It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Taipei 101 UFO video (multiple angles)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yeah, Who know's my friend. Human "Equations" here on Earth though? Mean absolutely nothing in regards to the vast Universe. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by chr0naut

Yeah, Who know's my friend. Human "Equations" here on Earth though? Mean absolutely nothing in regards to the vast Universe. ~SheopleNation

Yeah, I think it was Carl Sagan who said that "if there wasn't intelligent life somewhere out there, it was an incredible waste of space".

I tend to agree.

But also like Sagan, I feel that the likelihood that we could ever communicate (due to the distances involved) is very small. I also think he based his ideas on the Drake Equation's result at the time (when some of the variables were less known).

edit on 2/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I hate to be a buzz kill on this one but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say those are spotlights, you can even see the beams of light striking the sides of the tower at a couple of points in the vid on page 10

I'll be honest as soon as I saw those I was immediately reminded of the "hope" lights being projected into the sky over Christchurch (my home town in NZ) at the moment in recognition of the (continuing) earthquakes. they are extremely bright spotlights that roam around the sky and look very similar in movement and lighting effect so I hope i dont get crucified for giving this theory but if you think about it logically it makes more sense than a fleet of UFO's zipping around at massive velocity looking like drunk bees.

[EDIT] ah hahahaha.... well as it turns out sleep depravation and earthquakes (we've had over 40 in the last 24 hours, all above a 3 mag) are not a good mix for cognitive process, I was under the impression we were discussing the roving lights all around the tower but now i get whats going on here......well that is a slightly more perplexing mystery isn't it...... will have to excuse me whilst i go remove my foot from my mouth, great impression im making as a new member
edit on 2-1-2012 by TreehouseIndustries because: general incompetence/sleep deprevation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've clocked the object travelling @ 50 mph in the slowest possible case, if the object is travelling parallel to the camera's horizon and is aligned with the Taipei 101. In any other case, it has to be travelling faster than 50mph.

Birds have been clocked faster at cruising speeds, but the sudden stop and strong acceleration make it unlikely to be a bird in my opinion.

Winds in Taipei on the night were at a maximum of 20mph in the wrong direction. It's unlikely to be debris.
edit on 2-1-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I really can't see how these can be spotlights or any other object that omits light bar an aircraft. Unless there were lights on top of the building itself which were reflecting on to this craft or off another object it simply cannot be 'just a light'. I have feeling this is going to be one of the best UFO sightings we're going to have this year as no-one can really debunk it at the moment.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I found another clip of the UFO. After watching this clip i am convinced its not a UAV nor a balloon .
AT 55 secs on the vid the object appears and comes down from the sky intelligently making its way towards the 101 building ,for me this is the clincher the fact its so high up to begin with then makes its way down in a controlled manner .

Here also a good one with a few angles on it .

edit on 2-1-2012 by shambles84 because: more info

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just amazing. Great find and post. Im very excited about the 2012 year. I hope everyone is ready!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Learn how difficult it is to travel in space and then call me. I guarantee you once you do, which I doubt, you'll realize all ufo's are man made
reply to post by dilly1

So..what you're saying is,that because it's so difficult to travel in space that all UFO's are man made?Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that because it's so difficult to fly in space that all UFO's would be alien made?Taking in the consideration that they would be lightyears beyond us in technology.

The people that act like they know for sure what the object is are ignorant.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

Learn how difficult it is to travel in space and then call me. I guarantee you once you do, which I doubt, you'll realize all ufo's are man made
reply to post by dilly1

So..what you're saying is,that because it's so difficult to travel in space that all UFO's are man made?Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that because it's so difficult to fly in space that all UFO's would be alien made?Taking in the consideration that they would be lightyears beyond us in technology.

The people that act like they know for sure what the object is are ignorant.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

First of all, learn your stuff before getting involved in a debate with anyone ,let alone here on ATS. You sound like a 10 year old girl.

Second, one doesn't fly in space . There is no atmosphere. You either travel at the speed of light (or close to it) or create your own event horizon by folding space. There is another way but it is really primitive: orbiting thru space; which is the only capability for humans in even contemplating space travel. Meaning its pointless to even try.

And explain to me how your brain figured out to conclude this statement: "wouldn't it make more sense to say that because its so difficult to fly space that all ufo's would be alien made"???????????what is that statement? You do understand 99% of all ufo evidence is here on earth. So why would you assume they came from space ? Are you that desperate? Desperate to want aliens to exist so bad.

Because its so difficult to travel in space , IF aliens came here you would be dead. You would end up hating aliens... All because its to hard to travel in space(to accomplish this task would make one a living god). Your assuming since aliens are light years ahead of us in technology , that they would be nicer than us. Why? Where's the evidence to support that? Where!!!!!!!!!

