It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
From what I have observed, it seams that Americans do not want to help themselves. Or maybe it's the opposite, and that is all that they want, is to help themselves. Obviously this country is not heading in the right direction. This is evidenced by the continuing downward spiral of the economy. But does that deter Americans? Hell no, they are going to keep on electing big Govt., corporate puppets, and religious zealots.

It is just mind bottling that they continue to vote for Romney, Gingrich or Santorum. What do they hope to accomplish?

Apparently they are not interested in seeing things get better.

"Hey, lets vote for the same scumbags that have been running stuff and hope for a different outcome."

From this point on, I am done with the US. It will get what it deserves.
edit on 22-1-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The problem with America's the freedom of its people. Freedom isn't free and we've forgotten that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

With the dirty elections going on who knows who actually got elected. It's the puppet masters who set them up not the voters.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
[quoted ill-mannered content removed]

And therein lies the reason for the thread in the first place.

edit on 1/22/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

It is just mind bottling that they continue to vote for Romney, Gingrich or Santorum. What do they hope to accomplish?

It's the baby boomer generation. It's like an entire species poured their worst qualities into a single set of offspring. That generation is so mind numbingly stupid it defies all logic. They believe the Earth has a creamy nugget center of oil and that economic growth will expand into infinity until the sun explodes a few billion years hence..then we will fly off to pluto and extract oil there and continue this debacle.

And whats worse is they are the generation of entitlement, they firmly believe its up to us to support them and their million dollar doctor bills all the while the current generation faces a steadily declining standard of living.

heres a pretty good explanation of the American condition and why they think and vote the way they do- JHK

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No. lmao. If your country what ever the hell it is. Was in trouble you'd look at us. But. Your ok atm so u feel like you can insult us. Well I personally take that as a major slap in the face. If your not a tax payer I don't care what you think about us. Worry about your own country pls.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
in my opinion the republicans are just going through the motions at this point and i suspect that it was their agenda since day one because it's pretty much a clown show and they knew obama would take a second term. i mean geezzz look and who's there and their attributes haha crazies, philandering, greed.. ect.. it's crazy. don't get me wrong i'm not naive i know human nature but it's so very blatant and seems like they don't care whatsoever. i'd vote for ron if i thought he had a ligament chance but i really don't feel he does so i'm just hoping that obama can do better in his next 4 years, now that's being naive haha anyway.. we'll see what happens. ATS4lyf3!!

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
[quoted ill-mannered content removed]

I'm American as apple pie. Born and raised here.

But I have also been to a few other countries. And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are lazy, stupid, ignorant, greedy, self centered pieces of crap.

I have tried my damnedest to inform people of our monetary/economic debacle. And how our freedoms are being stripped away. And most people don't give a crap.

So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

edit on 1/22/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburnFrom this point on, I am done with the US. It will get what it deserves.

Well if this is where youve hopped off where are you going to hop on? The problems we see in America are happening the world over. Economies are seeing rough times, governments arent listening to the wants of the people, people arent reacting quickly enough in an organized manner to oppose people in power etc.etc

If one thinks this is a uniquely American problem then they must not have caught wind of currentworld affairs. Further sitting around and mocking each others countries while we are all aboard the same sinking ship isnt helping matters at all.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The problem with America is that many people have been conditioned to rely on government for their needs and have forgotten how to earn things themselves. We have raised an entire generation of whiny brats who hold their hands out to big government for everything.

The problem with America is big government bureaucracy.

link   
reply to post by paganini

I like the fact that you grouped us instead of putting all the blame on America.

+10 more 
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by Kryties

No. lmao. If your country what ever the hell it is. Was in trouble you'd look at us. But. Your ok atm so u feel like you can insult us. Well I personally take that as a major slap in the face. If your not a tax payer I don't care what you think about us. Worry about your own country pls.

I don't need to, you see our country isn't going down the crapper and threatening to take the rest of the world with it - hence why us 'foreigners' have a vested interest in what the US does and doesn't do.

It's a natural result of globalisation - I would have thought you had already known this, or have you been putting blinders on, sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "Lalala" to drown it out? - which is EXACTLY what this thread is about.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

But I have also been to a few other countries. And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are lazy, stupid, ignorant, greedy, self centered pieces of crap.

Yes but a good amount of American's are Hard working, Knowledgeable, compassionate, caring peoples. We're not all hand me outs. A lot of use like to do for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I only read enough to know that your not American therefor I don't care. bye.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
From what I have observed, it seams that Americans do not want to help themselves. Or maybe it's the opposite, and that is all that they want, is to help themselves. Obviously this country is not heading in the right direction. This is evidenced by the continuing downward spiral of the economy. But does that deter Americans? Hell no, they are going to keep on electing big Govt., corporate puppets, and religious zealots.

Apparently they are not interested in seeing things get better.

"Hey, lets vote for the same scumbags that have been running stuff and hope for a different outcome."

From this point on, I am done with the US. It will get what it deserves.

It's called freedom, Sunshine. People are free to be as smart or as supid as they want to be. If you don't like it, you're free to vote for somone else, free to call those voters stupid, free to move, free to stay.

Free to rant.

The good thing about America is that it still has Americans living here.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
And I know I'll be reported or w/e removed. It doesn't stop what I'm saying from being the truth. even in a exposing site. The truth can be filtered.

+18 more 
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by Kryties

I only read enough to read that your not American therefor I don't care. bye.

Thankyou for completely proving my point, and the very point of this thread!

link   
reply to post by Chargeit

Not exactly a good way to encourage decent discussion about the topic is it? Maybe you should try to stay on topic and discuss the issue at hand.

You don't have to be American to see what the problems of America are right now. In fact, not being from America may give you a better understanding...after all...we are copying our problems from many other failing countries right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

No. Its on topic. I don't care as a American what non-american's think. sorry. I'm not being a A hole. Your insulting me and my country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join