It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmm, Why does the moon look lower than usual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If anyone says this is normal, you have got to be kidding me. I have never see the moon, the same height as my lamp post on the street. Especially at 12:00AM. That is not normal.

This is the front lamp post, not the back lamp post. Usually the moon goes down where the back lamp post is. WTH is going on?? And, usually at this time it is way higher than my lamp post.

That does not look right. And the bright star is in the back!!!!!!! Where the moon usually is right next to it. Explain that.

Go look for yourself...
edit on 14-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You've had your energy drink
and grown much taller ??

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
When I let the dog out an hour or so ago I noticed a bright light, very close to the ground, so I grabbed the video camera recorded for a min or 2.
Then did a google search to see what time the moon rises for my location. It said 11:24 P.M.
it was amazingly bright.

Heres the link I used.

www.timeanddate.com...

Hope it helps.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
YES another "moon is in the wrong place" thread, it's been like a week

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Weird, I put my city in and it says no matches.

Does that mean, I'm not on the map?

Least I provided a photo. Does that not look off to you? Moon is suppose to be in the sky. Like up in the sky.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
HAHA! Not on the map!
At first I was not sure what it was as the clouds were covering it at the top half, so I used Stellarium to see where it would rise for todays date, and it was right where it was soposed to be for todays date and time, very nice and bright to look at though!

Gave me a bit of a rush though cause at first I thought it should be somewhere else also but Stellairum set me straight.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't know. Still looks weird to me.

Never seen it like that before.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I never been much of a skywatcher until I came to ATS - but I'm also convinced I couldn't see stars until recently.

First time I saw Sirius (like 3 months ago) I stood on my porch and watched it for about 4 hours to see if it would make any sudden lefts!! (I'm not embarrassed either, shhhhh, even made my kids come out and see it, and I check every night to see where it is now, you know, just in case!)

Anyway, depending on the time of the month, your moon is going to be in different places. Unless you watch it every single night, its going to look weird. I only know this cause I did it too

I came out one night around 11pm, and I swear not only was the moon level with my head, but it was bright red. I had never seen that before, but after googling, seems like its just the moons menstrual cycle
(sorry) I tried to take pictures of mine, but they didn't come out so hot.

Anyway, yeah - write it down - keep a sky journal - you'll see what I mean. I personally do not keep track but I do know it had to be around about the time of the full moon cause it was.... almost a full moon - I mean its obvious when its less than a circle - I point this out cause just last week was a fullmoon - last sunday actually if memory serves (or actually monday, 2:06am EST)
edit on 15-1-2012 by Forevever because: i mek typohs

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I came out one night around 11pm, and I swear not only was the moon level with my head, but it was bright red. I had never seen that before, but after googling, seems like its just the moons menstrual cycle
(sorry) I tried to take pictures of mine, but they didn't come out so hot.
\

That's just horrid.

Don't have to remind us.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The thing is, if the moon, sun or anything ever "changed places", it would have effects on the Earth....it just couldn't happen without consequences.....it would be a catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You can't be serious?
You are?
OK. Don't tell anyone and don't go to Google or Wickipedia to look this up for verification--of course, you won't do that will you? But the Moon (Always capitalize our moon, please) has decided to be tardy. Actually it is habitually tardy. It has decided long, long ago to come up about a half of an hour later each day. That gives it that much more time each day to stay hidden and sleep.

Please, don't attempt to do any real research on this topic yourself, it could be dangeous to your well-being. Simply take what has been offered here and move on with the more important things in your life.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You're right. I have enough research to do.
My plate is full.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join