Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Tune in Thursday at 8 p.m. ET for the CNN/Southern Republican Presidential Debate hosted by John King and follow it on Twitter at #CNNDebate. For real-time coverage of the South Carolina primary, go to CNNPolitics.com or to the CNN apps or CNN mobile web site.

Man, this could be a good one with Perry and Huntsman out. Dirt on Ronmey's taxes and Gingrich's ex throwing a poop on his personal affairs. And as for Rick Santorum, I try not to judge by appearances, but this picture is too funny not to share.

newssun.suntimes.com...

Please add working stream links when they are available if I'm not here at the start.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Nice, I'll flag for later I always enjoy discussion threads but i missed the last two.. So its just four now? That should leave some time for Dr. Paul to speak for a good amount of time. It still baffles me that Romney is number 1 and Gingrich is allegedly 2nd in SC. Where are all these Gingrich/Romney supporters? The elderly can't be THAT big of a demographic......can they?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The more drop out, the more time the networks are forced to give to Ron Paul. It will be so obvious if they have 3 people who get 1 hour and 56 minutes, and then Ron gets only 4 minutes. There will be even more uproars.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ron is going to get a good amount of time this debate which is great.

Hopefully we see the composed, calm, articulate Ron and he is treated somewhat fairly.

Paul is educated and has firm views in all the hot subjects this election. The problem is that he sometimes gets too worked up in the debates, gets frustrated, and has trouble speaking fluently. It comes off to some people that he doesn't know how to respond, or cant work under pressure.

The race slims down more and more... its Ron Paul's time to shine here. They HAVE to cover him this debate.

Lets blow some minds Dr. Paul

Go Ron Go!
edit on 19-1-2012 by Mindcrime30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I predict Santorum, seeing this as his last chance to grab some major camera time. Will charge out the gate like a schoolyard bully. Kicking and screaming, not paying attention to the moderators, who will try to shut him up.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is the part of GOP nomination where the weaker ones drop out and the strong ones rise up... but its predictable though. Santorum will be the next one to drop out IMO.

And then there were 4...

Gingrich
Romney
Paul
Santorum

This is starting to get a little exciting. Cant wait for tonight.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Will the other candidates go after Newt on comments his 2nd wife made?

Will Ron Paul be ignored again, but given the same foreign policy question as usual?

Will Williard aka Mitt Romney say "um....ah" more than 500 times?

With Perry out, will RP be given more than 15 minutes?

Will South Carolinians boo Dr Paul again?

Tune in at 8PM(EDT) to find out!!

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I didnt expect to see Perry drop out this morning, good news but I would have much rather had Santorum or Newt drop out for Ron Pauls sake. It seemed like Perry was set on the SC primary but I thought the same for Huntsman too, maybe they were bought out? Who knows.

I didnt care much for the last debate, Ron Paul spent too much time defending himself from stupid questions and I would have hoped there was time for closing comments rather than ending it on a pointless second amendment accusation. Regardless I still think Paul did the best. Romney was stuttering alot and didnt seem to get much applause whereas Newt had the crowd both cheering loudly for him and booing loudly, so its hit or miss. IMO Rick Santorum will come in last in the SC primary, now that we are one Richard down and a Willard and a Newt to go.
edit on 19-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You're likely to see a different audience feel tonight, being here in Charleston; Charleston county quite reliably goes blue for elections, although there will be voters from the more conservative Berkeley and Dorchester counties as well. Plenty of Paul voters here, as we have College of Charleston. I see them driving around all the time with their cars covered in libertarian bumper stickers, LOL.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not really! How how time did Dr Paul get the other night? Hardly any. You would think he woulda got more time at the Fox SC debate, but no.

Plus, he'll get the same few questions he always does.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh just a reminder... to let you know who was bailed out... and not be fooled by anyone on stage who is being supported by the above.

You will clearly see who is for the people... and who is for the 'banksters.'

Wish I had a list of campaign donations to each candidate.

Top contributors to Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.

I am pretty sure the others that aren't mentioned look similar to Romney.
edit on 1/19/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

And it will be that more obvious and people will make that much more of an uproar and people will vote for RP just for that reason he is being blacked out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Pro- I don't think the sheeple are paying attention. They watch the "news" for maybe half an hour at nite after work...hear the biased "reporting", and don't go further than that. Now that's most folks. Then you have others, who actually look into the candidates, the "educated voters" and those folks are influenced by upbringing(whether mommy and daddy were Dems/Repubs) and they tend to make decisions based upon that(like religion).

