It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Having lived all around that area for quit a bit of my life this sounds very normal to me, and my hearing is so good i could hear a cockroach fart (not meant to offend any cockroach's, full disclosure I have been know to fart on occasion however i don't think you have recorded that this time..... lol though someone might have smelled it.) All joking aside though sounds like a prop plane. I was waiting for it to take off but you stoped the recording before the sound ended. So for this, Guess this sound round i would say .... a plane on a runway is my answer. Oh also... not that i believe it was the source of the sound because it appeared to be pretty dark in your video but there is a rather large wind tunnel on the base at dobbins (haven't hear it run since i was a kid but im sure they still fire it up from time to time) plus 3 other airports within a stones throw of KMGE.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Are Sky sounds really a new phenomenon?
My first experience with this phenomenon was when I was 19 years of age in 1995. I was in a state forest one night with two other people, when this strange noise could be heard moving slowly up the side of the mountain we were standing on. At first the two men I was with though it was a logging truck coming up the one road on the mountain but I knew the noise was no logging truck and told them so from the time we first heard the noise.(I grew up in a logging family and had never heard anything like that before.) As the noise came closer to us, they soon changed their minds as it soon became very clear that what was making the noise was no truck and was moving towards us very slowly and whatever it was, was moving along the tree line and not the road. Finally when the noise reached us we all found ourselves looking at the sky waiting to see what it was but whatever it was we could not see as it was cloaked. After it had passed overhead we continued to hear it move up the side of the mountain. The noise was so loud that I could hear a ringing sound in my ears for over two weeks. Around 6 years later one of the men that was there that night had another experience with this phenomenon in another state forest but this time in a different state.Over the last 4 months I have heard this noise over the top of my house twice. I wake up to the noise as it move over the top of our house. One was so loud that it made all the windows shake as it went over – you can hear the sound coming through the roof. The last time i heard it was on the 26th of Jan around 2am and I am not the only one to hear the sounds... the neighbor across the road also was woken by the noise too. I'm not sure if this is the same noise everyone i hearing or if it is something different.

edit on 26-1-2012 by stazzie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Working at Point Mugu Cali I can relate that sound to what the OP said. Prop planes. Being around E2, C130, P3's all day long, I can relate that sound to it. But I think from that distance he was a single plane wouldn't produce enough noise for that. If you had multiple planes flying with each other, even above clouds you would think you would be able to pick up some kind of blinking lights, whether on the wings, nose, or tail of the air plane at any given time.
I think it's time we start bombarding the new stations, and our friendly American government for a reasonable explanation to this "phenomenon"

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Okay, so I live in Michigan. I've been reading some things about the 'sky sounds' or whatever you want to call them. It's currently raining here, but I swear I can hear planes or something circling around. It's about 9:30 (pm) right now and the sounds have been going on for about half an hour. I live about an hour away from the nearest airport, so I know it's not a plane just sitting on the runway or anything. There's really no heavy machinery around here, it's all farmland, so that's out too. I've heard these sounds before tonight, but only at night when it's cloudy out. I've always just tried to pass it off as planes or a car or something, but now I'm beginning to think it's a bit more than that.

And planes pass over this area all the time, but it sounds nothing like a normal plane.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Vasa Croe

In reading about the events of the 90s it seems like they tried to rule out most conventional sources like mining equip, planes, power-grid related etc so perhaps if we can find out if these new locations contain any of these things we can begin to narrow the suspects.

Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 571–595, 2004
edit on 26-1-2012 by NihilistSanta because: Added source

Thanks for this journal. I haven't read it all yet but it is really informative. The loss of electricity and electrical appliance disruption at times of some of these sounds correlates well with solar flare activity. Solar Storms are always going on but peak every 11 years with intensity leading up to the peak times. I am reading to see how well the dates mentioned match up with solar storm cycles.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Don't hear anything more than a highway through a forest breaking up the sound.

next please.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by Furbs

Do you really think people care that much about some strange sounds to record them, that they wouldn't just shrug them off as something natural?

Don't assume everyone is an ATS or youtube member.

Okay, I won't.

40% of Americans use Youtube.
If we cut that down to 40% of Atlanta, 160,000 people.
1 in 3 Americans have cell phones.
1/3 of 160,000 is 56,000 people.

So, of the population of Atlanta, we have narrowed down the amount of citizens that both have a smart phone and are youtube users to 56,000 people.

56% of Americans believe UFOs are something more than Unidentified Flying Objects. (I have a problem with that figure, so I will even cut it in half, for the sake of argument, to 28%)

28% of the 56,000 Youtube Viewers that own smartphones is..15,680

Of the 15,680 people in Atlanta that believe in aliens, use youtube, and have smart phones..

..why SHOULDN'T I expect more videos if this is a REAL phenomenon?

edit on 26-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I posted this in a similar thread yesterday. Please check out my opinion on what I believe these sounds are by clicking the link below.

LINK

For the lazy people that think clicking is painful...
here is my summation.

Solar activity coupled with a weakening of the Earth's magnetic field are allowing sounds from outer space to actually be heard by us. Whether or not this bodes ill for Humans personally I don't know but, I have seen a correlation between the sun's activity and the reports of strange sounds.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagittarian69

Good info. I did not correlate the solar activity going on with this occurrence but this could possibly explain some of the pre-1940 accounts from the paper I posted in a previous link.

