It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If a storm tears off part of your roof, it wasn't planned, yet people take responsibility to fix the roof.

If a rock flies up and cracks your window while you're driving, it wasn't planned, yet people take responsibility to see that the window is fixed.

If a woman finds herself pregnant and she didn't want to be, she can abort (kill) the baby.

So apparently, a car, a home, is more important than a life. People don't destroy their home because of what the storm did. People don't trash their cars because of what a rock did.

Yet people needlessly kill in order to avoid that responsibility because society and government said it was okay.

Responsibility isn't something we can just vouluntarily accept. Sometimes, responsibility is thrust upon us.
edit on 26-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

You can't compare inanimate objects to humans.
Humans cannot be repaired and replaced like objects can be.
Example:
If there is an ectopic pregnancy, you have to abort, unless you want the mother AND baby to die.
You cannot "fix" a pregnancy.

I think a lot of people misunderstand the abortion topic.
Do people really think women are happy and willing to do such things to themselves (and their potential children)? Do you think they just move on and forget about it and start screwing like rabbits again? Do you think it is painless?

Food for thought: if a woman stands up for herself and says no to sex, IT GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN MOST STATES!

Get off your high horses and pedestals and get real. Abortion is legal for a good reason, if you don't like it, tough, no one is making you like it, but that doesn't mean you can go around insulting and degrading others who do not agree with your opinions.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
You can't compare inanimate objects to humans.

Of course I can. Since people appear to hold more value in an inanimate object than a human life.

Humans cannot be repaired and replaced like objects can be.
Example:
If there is an ectopic pregnancy, you have to abort, unless you want the mother AND baby to die.
You cannot "fix" a pregnancy.

How about normal pregancies that are terminated.

I think a lot of people misunderstand the abortion topic.

No. It's about the justification of killing an unborn baby. Abdicate responsibility and tap dance all you want.

Do people really think women are happy and willing to do such things to themselves (and their potential children)?

Lets ask the 55 million dead babies.

Do you think they just move on and forget about it and start screwing like rabbits again? Do you think it is painless?

Who cares?

Food for thought: if a woman stands up for herself and says no to sex, IT GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN MOST STATES!

Huh. . . WHAT? Little thing called birth control or taking responsibility for your actions.

Get off your high horses and pedestals and get real. Abortion is legal for a good reason, if you don't like it, tough, no one is making you like it, but that doesn't mean you can go around insulting and degrading others who do not agree with your opinions.

Not insulting or degrading. Just pointing out the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Way to deflect my questions by attempting to break down my post with your judgement.

I agree people are responsible for themselves, thats one major reason why abortion is legal. They are taking responsibility in taking care of the problem (as unsavory as the outcome may be) THEMSELVES. They are putting their own interests before your narrow minded opinion.

Not everything is so black and white, right and wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Way to deflect my questions by attempting to break down my post with your judgement.

I agree people are responsible for themselves, thats one major reason why abortion is legal. They are taking responsibility in taking care of the problem (as unsavory as the outcome may be) THEMSELVES. They are putting their own interests before your narrow minded opinion.

They are taking responsibility, taking care of their pregnancy like people taking care of working by going on unemployment.

Avoiding responsibility is NOT a responsibility!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
And you Americans are still wondering what are all the Bull**** happening in your country, go ahead support abortion, your country is all fuc*** up anyway already, and that even came from your own words.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And most of you claims that you Americans lives in a 1st world country with high values and morals! And yet you support abortion! Even people in 3rd world countries knows abortion are inhuman! Im not anti American but as an Asian I want to tell you those who support Abortion are so disgusting you make me vomit! This are some of the reasons why people from othe countries look at you people as garbage!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Now I am no biologist or conception expert, but it seems to me that fetus cannot develope outside the womans womb. Which means it's alive along as it stay's in the womb and matures into a full term baby, which means all that time it;s dependent upon the mother.

At birth, the baby takes it's first breath,"breath of life". It now can exist outside the womb breathing it's own air. Now it seems to me that's when it starts. At the first breath of life.

So are you saying you support late term abortions? Right up to the due date...as long as the baby hasn't been "born" yet???

Newborn babies are quite dependent on their mothers...they aren't viable on their own for quite a few years...I guess we should just allow the murder of newborns...you know...if the women decides it's going to interfere with her life.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm willing to debate anyone in the debate forums on when the biological life of a human being begins.

I say conception...you can choose your position.

I have asked this in multiple abortion threads over the years...no one has accepted...I wonder why???

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

"as an Asian I want to tell you those who support Abortion are so disgusting you make me vomit!"

news.bbc.co.uk...

