It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by nyk537

No. Its on topic. I don't care as a American what non-american's think. sorry. I'm not being a A hole. Your insulting me and my country.

As a part Irish, English, Oneida and Cherokee Native American I have to disagree. You have yourself proven the true problem with Americans. You think the United States is the only country on the planet and the rest of the globe is non existent. Sorry my friend but the United States may have a lot of land but it has a small population compared to the rest of the planet. Your narrow mindedness and lack of geography is most likely what scares the rest of the world. You are the example that the rest of the world sees. Believe me the United States has not gained enemies because everyone is upset because of all the freedoms we have. Stop watching mainstream media. Our freedoms dwindle everyday. Our enemies see us as mindless fools who believe we are free because of all the shiny toys set around us. To them we are all elitists.
edit on 22-1-2012 by D7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
there is a saying I picked up way back " You don't see the light until you feel the heat" Picture an Ostrich with lightning striking its butt and its now pulling its head out of the sand.
Its a small percentage of Americans working. Most of the rest are on the DOLE. Social Security recipients and Welfare program recipients. When those on the Dole loose it we will see the largest Civil Disturbance of ALL TIME

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

. Worry about your own country pls.

That's exactly what people ARE doing.
What happens in your country affects others. So far it's causing a problem for just about everyone. SOPA being the latest. And what's next ?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would love to see America pull out of every country on Earth. Stop the dollars to every one. Then the bitching will really start. "Hey, Uncle Sam. Can we have our allowance this week? We can't make it on our own."

PS. By the way, can you spare us a couple of bullets too?
edit on 22-1-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
All of this blaming going back and forth - can you not all stop and see how our country is being rotted from within? The youngest generation are growing up with leftist, Marxist and communist propaganda and yet believe that they are a generation that can "see" the truth. They despise retirees because they've been taught not one ounce of respect for elders or that they'll be that old one day. Put grannies in a home is the answer for them. Our oldest generation are watching the youth succumb to a godless world. The middle generation sits in between the two. The young think the old are brainwashed to believe in God, and the old know the opposite.

Divide and conquer. This country is done if we keep blaming each other and falling for propaganda as spit out in the completely owned media.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah, another self loathing anti american thread with an underlying plea to vote for Ron Paul.

I swear not a week goes by without something like this posted.

I am an american who lives abroad. I live in Poland. The price of food here is just as high as in the US, only the average salary is less than $1500 per month. Public healthcare as we would imagine it is a joke. Most people own health insurance to avoid waiting in line to see the doctor, and so that they can actually be treated.
My students sometimes ask me, why does everyone have a car in America? My answer is "because unless you live in a city, you need one to get around. Also, most people can afford one."

Every day I spend outside of the US, I miss it a little bit more. I don't miss the uninformed people who ask if Poland has electricity. But I do miss the pride people feel in being american. There is no sense of patriotism and nationalism here.

There are many wonderful countries around the world. But for all its faults, and there are far too many, The United States will always be a place I am proud to call home.

I suggest you actually try to live abroad, rather than just visit. You will quickly find out another life is not as easy as it seems. And the next time you make a thread such as this, come up with some facts rather than opinion.
edit on 22-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 22-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
All of this blaming going back and forth - can you not all stop and see how our country is being rotted from within? The youngest generation are growing up with leftist, Marxist and communist propaganda and yet believe that they are a generation that can "see" the truth. They despise retirees because they've been taught not one ounce of respect for elders or that they'll be that old one day. Put grannies in a home is the answer for them. Our oldest generation are watching the youth succumb to a godless world. The middle generation sits in between the two. The young think the old are brainwashed to believe in God, and the old know the opposite.

Divide and conquer. This country is done if we keep blaming each other and falling for propaganda as spit out in the completely owned media.

And here come the religious to push their agenda down our throats.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by watchitburn

The problem with America's the freedom of its people. Freedom isn't free and we've forgotten that.