I also ran into a theory which I can not remember much of at the moment regarding meteors. Which I know there has been recent meteor activity so a possible correlation? Kind of makes me think of Tunguska as well, don't know why probably just a tangent but throwing it out there.

However I still maintain that this is either a man made phenomenon or a result of persons with a certain sensitivity to certain waves as a result of man made activity but again just a guess. I tried searching for news clips from the Hueytown incident online but could not find any but I recall at the time that the event was able to
be picked up by the news crew because I witnessed that from the airings firsthand so that would kind of exclude the theory about sensitivity unless they are unrelated events.

Side note: I lol'd at the reference to wrapping the heads of subjects with tin foil in the paper from the journal link I posted earlier.

edit on 26-1-2012 by NihilistSanta because: side note

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
to my fellow posters in ATL

GO OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

We are in North Carolina. For several months now we have heard some sounds that I really can't explain. It is even hard to actually describe the sound. I would describe it as almost a rumble, but very far off. Last night we heard it and even though it sounded very far away, I felt that concussion feel in my ear you get if you have ever been near an explosion. It was a very brief feeling but enough to make me flinch. Just really strange

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
seems like it's over, at least on the east side here

my neighbor/friend texted me again saying the noises were happening again (and this guy doesn't know about or follow anything about the sounds or this site, etc, although when i found this thread today i gave him a general background on it) what's strange is that he was hearing loud banging sounds in addition to the weird tones in the sky. i heard no banging but the tones tonight were like on a long loop, i took one video but i think the noises from I-78 with wet pavement drowned out the tones coming from the sky

i'll post something once i edit my voice out of it, i'm curious to hear it myself

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oleus

my neighbor/friend texted me again saying the noises were happening again (and this guy doesn't know about or follow anything about the sounds or this site, etc, although when i found this thread today i gave him a general background on it) what's strange is that he was hearing loud banging sounds in addition to the weird tones in the sky. i heard no banging but the tones tonight were like on a long loop, i took one video but i think the noises from I-78 with wet pavement drowned out the tones coming from the sky

i'll post something once i edit my voice out of it, i'm curious to hear it myself

Please do!!

This 'noise' phenomenon has me so fascinated lately!! I anxiously await to hear it in Memphis, although a relative says she has.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by oleus

Please do!!

This 'noise' phenomenon has me so fascinated lately!! I anxiously await to hear it in Memphis, although a relative says she has.

the sound i heard here last fall was constant for about 45 minutes and just shut off, this one was different and fluctuated

every minute or two it would have a peak. almost like a ton of planes took off from the air force base NW of town.....so either a lot of really fast jets took off from atlanta tonight, or something else!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
40% of Americans use Youtube.
If we cut that down to 40% of Atlanta, 160,000 people.
1 in 3 Americans have cell phones.
1/3 of 160,000 is 56,000 people.

So, of the population of Atlanta, we have narrowed down the amount of citizens that both have a smart phone and are youtube users to 56,000 people.

56% of Americans believe UFOs are something more than Unidentified Flying Objects. (I have a problem with that figure, so I will even cut it in half, for the sake of argument, to 28%)

28% of the 56,000 Youtube Viewers that own smartphones is..15,680

Of the 15,680 people in Atlanta that believe in aliens, use youtube, and have smart phones..

..why SHOULDN'T I expect more videos if this is a REAL phenomenon?

edit on 26-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

You know, I think pretty much by now since the 12th there is enough video/audio evidence to finally say it's time to knock off the skeptic [SNIP] already. Despite the fact your super sleuth mathematics flaws logically under assumptions, there are already a plethora of people posting precisely what the original poster percepts. So can we proceed?

Thanks
edit on Fri Jan 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I spoke to a physics professor and he said that when a weather inversion occurs, sound waves generated from the ground can actually echo off of warmer atmosphere at higher altitudes and travel great distances. He used the term acoustic mirage. While he felt this was the most likely explanation he admitted to not having experienced the phenomena first hand and that this was only scientifically and statistically the MOST LIKELY explanation. Not the ONLY explanation. The dear professor wishes to remain anonymous due to time constraints.

I agree this could explain some of the strange repetitive echo distant howling noises, but definitely not the Archangel Gabriel getting pissed off at the world noises.

The Professor also referred me to this web site for some reference information.

www.sfu.ca...
edit on 26-1-2012 by CCLLCCLL because: Post Script:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ok the video definitely has the sound on it, unfortunately i also sound like a total dumbass in the clip.

i'm posting it now but it's :16 seconds in..i was recording in my front yard on a dark street/cul de sac and there is zero visual context and the sound is really only audible with headphones so this won't even rate as a "good" video, just want you guys to know i wasn't full of crap

the sound was much more distinct in person

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
and my neighbor less than a half mile away keeps hearing booms i am not

my video is "processing" on youtube

:16 seconds in like an elephant in the sky, although the video does it little justice

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2012 by oleus because: (no reason given)

like i said, :16 seconds in for people with headphones. sounded better in person.
edit on 26-1-2012 by oleus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thank God you're an ATS member! And since 2007! What luck you have to encounter these sounds. What an ear!

Oh, question. How many people live in Atlanta?
edit on 26-1-2012 by yamother44 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join