Obama has to be chuckling at the coverage of the Republicans vying to face-off vs him. MSM is biased towards Lib's anyway and that's a known fact. These guys are tearing each other apart and giving Obama loads of ammo.

No way any of the Repub's beat Obama, except for maybe, Ron Paul. But the deck is stacked against Dr Paul. He knows it and so does his challengers. Something really drastic would have to happen for Dr Paul to win this. What that could be, I don't know.

The field of Repub's vs Dr Paul is horrible-

Romney is nick-named "plasticman" for all his flip-flopping over the years, has a "likeability" problem and, of course, the "Mormon thing", on top of all the other issues with him. He can't win a debate about healthcare with Obama.

Newt, well, besides his flip-flopping, selling out to the highest bidder/money, his womanizing, etc, etc: has finished a distance behind Dr Paul in the first 2 primaries , but remains a media darling.

Santorum- Crooked also, but has no appeal. Plus he's just more of the same.

Dr Paul has to fight the media bias, the "perception" folks have about his foreign policy(Americans love war), and then the "age factor". He sometimes seems as though he has given up his aspirations to become President and is only angling for delegates to deal later to get some of his ideas included on the Repub. platform. We all know how soon the platforms are forgotten as the victor takes office. I think Dr Paul realizes he probably won't win and hopes maybe some small changes are made by deal-making to get things included on the platform, because he realizes the change will not come about as fast as he'd like. Also, factor in a run by his son Rand in four more years and maybe he ses a glimmer of hope down the line.

Sad to say it but, get ready for 4 more years of Obama

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thanks for that ugie

Everyone:

I did an interesting experiment last night when i was with a group of my real life friends. I asked:

"If you had to vote tonight for a Rep. primary who would you vote for?" Answers (excluding my answers):
1. Who's running?
2. None we will only vote Obama.
1. Isn't Romney one of the candidates?
1. None of them
1. Ron Paul

Then I asked, "Ok Romney or Obama?"
1. Romney
3. Obama
1. Third party - Romney is the antichrist.
1. Ron Paul or no one

Then I asked "Paul or Obama?"
2. Obama
4. Paul

So if you add me, I would always vote Paul, even if he runs 3rd Party.

It's not scientific but it certainly was interesting. I also got the chance to correct a couple misconceptions about Paul's positions. And I asked one more question:

"Did you know Ron Paul got booed at the last debate for advocating the Golden Rule: Don't bomb other countries if we don't want to be bombed?"

No one had heard it, and a couple said I like that and expressed more interest in possibly voting for Paul.
edit on 19-1-2012 by pianopraze because: typos, added quote i forgot

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I'd say that's pretty accurate. Except I really don't think the GOP deserves Ron Paul, or his son. They have been nothing but disrespectful, insulting, manipulative and unfair against Ron Paul this whole race. Screw them. Ron should just get on the independent ticket if he can't win some states soon IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Running as an independent would only guarantee Obama getting four more years.

It's a 2 party country and will remain that way for the time being!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Running as an independent would only guarantee Obama getting four more years.

It's a 2 party country and will remain that way for the time being!

I hear that. The problem however, is that the GOP is already guaranteeing that by giving Ron the shaft. There's no way Romney or Gingrich would take Obama. The only thing giving me hope in this race is that only Paul and Romney are on the ballot in all 50 states. Hopefully people will wake up and smell the coffee because the GOP is a joke and needs to be entirely re-structured, inside and out. Only Ron Paul can do that.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is definitely going to be one to see! After all that's happened in the last couple of days, it's going to be a real interesting weekend.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It will be an important
debate tonight for
Paul. Romney and Santorum
are going to be at it with newt
going first after romney then santorum.
Newts indescrections coming out today
certaintly will not help.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I see Nimrodney, Scrotorum and Getrich hogging all the talk time and going way over their allotted time. Ron Paul needs to be assertive tonight and take as much time as he wants like the others do on a continuous basis. If he's being ignored, he needs to speak up! Jump into conversations, don't wait for them to come to you. Should be a good show tonight, sit back and enjoy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join