Not true, In fact it is the opposite.

Freedom is free, the birds and the wolves are free, do they have to pay someone else to be free?

The people that want to keep us mentally enslaved have done a damn good job convincing you and I that we have to pay them in some way to become free, we are born free yet we die enslaved

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

And here come the religious to push their agenda down our throats.

...and there goes another agnostic trying to push their own agenda.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
Not true, In fact it is the opposite.

Freedom is free, the birds and the wolves are free, do they have to pay someone else to be free?

The people that want to keep us mentally enslaved have done a damn good job convincing you and I that we have to pay them in some way to become free, we are born free yet we die enslaved

The cost is sometimes in lives not just money. Perhaps you have never known someone who lost their life defending your right to be here.

Don't forget, birds and wolves are predators too. Something has to die for them to live. Ask their victim if they are free by your standards.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The United States is the richest country in the world in terms of natural resources, climate, food-producing ability and yes, even its people. The U.S. government has been taken over by foreign interests. This is why the "Americans" have been under coordinated assault from all sides. Foreign interests see "Americans" as an obstacle to conquering the wealth of the U.S. Americans are being bombarded with psy-op through television, radio and internet. Americans are being fed fertility-reducing and disease-producing GMO's. Americans are exposed to heavy metals, aluminum, countless chemical agents and radiation. Most americans are deprived of primary health care. The wealth of Americans is stolen through countless swindles in the taxation system, the retirement system, criminal justice system and health care system. I'm amazed there's still anyone in "America" still standing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

Delta air lines still has flights to china if you want outta here.

I get tired of folks saying "I hate this country Im going to leave" and for that i will say what my 3rd said "FINE JUST LEAVE!!!!!"

edit on 22-1-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The good thing about America is that it still has Americans living here.

And thank God for that. Who really wants yea! No one, But what do you do... you invade other countries instead,, based on bull # and lies. And than you tell us to mind our own business. Jesse's christ; is it in to be stupid in the US right now?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Actually poor people can't leave.

Three main reasons:

1) It costs thousands of dollars.
2) You need to pass security checks and have a passport which requires tons of expensive documentation.
3) Most countries will not allow Americans to move there and become citizens.

So all that argument is totally null and void.
Most of us are trapped here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The problem with Americans is they are dumbed downed, empathetic lazy in research and plain don't care.

A great society that is on it's ways down.

So be it..................don't care for your fellow human being you desire to die out, don't keep track of your reps, you fail to ensure your own freedoms.

Selfish, self concerned......................okay don't see the big picture, no empathy for those that are "lower in social stature or the animals that have no voice....................see where that leads us.

Karma is a bitch only if you are.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Actually poor people can't leave.

Three main reasons:

1) It costs thousands of dollars.
2) You need to pass security checks and have a passport which requires tons of expensive documentation.
3) Most countries will not allow Americans to move there and become citizens.

So all that argument is totally null and void.
Most of us are trapped here.

Wait, WHAT? Yep, thats why I have residency and permission to work in Poland. Cause no one wants me here. Cost me a plane ticket and $100 for paperwork.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you would like to leave and never come back, I will chip in a couple of bucks.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
(My 2 pence worth, for what its worth
)

I love America, i've been to the states a number of times for both business and pleasure, and almost every single American I have met has been nothing but polite and curtious (perhaps it is my english accent that startles them
)

That said, I do feel that some take Patriotism to a whole new level. I am all for defending your home, your rights and your country but when people get slated for critising government rule then it just gets silly. The world doesn't hate americans, it is the actions of your government that are the issue. It is not an attack on your way of life, your values or feelings, or anything like that. The world simply views america as the next imperial empire spreading its control across the globe.

Don't fear foreigners, fear where your government is leading you to.
edit on 22-1-2012 by MattC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
(My 2 pence worth, for what its worth
)

Don't fear foreigners, fear where your government is leading you to.

So do we!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join