It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by watchitburn

Why does this topic hurt my head...

Im not even american...

Of course being Canadian, i guess we're subject to the americans decisions more or less... That much is evident...

But what do i know... we live in igloos... right?

Your bacon scares me, it's not right.

On topic, your pretty much stuck with what we do.
Apologies.

HEY!!

You lookin to start a war?

Don't dis the bacon bro

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It's called freedom, Sunshine. People are free to be as smart or as supid as they want to be. If you don't like it, you're free to vote for somone else, free to call those voters stupid, free to move, free to stay.

Free to rant.

The good thing about America is that it still has Americans living here.

Beezer, I respect you. You provide informed insightful posts and you are not afraid to state your opinion.

But please don't call me sunshine.
edit on 22-1-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes it does.

Money needs to work it's way out of Washington before we can solve the problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Okay. Apologies. Thought your OP needed some levity is all.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm sensing a group hug is in the making.....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by Kryties

No. lmao. If your country what ever the hell it is. Was in trouble you'd look at us. But. Your ok atm so u feel like you can insult us. Well I personally take that as a major slap in the face. If your not a tax payer I don't care what you think about us. Worry about your own country pls.

I'm an American tax payer - upper 70% - and completely agree with the OPs sentiments.

Now do you care?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
From what I have observed, it seams that Americans do not want to help themselves. Or maybe it's the opposite, and that is all that they want, is to help themselves. Obviously this country is not heading in the right direction. This is evidenced by the continuing downward spiral of the economy. But does that deter Americans? Hell no, they are going to keep on electing big Govt., corporate puppets, and religious zealots.

It is just mind bottling that they continue to vote for Romney, Gingrich or Santorum. What do they hope to accomplish?

Apparently they are not interested in seeing things get better.

"Hey, lets vote for the same scumbags that have been running stuff and hope for a different outcome."

From this point on, I am done with the US. It will get what it deserves.

It's called freedom, Sunshine. People are free to be as smart or as supid as they want to be. If you don't like it, you're free to vote for somone else, free to call those voters stupid, free to move, free to stay.

Free to rant.

I don't call that freedom, I call it willful slavery to lies masquerading as truths for the purpose of entertaining and distracting people. If that's what Freedom looks like, then I want none of it. I'd rather live in a country full of smart and wise intellects who I would be proud to call my brothers than a country full of paranoid schizoids who want nothing less than excess, who are proud of destroying the earth, who are not conscious and mindful of their decisions. Born in slavery and head first into a life filled with fear and doubts that will follow them until they die.

Are you free to collect rain water? Free to live off the land and be tax free? Free to drive a car without a licence? Free to trade food for goods and services? Free to separate yourself from the state? Free to get help from a doctor for being sick instead of profit? Free to call people or chat on the internet without being monitored? Free to download music without being arrested? Free to sit on a street corner and beg for money? Free to run down the street naked? Free to buy a plane and fly it? Free to think outside the box without being judged? Free to # a guy up the ass? Free to die if you want too? Free to smoke Marijuana? Free to snort some coke!?

I could keep this up all night long. Your definition is totally screwed up and your only defense to that is that these rights would impede other people's freedom, which defines the entire concept that "Freedom is an illusion".

No.. you're free to do exactly what they say and to be exactly who they expect you to be.
Go to school, study hard, make good grades, buy a car, attend university, buy a house, get a wife, have some kids, pay off your mortgage in 20 years, pay for your kid's college, midlife crisis, retire at 60 when you're to old to enjoy life and die in a nursing home because it's too hard for your kids to actually care for their parent who worked so hard at giving them what he was told they needed.

You are nothing but a number, a gear in the machine and you are not a necessity; you are very disposable.

Your vote doesn't count if you're an individual, it is forfeit for the nominee which has the most corporate sponsor is the one that will win. This proves how little freedom you actually have. Voting has nothing to do with individuals since individuality doesn't exist within the confines of your system. You are not free to think or act as an individual, everything which would consist of you being different and thinking for yourself is made illegal. Most people cannot see this because most people are willfully blind.

I can already hear the patriots reading this in anger shouting "Don't you dare say that about my freedoms!".

What a waste of human intellect..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

btw I'm done with this topic. Its useless. bye. have fun good lives good night.

But we don't care what you think, so... b-bye...

Now here I was thinking America - A great place to keep all those Americans..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Oh and btw. Your not american from what I understand. so wtf cares what you think? go and pillage though your pile of trash.

I'm American as apple pie. Born and raised here.

But I have also been to a few other countries. And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are lazy, stupid, ignorant, greedy, self centered pieces of crap.

I have tried my damnedest to inform people of our monetary/economic debacle. And how our freedoms are being stripped away. And most people don't give a crap.

