It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by popsmayhem

And if Ron Paul demanded more time and was more commanding on that stage...he would be even closer to the others.

But no...he relied on the audience to demand he get time to talk. In my opinion...that was pretty weak. I know you guys liked it...but it just shows that Ron Paul was just fine sitting there and being skipped. And he would have if the crowd didn't speak up for him.

Is that really who we want as President...someone who won't speak up for themselves? Reminds me of the time when his campaign manager cut into an interview he was having told him not to answer and ushered him away.

He doesn't convey strength up there on that stage.

I have a feeling, if he did barge in and act like a ignorant man just to try and get time in, then the media would spin it. They literally have nothing (or make up news blurbs) so they would feast on the mis-step. Yes, it's a misstep to barge in and act like an impatient child like every other Candidate has done, except Paul...

Thankfully, Dr. Paul delivers his message in the allotted time gracefully (well, as gracious as he can considering the age and what comes off as minor signs of stage fright which humanize him).

The obvious time gap between Paul and the other candidates, in a way speaks volumes by it's self. The fact that the crowd at the debate tonight booed because of an obvious skip was honestly the moment of the night for me.

I love when the media is called out for bull$hit.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

And the other candidates doesn't try to get the crowd to speak up for them aswell? Lol, sorry, but what you said there doesn't make any sense

No, I didn't see any other candidate waiting for the crowd to ask the moderator to let them talk.

Only Ron Paul did that...if the crowd didn't demand it, they would of went to the next question and Ron Paul would of sat there like he always does and be passed over.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Gingrich calls for "very dramatic, very deep change in Washington". It sounds like that change is to escalate wars, erect fences, turn backs on those in need, and take a woman's right to choose. Yay Republican.

The party of Blatant Greed and Voter Ignorance. So inspiring. If I was selfishly rich or massively stupid I might really be excited by these candidates.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

reply to post by spire

And the other candidates doesn't try to get the crowd to speak up for them aswell? Lol, sorry, but what you said there doesn't make any sense

No, I didn't see any other candidate waiting for the crowd to ask the moderator to let them talk.

Only Ron Paul did that...if the crowd didn't demand it, they would of went to the next question and Ron Paul would of sat there like he always does and be passed over.

Then he must be doing something right if he can get people to support him.

I don't see that as a negative thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
Dr Paul is doing very well tonight he made Santorum look so petty and the crowd were chanting Paul's name, I hope people see the irony in how all the GOP runners apart from Paul say they are pro life but then say lets invade Iran and kill millions pro life my butt what are you only living if you are American how can people listen to these 3 Amigos and not pick up on this.

Paul is pro life not just for some he supports it for all, who live honest and fair. Governments make war not the common people so why do we blame the innocent and make them pay not only in the poor nations but also here in the UK and USA

That's what happens when you mix theology and nationalism, a black eye on Christianity.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
FINAL DEBATE times approx.

1.romney 21:51
2.santorum 21:31
3.newt 18:23
4.paul 16:33

Now, it does not mean the man with the most
time won the debate.
Who *won* is based on a number
of factors.
If a man can get his ideas,
and points across
out, in a short amount of time,
and do it smart, he could win just as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here we go again with the typical spiel from Outkast.

And if Ron Paul demanded speaking time, you'd say he was whining too much and that crying would get him nowhere.

No, I expect them to ask for more time and take control of the debate.

I don't expect someone who wants to be President to sit there and be bullied by the other candidates and the moderator.

Ron Paul needed the crowd to speak up for him...that is weak IMO.

Obviously likes the dominant, aggressive "alpha male" type.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

You are free to have that opinion...I just have a different opinion.

To me, it shows weakness...who is going to push him around if he becomes President? Who will he allow to talk over him and control whatever situation he is in???

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No mention of Pual so far in the analysis.

Absolutely crazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

To me, it shows weakness...who is going to push him around if he becomes President? Who will he allow to talk over him and control whatever situation he is in???

Nobody has ever pushed around Ron Paul, he has stood alone on issues for years while people tried to bully him into changing...he stood like a an unmovable object in those situations. Your fears on that issue can be put to rest.
edit on 19-1-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

link   

You cant push over Conviction and Ideals

RP has that in spades

link   
Just watched the debate in full, a few things stood out to me.

Santorum is boring. Romney never stops grinning. Paul is nervous during introductions and knows that he needs to slow down when talking.

Being a great debater does not equate to being a great President - Obama has demonstrated this - And Romney would be the next prime example. His opinion that we need an outsider in the White House is a deeply flawed analogy in my opinion.

This audience wasn't bloodthirsty crazy like Fox's the other night.

When Paul was almost skipped on the abortion question, the audience did not like that, I was glad they were paying attention.

On some issues: Our borders, Paul's makes great sense here. We have troops overseas fighting pointless neverending wars, when they could be helping us secure our borders and maybe even conducting some infrastructure work while saving us some money.

Over all I thought it was a great debate for all involved, and it's nice to see the field narrowing down some, even though Perry did great in the last debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
No mention of Pual so far in the analysis.

Absolutely crazy.

I think we're back to operating on the idea that any press is good press. By not mentioning Paul they can pretend he's not a serious candidate but for anyone there and cheering him on and anyone that watched - we know what really happened. I wouldn't be too worried. CNN isn't a popular channel for this crowd.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And nobody has been able to push him around for the decades that he has been a congressman.

What is your point? Following the rules in what is supposed to be an adult debate disqualifies you for being the president of America?

Spin it all you want but HOW I SEE IT:

Ron Paul is leading by example and he has been for his entire life.

edit on 19-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

link   

Is that a little bit like he has been pushed around for 30 years by slimy politicians in Washington? Because its been easy to get him to change his opinion hasn't it?

You are confusing politeness and dignity with weakness.

Perhaps you enjoy the gun slinging loud mouths with no ideas?
edit on 19/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow...the Gingrich campaign guy lookin like someone did pee-pee in his cornflakes!

I think Newt lost some votes tonight between this and the ex's interview.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think you are going off on an irrelevant point and twisting words. Paul is obviously the least susceptible to being influenced by someone's money, if that is even what you are talking about.

If anything, what you are trying to get at applies to all the other candidates instead of Paul, might want to stop now before you dig yourself a hole without realizing it. Ironic that is what you will be doing with your vote.

link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

ron who?

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I predict Santorum, seeing this as his last chance to grab some major camera time. Will charge out the gate like a schoolyard bully. Kicking and screaming, not paying attention to the moderators, who will try to shut him up.
You NAILED it, Des! Is you psychic or just brilliant?

Mebbe both?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Being a great debater does not equate to being a great President - Obama has demonstrated this

lol great observation.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join