It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dumping off your responsibility is never the most responsible choice.

Dumping off the responsibility would be delivering the child and then giving it away, not abortion. Abortion ends responsibility, not dumps it on someone other.

Lets ban medical treatment for all accident victims who may have contributed to the accident themselves. They must face the consequences, dumping off their responsibility is not a responsible choice!

The same logic.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by jtap66
I love this topic. It really shines a light on the silliness of the anti-government conservatives.

"Keep big government out of my life! Liberty! Freedom! Except for this! Now please insert big government into a woman's body post haste! My invisible sky daddy commands it!"

The hypocrisy is ludicorus.

Big government made the killing of unborn babies legal.

Try again.

The government can only restrict freedoms, or leave them alone.
Without the government, abortion would be allowed by default, so I dont see your point.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I've read many posts/threads about abortion.

You have to be the first though, that seems to actually enjoy the idea.

A reasonable debate would be pointless since your avid glee with killing people whether born or unborn with a questionable consciousness seemed assured.

You appear to enjoy aiding in the removal of responsibility, being part of the problem, definitely NOT a solution.

I honestly feel sorry for you because you seem to be void of any moral or ethical character.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Nobody gleefully supports the murder of infants.
That is a lie and hyperbole with no basis in fact.

Some people understand the intricacies of bringing a human life into the world.

Every mother has a good chance of dying in pregnancy and every birth is a risk of her life. Does that even matter in the little equation you have in your head? Do you care about the quality of life an infant may have after it is born unwanted and abandoned, sold or worse?

If you can morally justify the act of war (and I don't see your threads condemning it)- Sorry if I missed all those anti war rants of yours - you can allow a woman to make a choice that concerns her body and her life. You want to make that decision for her and that is not freedom. That is telling a woman to be an incubator for your pitiful and flawed ideology with no basis in the reality, implications or dangers to mother or child... of the choice.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

A reasonable debate would be pointless since your avid glee with killing people whether born or unborn with a questionable consciousness seemed assured.

You appear to enjoy aiding in the removal of responsibility, being part of the problem, definitely NOT a solution.

I honestly feel sorry for you because you seem to be void of any moral or ethical character.

Removal of responsibility from the people who are so irresponsible as to cause unintended pregnancy / not use contraception is part of the solution, not the problem.
Or do you enjoy more unwanted children?

Why should I enjoy if irresponsible people will be forced to be responsible for the most responsible task there is - taking care of a child?

Sometimes, removal of responsibility is indeed the best and most responsible way.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Removal of responsibility from the people who are so irresponsible as to cause unintended pregnancy / not use contraception is part of the solution, not the problem.
Or do you enjoy more unwanted children?

Hyperbole. You assume the children will be unwanted.
Fail.

Why should I enjoy if irresponsible people will be forced to be responsible for the most responsible task there is - taking care of a child?

Hyperbole.
Fail.

Sometimes, removal of responsibility is indeed the best and most responsible way.

Now you just sound like a progressive liberal.

Fail.
3 fails. . . . and. . . .
Yer OUT!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Better than the alternative of a trash dumpster somewhere.... Isnt it?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol..
Considering their mother wants abortion (otherwise its not related to the topic), I think its the only thing which we know for sure. All aborted babies are unwanted babies, if they would be wanted they would not be aborted.

And you sound like a mainstream conservative republican. Thats a triple fail in itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
After a night of fretfull sleep. I am a man. I HAVE ZERO RIGHT to tell any WOMAN what she can & can't do with her body. Whether it's at conception or at the first breath of life. We MEN need to stay the fu%k out of the argument.

Roe vs Wade was about a womens right to privacy. So we as men need to let them have their privacy, let them as women make the decision as to abort or go full term and give birth... We men have no say. We don't endure what they endure. I know I watched two being born and I would not want to ever have to do that...Women of the world, YOU ALL ARE awesome.

Women it's your bodies, where I stand, it's your decision.....no one elses.
edit on 27-1-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by beezzer

lol..
Considering their mother wants abortion (otherwise its not related to the topic), I think its the only thing which we know for sure. All aborted babies are unwanted babies, if they would be wanted they would not be aborted.