Your making everything up as you go along. And you call me ignorant? I'm ignorant because my opinion is based on 100% logic,not one ounce of faith or hope. And I am ignorant? C'mon!!!

Your not even sure "ignorance is bliss", you said "I guess". Talking about insecure.
I'll tell you what's bliss: Faith and Hope. That's bliss. Never forget that. If you do then your Ignorant.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Well this was the angle I was waiting for! Obviously a UAV of some sort. It takes off and lands in the same exact area. Might have been a prototype, heck even a Government controlled one but it is not organic or alien to me at this point.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Originally posted by dilly1
Debating? I just ended your debate. Learn how difficult it is to travel in space and then call me. I guarantee you once you do, which I doubt, you'll realize all ufo's are man made.

>Implying the debate is over, regardless of if it is or not.
>Implying if Aliens exist that they have the same technology as Humans and are subject to said difficulties.
>Implying somebody will realize something
>Implying all UFOs are man made, regardless of evidence.

You realize that is an extremely illogical argument, right?

You can't prove aliens do not exist just as much as you can prove that they do exist.

In any regard, it sounds like you are here merely to play the Devil's advocate.

Ahh,,, did I pee on your faith and hope(ignorance) for little green shy men existing.?

The debate is over and I will clearly explain why. All UFO's are FO's. You call them unidentified because your dying to know what it is exactly. Since(obviously), you don't know what it is,and no you don't have the right to know, you guess on what it is. And since your mind is still very primitive you do the same thing ancient people did with lighting or thunder. In this case you have been brainwashed by TV nonsense, so you call them "aliens".

All videos , photos and eyewitness accounts can be fabricated by man. So I do not and will not ever consider any of it Evidence.

You call me illogical. No my friend, I am 100% logical. I base everything on logic. I don't believe in faith nor hope. That is for the weak minded. Which most are.

I have never said ET does not exist. I have countless times, in the past said, that we live in am infinite universe and since we live in an infinite universe there must be at least one mirror image of earth some where else in space. Could there be 10 or 10 million other earths? Off course . But who cares about those percentages. Traveling in space is impossible. And whomever conquerors(figures out) the impossible controls the universe. Which wouldn't be a good thing for the host planet.

That's why I don't have to prove aliens exist or not. I just proved to you the vital component for your alien fantasy to be false, which is do to space travel is so dam hard. For some reason you people continuously skip that part.

I am no devil's advocate. I am trying to teach you people, that your being lied to every time someone on ATS or on TV or in the movies is showing alien perversion. Its all made up.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

So why would you assume they came from space

Because you assumed they were man made!

In other words..A UFO is a UFO until someone identifies it.And all we have left is the debate.I'm not saying you're wrong.I'm not saying you're right..YOU are!

All I'm saying is you don't know.

And that I think the object was moving too fast to be man made!I'm not saying all UFO's are alien.I only said it because you assume they are all man made.And there's no way you could possibly know that.Just like there's no way I could know if all UFO's are alien made.

But don't sit there and insult people or act like you're right and I'm wrong when you don't know!
edit on 2-1-2012 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

That is an extremely arrogant position.

To say that All UFO's are Man made is the height of ignorance, since even the Condon Report admits that around 5% of all the cases they investigated are Unidentified, and it was their job to NOT find any UFO's.

Secondly, you have absolutley no way of knowing the one true physics which underlies the ability of all matter in the universe.

Not only do our best and brightest Physicists not know, but, by the very presence of the own consciousness, they Cannot know.

Look up the effect of consciousness on Particle Physics sometime.

I get that you are simply too invested in your own idea of how the universe works to change your mind at this point, it is a sad state that scientists arrive at when ego and past learning has clouded their ability to be unbiased observers any more, but you cannot know all the mysteries and physical properties of a nearly infinite space, no matter how much you believe you can.

If you are admonishing people for their strict adherence to an illogical dogma, admonish yourself as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is going to be quite a year folks. I don't know what, when or where. But we must stay ever vigilant!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Ahh,,, did I pee on your faith and hope(ignorance) for little green shy men existing.?

The debate is over and I will clearly explain why. All UFO's are FO's. You call them unidentified because your dying to know what it is exactly. Since(obviously), you don't know what it is,and no you don't have the right to know, you guess on what it is. And since your mind is still very primitive you do the same thing ancient people did with lighting or thunder. In this case you have been brainwashed by TV nonsense, so you call them "aliens".

Obviously. I'm not sure why you keep getting on this "They aren't UFOs they are FOs" kick. Do you realize what UFO stands for? Unidentified Flying Object. It's flying, it's an object, and it is unidentified. You just said yourself that "Since(obviously, you don't know what it is" which just supports the fact that it is unidentified. I'm not sure what the point of that bit was other than an attempt to call people primitive minded. Perhaps I am since I cannot understand you.