So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

Honest question: Where will you go? Where is the grass that's truly greener? Where is the beacon of freedom, righteousness, and prosperity? It may be my American ignorance speaking, but it seems to me like the monetary/economic debacle is a global one. Also, tyranny around the world seems to be thriving. I think the "I don't give a crap attitude" of most of the most is more of a defense mechanism then anything. They don't know what to do. Can you really blame them? The state of the world is a convoluted mess of confusion.
Best wishes on finding the promise land. I gonna stick it out here, do all I can for what I believe in, and hope I'm not just crazy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You can't generalise about Americans - for a start there are big differences state to state. The same in the UK on a smaller scale ie Northumberland is NOT Kent and York is NOT London etc
. There are many of us in UK who would rather poke sharp sticks in our eyes than live in London or even in the South and of course the same applies in reverse.
While every system has it's faults (don't get me started on UK) it seems to me that the US problem is that you need money/influence to run for Govenor or President. So big money and big business will always hold sway - whatever the political colour..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

Finland is actually ranked #1 in most things that matter, like: freedom of press, freedom of speech, civil liberties and government corruption.

Of course you'll never see this on CNN or Fox.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Brother, if you really want to know about what happened to Americans, go to youtube and search Charlotte Iserbyt, The Dumbing Down of America. It will show you how long this has been going on and exactly who's responsible for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Along those same lines, I've always said that working in the IT department of my company would be perfect if it wasn't for all these employees coming in with their computer problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn But I have also been to a few other countries. And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are lazy, stupid, ignorant, greedy, self centered pieces of crap.

Well someone spewing their thoughts with that amount of contempt would be the last person whose opinion I would take seriously. No wonder people shut down when you voice your thoughts. Perhaps if you work on your presentation skills you might convince more of your listeners.

Originally posted by watchitburn So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

Don't let the door hit you.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

From what I have observed, it seams that Americans do not want to help themselves. Or maybe it's the opposite, and that is all that they want, is to help themselves. Obviously this country is not heading in the right direction. This is evidenced by the continuing downward spiral of the economy. But does that deter Americans? Hell no, they are going to keep on electing big Govt., corporate puppets, and religious zealots.

It is just mind bottling that they continue to vote for Romney, Gingrich or Santorum. What do they hope to accomplish?

Apparently they are not interested in seeing things get better.

"Hey, lets vote for the same scumbags that have been running stuff and hope for a different outcome."

From this point on, I am done with the US. It will get what it deserves.

Free to rant.

I don't call that freedom, I call it willful slavery to lies masquerading as truths for the purpose of entertaining and distracting people. If that's what Freedom looks like, then I want none of it. I'd rather live in a country full of smart and wise intellects who I would be proud to call my brothers than a country full of paranoid schizoids who want nothing less than excess, who are proud of destroying the earth, who are not conscious and mindful of their decisions. Born in slavery and head first into a life filled with fear and doubts that will follow them until they die.

Are you free to collect rain water? Free to live off the land and be tax free? Free to drive a car without a licence? Free to trade food for goods and services? Free to separate yourself from the state? Free to get help from a doctor for being sick instead of profit? Free to call people or chat on the internet without being monitored? Free to download music without being arrested? Free to sit on a street corner and beg for money? Free to run down the street naked? Free to buy a plane and fly it? Free to think outside the box without being judged? Free to # a guy up the ass? Free to die if you want too? Free to smoke Marijuana? Free to snort some coke!?

I could keep this up all night long. Your definition is totally screwed up and your only defense to that is that these rights would impede other people's freedom, which defines the entire concept that "Freedom is an illusion".

No.. you're free to do exactly what they say and to be exactly who they expect you to be.
Go to school, study hard, make good grades, buy a car, attend university, buy a house, get a wife, have some kids, pay off your mortgage in 20 years, pay for your kid's college, midlife crisis, retire at 60 when you're to old to enjoy life and die in a nursing home because it's too hard for your kids to actually care for their parent who worked so hard at giving them what he was told they needed.

You are nothing but a number, a gear in the machine and you are not a necessity; you are very disposable.

Your vote doesn't count if you're an individual, it is forfeit for the nominee which has the most corporate sponsor is the one that will win. This proves how little freedom you actually have. Voting has nothing to do with individuals since individuality doesn't exist within the confines of your system. You are not free to think or act as an individual, everything which would consist of you being different and thinking for yourself is made illegal. Most people cannot see this because most people are willfully blind.

I can already hear the patriots reading this in anger shouting "Don't you dare say that about my freedoms!".

What a waste of human intellect..
I read you're response and found amazing I had to log in just to say that you summarized it perfectly

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
what ever happened to the conspiracies in this web site LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

its a two party system... who do you expect people to vote for?

and where the hell are you from that you can pass judgement on 300 million people?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzerWhat I'm saying is that many in America don't appreciate the feedoms that they have and don't take the responsiblity to use their freedoms wisely

What freedoms?
The 99% is as 'Free' as the average dairy cow or plowhorse.
We are allowed to benefit just enough from out labors to convince us that if we work just a bit harder we will get ahead.
We are not free we are simply human livestock.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I feel the OP's frustrations. Watching the primaries unfolding as a supporter of Ron Paul, it's easy to get frustrated at the bias from the media and it's effect on the average Joe. For people, like me, who believe he's been right about so much and can use that understanding to turn this country around, it can out right tick us off that other people don't see it or are completely oblivious.

The general population of sheeple continue to vote for the winning smile and latest line of BS coming from whatever same-'ol-same politician TPTB put up in front of them. God forbid they get a candidate that makes them think beyond a catch phrase or one line talking point.

And at times it does want you to turn your back on the general public and say f'em. If they want to continue to keep voting for the same people who got us in this mess, then they deserve it. I'll still hold a little hope, tho. ...For now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join