And you sound like a mainstream conservative republican. Thats a triple fail in itself.

Just kill unborn babies because you assume they'll be unwanted.

Hannible Lecter much?

Not even a republican, so meh, fail again.

Look, you enjoy killing unborn babies. Buy a t-shirt! Be proud! It's not morally right, regardless of your weak explanations.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In ancient times, women ate certain herbs or drank potions brewed from certain herbs if they wished to get rid of unwanted babies. In other words, this issue is as old as humanity and there is no right or wrong answer to it.

If people wish to have abortions, who the hell is anyone to tell them they are wrong? That said, there is something disturbing about a woman who would use abortion as a form of contraception. However, such cases are so rare they should not be used as examples to bash abortion with.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
In ancient times, women ate certain herbs or drank potions brewed from certain herbs if they wished to get rid of unwanted babies. In other words, this issue is as old as humanity and there is no right or wrong answer to it.

If people wish to have abortions, who the hell is anyone to tell them they are wrong? That said, there is something disturbing about a woman who would use abortion as a form of contraception. However, such cases are so rare they should not be used as examples to bash abortion with.

In acient times they didn't have Krogers.
They didn't have support like the church, adoption agencies. . .

In acient times they didn't have high speed internet connects so they couldn't search the net quickly.

To compare is rather disingenuous.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

In acient times they didn't have Krogers.
They didn't have support like the church, adoption agencies. . .

In acient times they didn't have high speed internet connects so they couldn't search the net quickly.

In ancient times they didn't have self righteous, self important people.

I miss the good ole days.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Great...YOU do not value our youngest humans. Who else don't you value that you think we should kill off? Mentally retarded? Poor? Old?

Braindead people. They also do not contain any mind, the source of our value.

So in your own opinion...fetuses deserve no protection.

What is your opinion of a man that beats a pregnant women in the stomach until the fetus dies?

Murder? or simple Assault?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I am actually happy when Maslo joins abortion threads.

Because I know where he will go with the argument...pure genocide based on developmental age of a human. He outright admits the fetus is a living biological human being. Most pro-choicers try to deny that fact so they can lie to themselves and say they aren't supporting the outright murder of defenseless innocent humans.

But not Maslo...he fully admits they are living biological human beings...he just doesn't think they are worthy of protection by the law. And as you observed, he gleefully advocates killing them because they are not worthy of his value and are beneath him in his view.

When Maslo enters an abortion thread and I introduce the biological life argument...he scares off all the other pro-choice folks. How can they argue besides someone advocating the outright genocide of living human beings???

I think Maslo's demented and detached view of killing living human beings probably convinces more pro-choice people to re-examine their views than I ever could.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What is your opinion of a man that beats a pregnant women in the stomach until the fetus dies? Murder? or simple Assault?

I have the same opinion as with abortion. If its before circa 5th month, assault on the woman. If its after 5th month, murder in addition to assault on the woman.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Shall we examine all of the behavior ancient people had and then use that to justify that it is ok to have that same behavior today?

Or do you think we may have evolved our thinking a bit?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am actually happy when Maslo joins abortion threads.
Because I know where he will go with the argument...pure genocide based on developmental age of a human.

Yeah, and my view could be said to be somewhere in the middle of prolife and prochoice (or neither of them?), and so sometimes I manage to piss off both sides..

edit on 27/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually, no it isn't disingenuous at all. In fact to deny the parallel is disingenuous. In point of fact, in ancient times communities were far stronger than anything today and as such extended support structures were there. However, women still sometimes chose not to have the children. Why should they also be denied this right today?

I simply do not understand anti abortion arguments - and not for a lack of trying. I actually believe it is abhorrent someone would be forced to have a child they didn't want because of the beliefs of others.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I agree. All value statements are subjective. But I hope by "I dont care" you mean "dont try to ban abortion for those who hold different subjetive opinion than I hold".

That's pretty much exactly what I mean.

Have a dialogue, reach consensus, done. Whoever losses, all I can say, sucks to be you.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join