It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan.19 CNN/Southern Republican Debate Discussion Thread 8 pm ET

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You really can't get over the fact that this is SUPPOSED to be a debate for adults, not children that have an ability to yell over one another.

A bully commands attention and respect on a schoolyard, does that mean he is fit for office?

Ron Paul FOLLOWS the RULES just like how he talks about the rule of law and the golden rule.

You'll spin anything regarding Ron Paul...why? You know why.

edit on 19-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
For me Ron Paul is insurance.

With Ron Paul as President - the child of this last NDAA will not pass. SOPA will not pass and anything else intended to protect government at the expense of its people will not pass.

I could use 4 years of rest from the last 20.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know the first place this will be re-aired or available to watch tonight?.. Just got back from a hot date and wanna check this madness out!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
Anyone else pick up on Romney plugging Mastercard, Visa and American Express saying how he would employ them to help in the fight for illegals LOL, ain't those the same company's that offered illegals bad home loans and credit that helped contribute to the economic collapse, hell it wouldn't surprise me if they even help smuggle them in.

Yes. I surely wan't impressed with that idea. I am guessing there might be an rfid somewhere in that proposal.

link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
FINAL DEBATE times approx.

1.romney 21:51
2.santorum 21:31
3.newt 18:23
4.paul 16:33

This is wrong, everyone should have equal time

But this may help Ron Paul too
Because alot of viewers were hopefully like me and thought: "will these two every shut up, what is this a soap opera?"

link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

i watched it on cnn website and im from the uk

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Sek82

I noticed Fred Thompson in the house and it sure looked like Scott Brown also in the audience.

Yeah, looked like front and center from the camera angle

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
Does anyone know the first place this will be re-aired or available to watch tonight?.. Just got back from a hot date and wanna check this madness out!

People always put up Ron Paul highlights on Youtube, might have to wait a few hours of course.

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

you're right...it wasn't equal time but at least it wasn't 89 seconds...

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by RSF77

I think people are getting confused over being pushed around on your beliefs...and being pushed around based on your personality.

These other candidates can easily just push Ron Paul off to the side, have their own debate and if it wasn't for the moderator and the crowd...Paul would say nothing.

Paul doesn't have a strong personality...he gets dominated and can't command control of the debates.

This has nothing to do with his beliefs or positions.

You are very confused.

Ron Paul does not comprimise and that is proven in his record. Running a country is not about butting in during televised debates.

Your argument is wafer thin at best, and frankly you sound like you are clutching at straws because Ron Paul was so good tonight.
edit on 19/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by GreatScot
Anyone else pick up on Romney plugging Mastercard, Visa and American Express saying how he would employ them to help in the fight for illegals LOL, ain't those the same company's that offered illegals bad home loans and credit that helped contribute to the economic collapse, hell it wouldn't surprise me if they even help smuggle them in.

Yes. I surely wan't impressed with that idea. I am guessing there might be an rfid somewhere in that proposal.

I caught that too. I'm sure those behemoth companies would be 100% trust worthy in securing our country from illegal immigration.
edit on 1/19/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The media's bias is really showing!!! I think Ron Paul did excellent, even if after the debate they didn't show him or talk to him or anything for that matter! The other guys spent seemed like hours going back and forth b*tch fighting with each other over stupid things, not Ron Paul he sat there waiting patiently to answer the question! That is one of the many reasons I love him, and he doesn't complain about the media bias either!

Ron Paul President 2012!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

I know of here. Not sure if any other place is quicker at it

www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by HallamFoe
Did anyone record it? Tried to watch here in the uk, but all the streaming sites kept having technical issues

I don't think you can stream from CNN to the UK, I think other UKers were watching it on satellite.

Yeah that's how I got it maybe try youtube its amazing how quick the news channels put them up or some viewer.

Also the point Outkast makes about Paul being timid and passive is noted by most but aint it always said less talk more action I would trust my whole Country to this man's hands he is the type of leader who makes us all stronger he gives a lot of people in the world hope and I hear his voice and message loud and clear all the way over here in Scotland, he gives us our voice and that's what matters to me and it should to everyone else that is what a leader does lead and empower all who follow.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
The media's bias is really showing!!! I think Ron Paul did excellent, even if after the debate they didn't show him or talk to him or anything for that matter! The other guys spent seemed like hours going back and forth b*tch fighting with each other over stupid things, not Ron Paul he sat there waiting patiently to answer the question! That is one of the many reasons I love him, and he doesn't complain about the media bias either!

Ron Paul President 2012!!!

Clearly Santorum has been told - pick as many fights as you can and you'll get all of the press, good or bad. CNN seems to think the arguments between these boneheads was much more relevant than anything Paul said.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul did great. There is not one thing I don't like about the guy. He may not be the best debater, but he is honest, intelligent and the only one running with any clue about how to deal with the mess our monetary system is in. Politicians promise the sky and deliver nothing.

He is already a hero. It's great to have a candidate you can believe in. It's a rarity.

The 2012 presidential election would be a total drag without him in it.

Thanks everybody for the great comments. I had to be away for the first part so it was nice to see the highlights of what I missed.

Remember, it isn't over till it's over.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

edit on 1/19/12 by Beldy because: double post

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How is Ron Paul supposed to show strength here? 32 minutes in to the CNN post-show discussion and Paul might as well be named Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Ron Paul was not "so good" tonight from my perspective.

He gave the same answer...and he rambled and stuttered, like he always does.

I know every Ron Paul supporter will say he won hands down...but will anyone else???

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is winning the quick vote so far.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join