It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And now the post debate CNN propaganda spin starts.
Time to start the Ron Paul bashing and saying he's unelectable.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thank you all, enjoyed watching and talking with you

Ill be back next time

go RP

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm not gonna say who won as I'm too biased to say so, but I will say, Dr Paul did a lot better than he did on the Fox SC debate the other nite.

I'm sure that Dr Paul will win all the online polls.

I did think Romney didn't perform well and did the worst of the four.

link   
And also, Ron Paul was cut off at the end when the camera was panning across the candidates.

With the debate over, I'm not quite sure how Outkast will explain that one either.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Romney is so full of it.

He hates freedom.

Romney: The Republican Obama

Gingrich: Questionable morals, poor decision making in the past.

Santorum: I just want to smack that smug little grin off his face.

Ron Paul is clearly the best candidate, but Mitt Romney is going to win again somehow. Just like magic again!

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here we go again with the typical spiel from Outkast.

And if Ron Paul demanded speaking time, you'd say he was whining too much and that crying would get him nowhere.

No, I expect them to ask for more time and take control of the debate.

I don't expect someone who wants to be President to sit there and be bullied by the other candidates and the moderator.

Ron Paul needed the crowd to speak up for him...that is weak IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Worse case scenario? Newt/Perry VS Obama/Hillary... aw... now how am I going to sleep for the next few days?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Let's talk Mitt, who's in? Mitt Romney Information Dump

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Worse case scenario? Newt/Perry VS Obama/Hillary... aw... now how am I going to sleep for the next few days?

Can you imagine a Perry/Biden debate. That might be the most hilarious thing to watch ever.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Dr Paul is doing very well tonight he made Santorum look so petty and the crowd were chanting Paul's name, I hope people see the irony in how all the GOP runners apart from Paul say they are pro life but then say lets invade Iran and kill millions pro life my butt what are you only living if you are American how can people listen to these 3 Amigos and not pick up on this.

Paul is pro life not just for some he supports it for all, who live honest and fair. Governments make war not the common people so why do we blame the innocent and make them pay not only in the poor nations but also here in the UK and USA

link   
Entertaining debate tonight. Thanks for all of the comments guys, and as others have stated, I even enjoyed Outkast's presence tonight. While he seems to pinpoint RP on everything, he's also relatively objective about his points, which is rare. Kudos to all.

link   

****ATTENTION****

The topic of this thread is Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET NOT other members.

Any posts talking about other members, attacking other members, off topic, and any other T&C violations will be actioned by staff. If this staff note is ignored and the T&C violations continue, you may be post banned.

Discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY!

Thank you!

link   
Great debate and I thank whoever timed each candidate. Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich did really really well tonight. For me it's down to those two at the moment. Since my man Huntsman is out. I'll probably lead more towards Gingrich but NJ isn't until June so I might not even be able to vote in the primaries.

Are you guys happy that Ron Paul got way more time this time? I am glad he answered other questions besides the ones about the economy. But Ron Paul needs more specific plans that just cutting the military spending. I would like to see more ideas from Ron Paul in the future and now that less people are up there there will be.

Newt always bashing the liberal bias. I loved it!!! He didn't come out as whiny and arrogant as he had in other debates, this time that label fell to santorum. I think SC will vote more conservative this time because they didn't really like Romney up there. Two standing ovations for Newt and a shout out for Ron Paul!

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Here we go again with the typical spiel from Outkast.

And if Ron Paul demanded speaking time, you'd say he was whining too much and that crying would get him nowhere.

I don't expect someone who wants to be President to sit there and be bullied by the other candidates and the moderator.

And the other candidates doesn't try to get the crowd to speak up for them aswell? Lol, sorry, but what you said there doesn't make any sense :|

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Best thing ever

Ron Paul/ Judge Neopolitian

Obama/Biden

Let see that VP debate

link   

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This is a republican presidential debate, not high school.

link   
^^^ "I am a doctor! [after all!]"

Even at the end of the debate when after the final statements the camera panned right starting with Santorum, (with , of course, Romney getting the most time on screen, Gingrich, and then they stopped right before it got to Paul.) No close up for him! One of the four candidates left.. EXCUSE ME, 3! They should have aired that interview on Gingrich! It should be 3!

Ron Paul does get a lot of applause, but I think Romney is just the candidate that those ignorant of liberty and policy will vote for. I love how he mentioned SC is known for its love for liberty. But back then, when they were fighting for freedom, they were taught morality with their education, not force fed garbage to regurgitate.

I am a pessimist in this situation. I've already mailed in my absentee ballot for Dr. Paul, but man, I think we're gonna find out real soon that the days of HOPE for a free life are coming to end.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join