It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with America, is that it is full of Americans.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I'm American as apple pie. Born and raised here.... And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are... self centered..... And most people don't give a crap...So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

This sounds like the very thing you are fed up with. Not to sound rude but you yourself, sound self centered and presumptuous. Get fed up with your country and presume you will be welcome and appreciated in a foreign culture.

edit on 22-1-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Ahehehe Poland, really? They'll accept anyone.
I wouldn't brag too much about Poland to be honest.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

And here come the religious to push their agenda down our throats.

...and there goes another agnostic trying to push their own agenda.

Well this is in fact my thread so I will push any agenda I want. If you don't like it go find another thread.

And I'm not agnostic or anything else. Religion is irrelevant to me. But it's irritating when people try to slime their beliefs into topics that have nothing to do with them.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail

I'm American as apple pie. Born and raised here.... And I can tell you with a strait face that the Vast Majority of Americans are... self centered..... And most people don't give a crap...So you know what? Neither do I. First chance I get, I'm outta here.

This sounds like the very thing you are fed up with. Not to sound rude but you yourself, sound self centered and presumptuous. Get fed up with your country and presume you will be welcome and appreciated in a foreign culture.

edit on 22-1-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

I don't want anything to do with anyones culture. I'm tired of all people period.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
The problem with America is that many people have been conditioned to rely on government for their needs and have forgotten how to earn things themselves. We have raised an entire generation of whiny brats who hold their hands out to big government for everything.

The problem with America is big government bureaucracy.

in your opinion, however, if you do some research into economies of the world you will find pockets of success. Not one has "small" government, every single one is a mixed economy with a very large public sector. The very thing the "average vocal" American hates with a passion.

Ignorance is a double barrelled shotgun aimed at your feet.

One last point there is a thing called a happiness index and those same countries have the highest happiness index. The US is quite low, worringly low.
edit on 22/1/12 by malcr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
nothin wrong with the peeps there. the problem is the government gave the nation to the bankers... hence this and this

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by Kryties

I only read enough to know that your not American therefor I don't care. bye.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

nice argument bro. I see im not needed here either then, good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The problem with the U.S. is that the government is so rife with corruption that what Americans actually want doesn't really matter.

Short of a bloody revolution where millions of people would be killed and the economy of the world would be handed a large ball of chaos, I don't really see as there's much can be done about it.

Let me help you understand the facts of life in the U.S.:
It does not matter who I vote for because all the candidates are the same.
It does not matter what I want because the game is rigged by people who have the power to bribe.
What the American people want does not matter, and the price of helping ourselves is that millions of us will be murdered by our own people.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

How was I bragging? And what exactly is wrong with Poland? It is not a third world country. This is the typical reply I was expecting, but when someone wants to pay me $2000 US per month for teaching business people english over 48 hours(per month) I will move to whatever country they want me to.

Besides, you are just an ignorant oaf who's only contribution to the discussion is to put out the assumption that Poland is unworthy of its status as a free country. Well, smart guy, Poland is coming up in the world, the currency is stable and gaining in value to the euro, since they are not tied. Foreign investment is at an all time high, and they are continuing to build up infrastructure.

Also, the entire point of my post was that I was able to gain entry into another country, when some other moron said no one will take in americans.
Come back when you have something meaningful to add.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Very good points.

For the most part, I agree.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You lost all credibility when you said "mind bottling". It's boggling.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The great wise man Mr. Carlin lays it out pretty well.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopFearMongering

You lost all credibility when you said "mind bottling". It's boggling.

Mind Bottling - When things are so crazy, you get your thoughts trapped, like in a bottle.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The economy has been steadily improving and jobs becoming slowly available.

Things are not getting worse. There really isn't data that says that. Things are getting more explosive yes, but not worse.

Americans have always been localized people whom don' care to rise up. It's been that way since the first colonists. Only when we are all affected to we rise up united. For now, this is not the case. Only a few people are affected.

I suspect things will be worse in a decade. Then you may see revolution and problems. Things are not that bad today.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The problem with Humanity is people like you OP. People that are arrogant and think they know everything, that the very sun shines from their ass. That do nothing but tear others down and stereotype.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sounds like a blanket generalization that is entirely incorrect, but based in your own personal frustrations. There are plenty of us who want things to change and do what we can.. even when it isn't enough. It also reminds me about what me and my husband were talking about the other day. I have decided that the problem with mankind is man. Too many men who wish to control others and have power. I could give up on all men and say they deserve the obvious destruction they cause. I don't however believe that and know there are plenty of good men out there who are not that way. If you give up then you also give up any rights you have to your own freedom. I personally am not willing to give up simply because the country is currently being run by controlling men who wish to control and conquer everything about me and my way of life. I continue to fight against it as do many others, you simply do not see them because it isn't on a big enough scale for you to say it is happening.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

You do not live in America, I am guessing? Oh. but even if you did, you would have it much better than most hard working Americans. Where do you think American tax payer money goes? Do you think it helps American citizens much? Not when our government provides Billions and Billions of tax payer money for foreign aide.

Oh, and by the way, Obama is in office. He is NOT a conservative.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_night
a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

You do not live in America, I am guessing? Oh. but even if you did, you would have it much better than most hard working Americans. Where do you think American tax payer money goes? Do you think it helps American citizens much? Not when our government provides Billions and Billions of tax payer money for foreign aide.

Oh, and by the way, Obama is in office. He is NOT a conservative.

You are exactly right. This OP knows nothing about American Politics. And further his OP actually CALLS OUT Americans which is in and of its self against ATS
move to strike this post on grounds that it\\\\\\ never mind ,,Live and Let Live
edit on 22-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

All you are doing by judging another country's citizens is adding fuel to the worlds fire that needs to be put out. All of this hate and war needs to stop.

If you are not an American and do not live here then you really have no idea what you're talking about. There are PLENTY of Americans trying to stop the greedy and selfish rule of our government. We have a lot of problems, I'll give you that, but our government is the cause. Its not our fault that when we elect an official they do the complete opposite of what they said they would do. We are not psychics or mind readers. Many of us don't support the war ( I dont ), many of us don't want any of those guys to be elected ( I dont )... etc. But what can we do about it? We have continually expressed our disagreement with the war and wanting our troops to come home, but in the end it is the government that is in control not us. They only take our concerns into consideration. We cannot simply say "stop the war" and snap our fingers and *poof* its done. It doesn't work like that.

I'm sure your country has a lot crap that can be frowned upon too, but you don't see any threads bashing its people. I for one base my opinions on the individual. I have Islamic friends, Chinese friends, Vietnamese friends, (foreign college students) and I love them all because they are great people. If they're country were to declare war on my country I still would not hate them because they are my friends and they would say the same. So PLEASE, stop these judgmental opinions. When you spread hate the world gets worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
The problem with America is that many people have been conditioned to rely on government for their needs and have forgotten how to earn things themselves. We have raised an entire generation of whiny brats who hold their hands out to big government for everything.

The problem with America is big government bureaucracy.

I think it's horrible parenting. People politicize things too much.

Edit: Alot of young people these days need to be thrown in boot camps along with their awful parents.
edit on 22-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join