All videos , photos and eyewitness accounts can be fabricated by man. So I do not and will not ever consider any of it Evidence.

If that is your logic then, in theory, nothing relevant to this world should be believed. Sounds like epistemological nihilism to me.

You call me illogical. No my friend, I am 100% logical. I base everything on logic. I don't believe in faith nor hope. That is for the weak minded. Which most are.

I have never said ET does not exist. I have countless times, in the past said, that we live in am infinite universe and since we live in an infinite universe there must be at least one mirror image of earth some where else in space. Could there be 10 or 10 million other earths? Off course . But who cares about those percentages. Traveling in space is impossible. And whomever conquerors(figures out) the impossible controls the universe. Which wouldn't be a good thing for the host planet.

Really? Traveling in space is IMPOSSIBLE? That is the most irrational thing I've heard yet. Then you say the universe has impossible controls(??) but imply that someone can "figure them out". That seems logical to be able to do something that you just claimed was impossible.

That's why I don't have to prove aliens exist or not. I just proved to you the vital component for your alien fantasy to be false, which is do to space travel is so dam hard. For some reason you people continuously skip that part.

I am no devil's advocate. I am trying to teach you people, that your being lied to every time someone on ATS or on TV or in the movies is showing alien perversion. Its all made up.

The funny thing is, you keep making all these claims about me, which, obviously you would know, right? However, not once in this thread have I said that it is an ALIEN. I have just disputed the statements against the fact that it is an alien.

Also, you did not prove anything. You just made the claim that space travel is difficult. However, that is just assuming, if aliens exist, that they are limited to the same means of space trave as we are. Even then, you can't technically know what the government is capable of. For all we know they could have developed far more advanced means of space travel than the ones we common folk know about. Again, you are just making assumptions. All assumptions are illogical.

It is illogical to assume that I believed that object to be an alien. It is illogical to assume that I have a fantasy about a "shy green man" existing. It is illogical to say that space travel is impossible (especially when later you just say that it is merely "dam hard" not impossible). It is illogical to assume that we are being lied to about aliens in this thread when the original poster never even claimed that it was an alien; only that it was a UFO.

Please don't claim to be basing your arguments on logic if you aren't even aware of what the word defines.

The intent of this thread is to identify an unidentified flying object. Not assume that it is an alien.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by dilly1

So why would you assume they came from space

Because you assumed they were man made!

In other words..A UFO is a UFO until someone identifies it.And all we have left is the debate.I'm not saying you're wrong.I'm not saying you're right..YOU are!

All I'm saying is you don't know.

And that I think the object was moving too fast to be man made!I'm not saying all UFO's are alien.I only said it because you assume they are all man made.And there's no way you could possibly know that.Just like there's no way I could know if all UFO's are alien made.

But don't sit there and insult people or act like you're right and I'm wrong when you don't know!
edit on 2-1-2012 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)
Wow you are so blind. The reason why I say ALL FO's are man made is because its freakin impossible to travel in space. That's why!!!!!!!! Off course all these FO's are "unidentified" to me because I nor any of you people created or designed those Flying Object. I nor any of you are Aeronautical(space) Engineers to actually depict what this or that could be. That's why it will always be unidentified to average Joe's. Are you an average Joe? Well if I am your definitely one.

And screw this particular object,frankly screw them all. We are on the ground looking up. From this approach we can never understand any FO do to it looking 2 dimensional, since its way above us.

So I'm saying All FO's are man made and you say some are and some aren't ?? What is wrong with you. How did you come to that conclusion? How can you approach the FO phenomena with thinking a small percentage is certainly alien tourists?? How!!!!

There is no gray, its either all or none. Fantasy thinkers love the gray.

I am not insulting. I am stating the obvious. Which you all decide to ignore. Please learn to grow some thick skin.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

You are making ginormous leaps of 'logic.'

And UFO's are a subcategory of FO's.

You are splitting hairs, at best.

There is no way you can know that which is unknown.

Trains were impossible before they were not.

To say that it cannot be done to travel from one galaxy to another because we have not done it yet is just infantile.

Tell that to Marco Polo...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"Hey Bob!"

"Yeah Ron?"

"What's there to do on this little backwater rock anyways?"

"Well, Not much.... they don't have Hyperwave, they don't have the Infininet, They don't even have Holographic Data Spheres!"

"Well, I guess we could just play 12 dimensional Zlontz.... Holy Quarblax! Are they Exploding that building?"

"Well, that's not something you see every day..."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

All im saying is that I would love to see a man made object make these maneuvers let alone the pilot driving them without his head exploding.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Aliens come to Earth to view the fireworks.

Exactly, as opposed to Humans KNOWING there will be a display and going to watch! I mean anything odd on a night like this has to be put down to unknown human celebration. Otherwise folks have believe what you you jokingly stated : Aliens came to watch the fireworks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join