Run along and troll elsewhere, child.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm willing to debate anyone in the debate forums on when the biological life of a human being begins.

I have asked this in multiple abortion threads over the years...no one has accepted...I wonder why???

Irrelevant. I accept it is death of life. And a woman's right to choose. You really think a woman makes this choice out of some belief that there is not a living thing growing in her? You must try to be more sensitive and less narrow minded.
edit on 27-1-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
And most of you claims that you Americans lives in a 1st world country with high values and morals! And yet you support abortion! Even people in 3rd world countries knows abortion are inhuman! Im not anti American but as an Asian I want to tell you those who support Abortion are so disgusting you make me vomit! This are some of the reasons why people from othe countries look at you people as garbage!

The same garbage you treat your own children as (one child policy)? You are disgusted by abortion yet I bet if you see a girl child begging on the street you will just walk on by without another thought...

BTW I do not support LATE TERM abortions. I am pro choice (as in people have a right to choose). Every situation is different, so I support the right for women to choose.
edit on 27/1/2012 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

A good percentage of FERTILIZED eggs are actually expelled by the woman's body after they fail to cling to the Uterine wall. So what are we gonna charge those women who have natural miscarriages with involuntary manslaughter?

Pro-life folks can debate about fetus' if they want but a single fertilized cell, or even after it's made a few cell divisions, should not have rights that trump the rights of the woman. We're dealing with a few cells here, more life is destroyed when I bleed from a paper cut.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

A man can jizz millions of sperm into a napkin and make millions of
little lives, that's a fact; why not harass masturbating teenagers?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

If you don't masterbate for 9 months, an infant will not emerge from your testicles.

If you don't abort a tiny growing infant in a mothers womb, an infant WILL emerge.

See the difference now?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
eeeeesh
edit on 27-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Going with repealing Roe v Wade and going with states rights because that is the ultimate compromise and it is what is CONSTITUTIONAL.

Pro-choicers want to legalize abortion and Pro-lifers want the opposite, neither side will be happy as long as the ruling BENEFITS them.

As a Ron Paul supporter, hearing an liberal say Ron Paul wants to leave it up to states rights claiming it is against civil rights but then supports Obama violating OTHER civil rights but as long as they benefit from Roe v Wade, they aren't complaining.

All BS reasoning.

My take on it is, either we lift the ban on ALL anti-civil rights legislation or NONE and let the states vote on it per the Constitution. You cannot have your cake and eat it too unless you support the lifting of all anti-civil rights legislation.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

You keep talking about being "sentient". And now you are arguing that killing something that isn't "sentient" isn't murder.

dictionary.reference.com...

sen·tient   /ˈsɛnʃənt/ Show Spelled[sen-shuhnt] Show IPA
adjective
1. having the power of perception by the senses; conscious.
2. characterized by sensation and consciousness.
noun
3. a person or thing that is sentient.
4. Archaic . the conscious mind.

There are many situations where mature humans lose their "sentience". I could drug you to the point to where you are no longer "sentient". You may lose your sentience from a sever blow to the head. You may drink yourself into a coma, hence losing sentience per the definition.

Does that give me the right to kill you while you are in that state?
edit on 25-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I m talking about the presence of mind, not consciousness in its normal sense. You still have mind inside you when you sleep or are in a coma (otherwise when you wake up, you will wake up as a different/new person, or not at all). "Paused" mind is still mind, which is encoded in the neural network of you brain. Only braindeath erases the mind (necrosis of the neural network), and then I am OK with killing.

I am my mind. Cogito ergo sum. Non cogito ergo sum non.

You still have not justified why should we protect mindless life at the expense of already sentient life. It is so absurd to me like suggesting we should protect rocks or plants (because they too have a potential to one day develop into a sentient race).

edit on 27/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

If you don't masterbate for 9 months, an infant will not emerge from your testicles.

If you don't abort a tiny growing infant in a mothers womb, an infant WILL emerge.

See the difference now?

Only with some potential, which is less than half (most pregnancies spontaneously abort).

We should institute forced sex then, because everytime you dont have sex if you could, a potential person which would otherwise probably emerge is prevented from doing so. Or at least ban contraception, which has the same effect (consequences).

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Irrelevant to me too. I do not value other people just because they are biologically alive and have certain order of nucleotides in their DNA.

edit on 27/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

They are taking responsibility, taking care of their pregnancy like people taking care of working by going on unemployment.

Avoiding responsibility is NOT a responsibility!

Sometimes, abortion is the most responsible choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join