SNOW.

However I will share that I have had dreams of cataclysms, most of my regular-life-related dreams come true, sometimes it is what I will see in the future. Dreams do tell more than you give them credit for.. even for 1 of my dreams there is a connection and the dream was years ago:

We are surrounded by mountains, one mountain of ours has once been a volcano. I've had dream of how it is again active volcano and my city is destroyed...

I've had a dream how my city is underwater and me and family climb up in the mountains to avoid the increasing water level that already reached higher lands - I found that impossible and would say 'oh this time is incosistency in my dream' because we are far away from oceans or seas.

Then I realized as we had such disaster in another part of the country - RIVERS - the constant snowing and eventual melting would lead to huge amounts of water, the river waters may raise and go out of their banks. When they do, they can flood the low lands - EVEN THIS DREAM WAS ACTUAL.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I've had a dream how my city is underwater and me and family climb up in the mountains to avoid the increasing water level that already reached higher lands
Water usually means ,something about financial loses or financial crises,I think.

You are dramatizing..
I wish

TextTemperatures and the heavy snowing happen from time to time over the years, nothing unusual.
Not like recent snows,low temperatures, floods and very unusual weather with high temperatures in different parts the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not like recent snows,low temperatures, floods and very unusual weather with high temperatures in different parts the world.

Can you show that these things have never happened before?

I think not.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yes but these things are literal, we had a disaster in another part of the country where the dam broke and the water flooded 2 villages and destroyed them... Since I'm in a city located in a valley away from seas and oceans but with enough rivers, now I realize why I dreamed water in it when I thought it would be impossible, well I didn;t consider rivers. I know that dreams for others symbolize, for me they are what they depict and they do happen..

In addition, another 2 dreams one with falling meteorite which shockwave blasted me away felt very real and another dream of walking in a sea without water just sand - also happening but this is more like the future,

So, rivers and seas could be losing water, in summers, this planet is more like going in the direction of a desert like Mars than Ice age

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

also happening but this is more like the future,
We dream many things and many of them may never happen.

So, rivers and seas could be losing water, in summers, this planet is more like going in the direction of a desert like Mars than Ice age

These days I see the winter it's beginning to show everywhere,in some places very late winter and I hope things will not go in a way of a small ice age.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I pay attention to those that do and while it may have no meaning to you or most people, the few I dream from time to time DO happen... It's only a matter of time but they represent real things that I checked match the future - 2028-29, our mountain was a volcano, waters can flood around, it all is technically possible. This isnt about the dreams that make no sense, but those that are quite related to reality.

But it's sadly not Ice Age, simply climate change - no global warming, no ice age just bigger temperature amplitdes

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

But it's sadly not Ice Age, simply climate change - no global warming, no ice age just bigger
We can not feel an ice age so fast even if it happens it is progressive.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It's only a matter of time but they represent real things that I checked match the future - 2028-29, our mountain was a volcano, waters can flood around, it all is technically possible.
It's very possible that that future may not exist,.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Still I think we are experiencing a small Ice Age.

TextThick ice closed vast swathes of the Danube on Thursday, crippling shipping on Europe's busiest waterway, as the death toll from bitter cold across the continent rose to at least 460. As it has every day for nearly two weeks, the brutal cold claimed lives in several countries and killed dozens more in weather-related accidents. The 2,860-kilometre (1,780-mile) Danube, which flows through 10 countries and is vital for transport, power, irrigation, industry and fishing, was wholly or partially blocked from Austria to its mouth on the Black Sea. Navigation was impossible or restricted in Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Austria, as ice covered the river or formed dangerous floes in shipping lanes. An official from the Serbian economy ministry said the commercial repercussions "could be very bad", while infrastructure ministry official Pavle Galico said shipping would not resume for 10 days. Bulgarian authorities, who have banned all navigation on the river, reported 224 vessels stuck in ports, and Ukrainian rescuers in Croatia reached three crew members on a ship trapped in the ice since Friday.
source(news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Winter is returning

source(www.intellicast.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Winter is returning

Know why?

It never went away...

IT'S WINTER.

Not an ice age.

Good grief.

edit on 2/12/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Weather is going alarmingly to a small Ice Age all over the world.

No respite from the big freeze for Europe Europe’s big freeze has deepened. Fresh snowfalls have swept across parts of the continent, the number of deaths has risen. Authorities in Serbia say three… 12/02/2012 Italy & the Balkans shiver in the big freeze It is only the fourth time in 100 years that central and southern Italy has seen snow, with Romans complaining it is the harshest winter since 1955 at… 11/02/2012
source(www.euronews.net...

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join