It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by MysticPearl
PopsMayhem,
Hows the time looking for everyone?

THIRD COMMERCIAL BREAK times approx.

1 newt 17:10
2. santorum 19:35
3. paul 15:11
4.romney 20:12

Not bad. Could be better, but Santorum didn't shut up for a stretch.

link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

For once, I am just enjoying reading all of the responses here.
Even YOU Outkast!
Go ATS!

link   
What's romney looking at on his closing statement? The mod? A script?
Sounds like he is reading a script.

link   
Romney talking about supporting the Constitution, and our inalienable rights is a farce.

His stance on NDAA shows he's a liar

He will be just like Obama and flip flop as soon as he gets in office.

He has the same bosses as Obama as Ugie showed on the first page

edit on 19-1-2012 by pianopraze because: typo

edit on 19-1-2012 by pianopraze because: added NDAA comment

link   
Romney is so full of it.

He hates freedom.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Newt: "It is Imperative, that we DEFEAT President Obama." *killer pedo face*

This isn't an RPG. He is disgusting if you ask me. Everybody besides Paul has so many holes in their arguments, especially Santorum, he attacks but doesn't follow up and hardly defends himself.

Romney is a freaking Psycho, why does he stare at people like the Godfather? He doesn't really answer questions, he chokes on evidence, and all he does is speak pretty words.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Romney is so full of it.

He hates freedom.

But he believes in the shining city on the hill blah blah.
I remember politicians saying that crap in the 80's and I wasn't even old enough to vote!
edit on 19-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
I just love how none of these guys can name drop Ron Paul's record. After all the slander lies - Ron Paul comes out as the only principled person on that stage.

link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You don't have to apologize for that, I offer my condolences.

---

Romney talking about core American values and declaration of independence, I guess hes trying to tell us hes going to drop out and endorse Paul or what?

reply to post by MeesterB

I'm pretty sure he is, he gave some pretty strong tells earlier.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

1 newt 17:10
2. santorum 19:35
3. paul 15:11
4.romney 20:12

Paul is second in terms of delegates, yet he gets less time than everybody. What a shocker...

I would like to see the ``time on camera``... I bet Paul is 30 minutes behind at least.

link   
I know some people don't like the fact that Ron Paul won't speak up when he's not getting any time, but I sort of admire it. It's petty when these professional politicians whine and bitch, especially when Newt constantly rips the media for covering his immorality.

Ron Paul just comes across as a genuinely honest, caring, polite human being while the others come across like selfish sociopaths.

link   

link   

Great to finally see Ron Paul's times coming up on these debates as I fad predicted on page one

Ps: santorum pulling the Reagan card
edit on 19-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

link   

And if Ron Paul demanded more time and was more commanding on that stage...he would be even closer to the others.

But no...he relied on the audience to demand he get time to talk. In my opinion...that was pretty weak. I know you guys liked it...but it just shows that Ron Paul was just fine sitting there and being skipped. And he would have if the crowd didn't speak up for him.

Is that really who we want as President...someone who won't speak up for themselves? Reminds me of the time when his campaign manager cut into an interview he was having told him not to answer and ushered him away.

He doesn't convey strength up there on that stage.

link   
Few notes....

Santorum helped Paul tonight with his notes on Gingrich and Romney.

Paul won tonight with his arguments. This whole election will be decided by senior citizens. If they look past Romney's deep narrator voice and actually listen to the solutions from Paul, it will help.

This was Ron Paul's night tonight in my opinion.

link   
In the news tomorrow, ABC will say Obama won the debate.
Just watch.

link   
Wow, this was one of the best debates in my opinion. Very happy that it's only down to 4, because it gives everyone still up there a good amount of time to answer the questions.

I think this debate was one of Pauls best lately. I think he definantly won this one, with the highest point being when the audience called out John King, demanding he let Paul answer a question that all the others already answered.

Romney and Gingrich get 2nd for me. They seemed to stumble a tad bit in this one, and I think Romney got the largest amount of boo's , because of his tax return answer. (Of course John King got the most boo's, but he isnt a candidate)

Santorum didnt doo too good tonight. I think he's 3rd, but not too far behind 2nd. Yes he did call out Romney and Gingrich and that was awesome, but he got countered a few times and he looked like he was a bit angry and out of it tonight.

Also.....score another one for the audience.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No matter who you are, you have to admit, Ron Paul has really come a long way on a consistent message doubling and tripling his support and voter base since his 2007 presidential run.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Paul had the least time but he annihilated that debate. He either wins because he doesn't have to defend his record or loses becauses any air time is good air time even if its stumbling through a defense of your spotty record.
edit on 1/19/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul missed a golden opportunity there
he could have said that he's the one to vote for because he's the one that can debate a smooth talker like Obama and alot of Obama voters are now standing behind the good doctor.

That was a major missed opportunity, I think he would have said it though if he didn't answer first

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join