It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Not sure what you're getting at here? Are you insuating that the woman shares an equal guilt to her rapist?

No.

A woman who has been raped and becomes pregnant has not given consent to the violent violation against her body. Natural biology is not a sentence when science has the ability to rectify, in some small way, the trauma. She shares no responsibility of guilt simply because of anatomy.

You're confusing guilt with responibility. Responsibility isn't something that you can always pick or choose.

God gave us brains to overcome harsh weather, famine and disease, why not over procreation?

God gave us brains so we could fool ourselves that some "legal" term would make it okay to kill unborn babies also.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Why should someone HAVE to take responsibility to "have and raise a child" that they don't want?

Biology. Women have the responsibility because they are the only ones that can produce life. Spreading ones legs is not an invouluntary act.
It is deliberate.

And ejaculation is involuntary, knee jerk unconsciousness that obsolves male responsibility?

As for rape? Like I previously stated, why should the child be punished by death for something that wasn't his/her fault?

There is no "punishment" for an unconscious, gelatinous blob of dividing cells.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then let me ask you this....If a woman has an abortion to save her life, is it ok?....or should the death of both be prefered?

edit on 25-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Really now?

The Government has the right to tell me what drugs to take what food to eat they control the air and land and the materials that go into our homes.

The Government dictates the personal lives of every American so when is Government gone too far?

It has for decades people defend Roe V Wade but the do not hold the same standards to other issues.

Can't have it both ways and those other issues are totally acceptable abortion is not.

edit on 25-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by beezzer

Then let me ask you this....If a woman has an abortion to save her life, is it ok?....or should the death of both be prefered.

A moral dilema and a personal one. Countless stories are avaliable that describe cases where a mother brought to term and dies, as well as an unborn baby dying so that the mother could live.
Which life has more value?
More potential?

You provided the scenario, provide details.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

God gave us brains so we could fool ourselves that some "legal" term would make it okay to kill unborn babies also.

I don't like your god. You think that taking control over ones biology, and telling nature, "Oh no you don't" is a sin. Is your god the same one that created a hell for us too?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

How is it not black and white? The process of life has been started and is in development. When the decision is made to end the life process, what would you call that?

Killing, termination, murder, abortion, choice.....whatever....it all means the same thing is happening. You are wilfully ending the process of life that has begun by your own hand

Now, how you justify that to yourself is another matter......but you might as well call the kettle black and not bulls**t yourself

My girlfriend and I have done this.......and this is the conclusion we have come to about our action......we decided to end the process of life, plain and simple......and we both regret it once we could admit the truth to ourselves. For myself.....it is morally wrong.....but that is me......how anyone else views it is not up to me.......as a poster above said.....if people want to do it....people are gonna do it....regardless of the "law"

I do not view others who think differently are bad, wrong or evil......just humans trying to get by in this crazy world. But I do think you have to tell yourself the truth....as there is no benefit to do otherwise.....plus...then you can make a correct judgement of your own actions/inactions

Love to all.....

link   
I will ask the question again since i got no answer. It is directed mostly at Neo96 and Beezer.

There is a good chance that the majority of these aborted, unwanted children would end up in government programs if they were born. Dont you think its hippocritical to constantly complain about entitlement programs but then turn around and demand that millions of unwanted children be born to mothers that possibly cant afford it?

I wonder who will pay for all these extra children and who will be complaining about it?

link   

Why should be killing human life with no mind (unsentient life) wrong? I dont see anything wrong or immoral with killing unsentient life, regardless of its genetic code. You have not justified why it should be wrong.
No mind, no person, no victim, no crime.

Victimless acts should not be illegal.

edit on 25/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by beezzer

Then let me ask you this....If a woman has an abortion to save her life, is it ok?....or should the death of both be prefered.

A moral dilema and a personal one. Countless stories are avaliable that describe cases where a mother brought to term and dies, as well as an unborn baby dying so that the mother could live.
Which life has more value?
More potential?

You provided the scenario, provide details.

What? Then you will make the moral judgement for us?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I don't like your god. You think that taking control over ones biology, and telling nature, "Oh no you don't" is a sin. Is your god the same one that created a hell for us too?

Bull. I stated the opposite.

Sex is NOT an invouluntary act.

It is a deliberate one.

If you aren't man or woman enough to take responsibility for your actions, keep your damned pants on!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A moral dilema and a personal one.

That is the whole point.....................it's a personal issue...in all cases.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you aren't man or woman enough to take responsibility for your actions, keep your damned pants on!

Well said..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

There is no "punishment" for an unconscious, gelatinous blob of dividing cells.

......That will become a full human being.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake
I will ask the question again since i got no answer. It is directed mostly at Neo96 and Beezer.

Okay.

There is a good chance that the majority of these aborted, unwanted children would end up in government programs if they were born.

Prove it.

Dont you think its hippocritical to constantly complain about entitlement programs but then turn around and demand that millions of unwanted children be born to mothers that possibly cant afford it?

False statement backed by unsupported allegations.

I wonder who will pay for all these extra children and who will be complaining about it?

I'm wondering if you're going to make up stuff some more.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Bull. I stated the opposite.

Sex is NOT an invouluntary act.

It is a deliberate one.

Again, a simplistic, black and white, narrow minded, unrealistic, "holier than thou" judgmental and intolerant argument.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Why should be killing human life with no mind (unsentient life) wrong? I dont see anything wrong or immoral with killing unsentient life, regardless of its genetic code. You have not justified why it should be wrong.
No mind, no person, no victim, no crime.

Victimless acts should not be illegal.

Unsentient life? Isn't that what you are? I mean, as part of your life cycle, you were unthinking. Would it be okay to kill you because that was a part of your life cycle?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The responsible act could very well be to have an abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join