It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
In ancient times they didn't have self righteous, self important people.

I miss the good ole days.

Bazinga!

Nice riposte'.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What a totally ridiculous argument to come out with. Some things are just as relevent today as they were 2 million years ago to the monkeys we evolved from.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just kill unborn babies because you assume they'll be unwanted.

Even if they will be wanted, I dont think anyone but the rightful owner of the fetus (the woman) has a right to decide its fate. Should we ban contraception, just because some of the resulting children might be wanted in the future?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What a totally ridiculous argument to come out with. Some things are just as relevent today as they were 2 million years ago to the monkeys we evolved from.

Some things are...and some things aren't.

Which was my point...thanks for agreeing.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Even if they will be wanted, I dont think anyone but the rightful owner of the fetus (the woman) has a right to decide its fate. Should we ban contraception, just because some of the resulting children might be wanted in the future?

It's statements like that, that makes these threads worth while.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Maslo

I agree. All value statements are subjective. But I hope by "I dont care" you mean "dont try to ban abortion for those who hold different subjetive opinion than I hold".

That's pretty much exactly what I mean.

Have a dialogue, reach consensus, done. Whoever losses, all I can say, sucks to be you.

Well, I understand your position. If I thought abortion is as wrong as murder, I would want it to be banned, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
With the exception of beezer and a few others, the moral integrity of most of th the posters in this thread is astounding.

I started this thread to show proof that life begins at conception. Throughout history, scientists and text books have backed this theory. With that said no one has presented evidenc disputing that fact. There have been postabout a glob of cells being no different than cancer or plants. That statement is absolutely ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
With the exception of beezer and a few others, the moral integrity of most of th the posters in this thread is astounding.

I started this thread to show proof that life begins at conception. Throughout history, scientists and text books have backed this theory. With that said no one has presented evidenc disputing that fact. There have been postabout a glob of cells being no different than cancer or plants. That statement is absolutely ridiculous!

How many adopted children do you have?
Or are you so concerned what happens in the womb, but when they leave the womb.....

NOT MY CONCERN

Typical

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

No one can deny that biological life of a human being begins at conception.

That is why not one person has accepted my challenge to a debate in the debate forums about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Remember what I said way back?

The issue of abortion is nothing more and nothing less than an issue of individualism. You can either be owned, or lead. Some people want to own others. For whatever warped view.

Oh well. I've seen ATS slowly but surely grow in "pro life" numbers. My honest opinion is that Malso is a dinosaur of 60s mentality on morality. A proven failed viewpoint responsible for a great deal of the social woes of the day.

It'll only be 10-20 years before it starts going downhill.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There have been postabout a glob of cells being no different than cancer or plants. That statement is absolutely ridiculous!

Well, in the attribute important for the question of morality of killing it (presence of mind), it is no different indeed.

edit on 27/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

contd.

As I was saying, some on here have even gone as far as changing the definition of life,
which is absolutely ludicrous! It has been proven and decided by the bioethics committee
that life begins at conception. Knowing that as fact means to terminate a pregnancy is killing a human being.
Why is adoption not an option? There are thousands of women whom can't have babies that would love a newborn. Why can't we offer women with unwanted pregnacies a monetary incentive to have the baby and place up for adoption.

It really comes down to personal responsibility. Society today has become lazy and extremely selfish. We are always putting ourselves first, and to hell with the little guy. The mentality of what's in it for me, has stripped us of our morals and our character. It is just sickening!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

contd.

As I was saying, some on here have even gone as far as changing the definition of life,
which is absolutely ludicrous! It has been proven and decided by the bioethics committee
that life begins at conception. Knowing that as fact means to terminate a pregnancy is killing a human being.
Why is adoption not an option? There are thousands of women whom can't have babies that would love a newborn. Why can't we offer women with unwanted pregnacies a monetary incentive to have the baby and place up for adoption.

It really comes down to personal responsibility. Society today has become lazy and extremely selfish. We are always putting ourselves first, and to hell with the little guy. The mentality of what's in it for me, has stripped us of our morals and our character. It is just sickening!

Thanks,
Pax

And thats your opinion.
Who cares.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Alright twosides, I'll call your bluff. For the record I have two biological children, a girl and a boy. My son is autistic and I quit my job as a trauma nurse to advocate for him.......Should I have just killed him instead?

As far as adoption, I have one adopted son from the village of Jinja, Uganda. We pay for his education and clothing and special things he needs.......I have been to see him twice.

Are we finished with the inquisition now?

Pax

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Are we finished with the inquisition now?

No Inquisition.
You argue from your point of view.
I argue from mine.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

What about all those hundreds and hundreds of children already in orphanages? Why can't those women and families adopt them? Is there something wrong with those children? Why don't we concentrate on all those poor kids stuck in foster homes and orphanages first before we think about a kid that /could/ have been?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

When it comes to US, here is a fancy graph of public opinion development in time:

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice letter and good for you for posting it here.

I whole-heartedly agree with you as does the majority of the country. I read recent information that more people are now Pro-Life than Pro-Choice in this country. Yay!!!

"After all, we would not want her to give up her dreams because she made a mistake." Many of us walking around today we not planned, I don't consider anyone a mistake. His language degrades humanity.

Dr. Ron Paul stated that abortion is a violent crime.

Did you know the woman who was aka Jane Roe in Roe v Wade regrets her involvement in the case and is now a Pro-Life speaker?

and What About Obama and the Born Alive Infants Protection Act?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

See the graph? See how it lowered a few years back?

I helped do that. It was a social experiment.

If you care enough I'll reorganize it again in summer.

It's been gradually lowering. And the internet is evident of future common opinions held. That's how it works with the flow of information.

Like I said. Wait 10 years. watch.

The last time this pattern occurred was in the early 2000s. Now the internet is once again working its magic. It's derivative keeps increasing, and yet it's location remains the same on average. This is evident of dialog. Talking. learning. In 10 years time it will be a very very interesting story.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by beezzer

Remember what I said way back?

The issue of abortion is nothing more and nothing less than an issue of individualism. You can either be owned, or lead. Some people want to own others. For whatever warped view.

Oh well. I've seen ATS slowly but surely grow in "pro life" numbers. My honest opinion is that Malso is a dinosaur of 60s mentality on morality. A proven failed viewpoint responsible for a great deal of the social woes of the day.

It'll only be 10-20 years before it starts going downhill.

But I do agree, though. It's a matter of personal responsibility. Of "owning up" to your actions. Individuality is key in this. I think they go hand in hand. Abortion i a huge abdication of responsibility, with governments approval.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join