It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
in my opinion all the other candidates were trying to force feed their opinions down the peoples throats while Ron Paul waited patiently to point out the most important subjects that were NOT being discussed and should have been. That's why the people stood up and made them let Ron Paul speak, we don't care about the topics that aren't important so stop talking about them and get on the right subjects.

link   
Did anyone record it? Tried to watch here in the uk, but all the streaming sites kept having technical issues

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
To me, it shows weakness...who is going to push him around if he becomes President? Who will he allow to talk over him and control whatever situation he is in???

Frankly, I'd take a blind/deaf/mute/paraplegic with Ron Paul's policies as President over the other 4 (including Obama).

link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

ron who?

Its not Ron who my freind

Its Ron when.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe
Did anyone record it? Tried to watch here in the uk, but all the streaming sites kept having technical issues

You can watch it here when they post it

www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

link   
reply to post by dannotz

Oh thanks for that, well that's what I missed was Santorum's comment.

link   
Anyone else pick up on Romney plugging Mastercard, Visa and American Express saying how he would employ them to help in the fight for illegals LOL, ain't those the same company's that offered illegals bad home loans and credit that helped contribute to the economic collapse, hell it wouldn't surprise me if they even help smuggle them in.

link   
Did anyone catch the highlights following the debate, one ron paul highlight, and it sort of ridiculed him. I support him and all, but he won't become president of the united states, ever.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only decent man on the stage. It's just sad. It's all greed. Everyone knows a great president will never be elected. We live in sh*tville with sh*tville candidates and the whole world knows it - The media pretends like they are all legitimate candidates with legitimate arguments.

It's not that democrats are so great or that Ron Paul is so amazing... it's that Republicans have become a complete joke. They pander to religion, and yet always take the side of NOT helping people... Exactly what you'd expect from so-called Jesus folk, right? They're pro-war, pro-corporatism, pro-racism, pro-Bullsh*t.

You literally have to be selfish and/or ignorant to side with them. I wish Republicans wouldn't tie their hands with their obvious religious pandering and corporate corruption.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And Yea the voice of the audience was heard
throughout the internet,,,
and beyond,,
once again the the people shouted,, give us,, Paul,,
and Paul waited for the voice of the people,,and they said,, Paul,, we want Paul,

And so once again a glimmer, of hope,, appeared,
and the American dream flickerd,,
For know Paul was one with the voice,, of the American People,, listening to the acceptance of Reality and sence of Fair Play, rang forth,, "give us Paul,,"

it was moving,,

the President and the People, united,,again, as one,
kind of reminded me of Kennedy.

the force of opinion behind the Newt Campaign,,The Internet???
who knew,,lol,,,

link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe

I don't think you can stream from CNN to the UK, I think other UKers were watching it on satellite.

link   
reply to post by RSF77

I think people are getting confused over being pushed around on your beliefs...and being pushed around based on your personality.

These other candidates can easily just push Ron Paul off to the side, have their own debate and if it wasn't for the moderator and the crowd...Paul would say nothing.

Paul doesn't have a strong personality...he gets dominated and can't command control of the debates.

This has nothing to do with his beliefs or positions.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Have they mentioned Ron Paul's name at all in the last 20 minutes?

This is embarrassing for them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You sure Paul wasn't up there with his hand up while the other candidates were talking about abortion before Jon King prepared to switch the subject as the camera panned back out?

Also... Who's going to push Ron Paul around? We're talking about a guy who has been dubbed by some as "Dr. No", here.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
Did anyone catch the highlights following the debate, one ron paul highlight, and it sort of ridiculed him. I support him and all, but he won't become president of the united states, ever.

That is why he needs overwhelming support. They don't want him to win, we do. About time for democracy to make a comeback.

I would say Ron Paul's popular support is equal, if not greater than all the other R candidates and Obama, despite what you see on TV. It needs to be literally self evident that this is the man America wants.

reply to post by RSF77

I think people are getting confused over being pushed around on your beliefs...and being pushed around based on your personality.

These other candidates can easily just push Ron Paul off to the side, have their own debate and if it wasn't for the moderator and the crowd...Paul would say nothing.

Paul doesn't have a strong personality...he gets dominated and can't command control of the debates.

So we should elect bullies from now on?

There is a difference between having a weak personality and not being willing to pay for air time. You are repulsed by his humility? Like I said before, this is not high school or the UFC, this is a presidential debate. Ron Paul is apparently a man of principle, hes not here to entertain you like this is a soap opera.

Maybe watch more Jersey Shore and less debates.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   

I understand what you are saying and that is how it looks but I think Ron Paul has a strong enough personality and is avoiding a situation where he comes across as a 'crybaby'. Its a thin line and he would be 'constantly' complaining given his treatment by the press.

link   
These commentators think they are the story !!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Just like Dr. Paul says. The president can't change the country. The people have to change the country. At least he is putting out real solutions to get people thinking that things really could be better!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I understand what you are saying and that is how it looks but I think Ron Paul has a strong enough personality and is avoiding a situation where he comes across as a 'crybaby'. Its a thin line and he would be 'constantly' complaining given his treatment by the press.

I agree. I would prefer that a candidate wait patiently like a gentleman, rather than barge in like an obnoxious loud mouth moron.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I noticed Fred Thompson in the house and it sure looked like Scott Brown also in the audience.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join