It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Taipei 101 UFO video (multiple angles)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Have any of you thought about AR drone? I know it's very popular in that part of the world.

They have a max range of about 400m in any given direction, or 800m (theorectically) up. Basically as much as you have wifi coverage. I'm guessing that tower has pretty good wifi coverage.

edit on 1-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Found another great footage.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I really would like for this to be the real thing but has anybody seen the amazing R/C Led kites on the market now? They're pretty big in asia and look amazing in the night sky. A possibility of it being one of these?

Haven't the time to embed but here is a link......

www.youtube.com...

Oops...just saw the post above
Thinking along the same lines

edit on 1-1-2012 by Gunsmoke38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

And you'd think the people videoing the event would realise it was just these balloons...

That's a good point. The guy filming this had a far better vantage point than we have so why didn't HE see it was just a lit lantern???? He didn't sound like a hoaxer.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that these lanterns can be seen so far away. These are just regular helium-like sized balloons, right?
I just don't see that.
I think I'd have a hard time discerning a hot-air balloon (that carries 6 people) from that distance let alone a small 'lit' balloon

I linked this video earlier, and asked the person who posted it on you tube about the object. please see the comments.
I going to ask some other people who posted these videos on their opinions.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

post by Human_Alien
Gortex.....the ATS of reason. The one who totally straighten out my Canadian alien coin discussion

No hard feelings I hope

post by Human_Alien
What say you dear wise one???? A remote controlled toy? Surveillance or camera drone?

Ouch ....maybe there are

I don't know what it is as all we have is video of a light maneuvering around the tower , but common sense says its probably a remote controlled something either piloted by the authorities or a local RC enthusiast .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

an rc thing that appears to be moving faster than the fireworks at over 100 floors up. no thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I have used these before, very cool but at that height the buffiting from the wind would make it impossible to control.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

an rc thing that appears to be moving faster than the fireworks at over 100 floors up. no thank you.

If you notice, when the fireworks start it heads down. Before that it's pretty slow moving. Gravity my friend, gravity.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I guess it depends on how windy it is there right now. Just so you know, it's summer in Taipei.

To add, this video linked above shows hardly any wind, if there is any at all (look at the tree's and the smoke from the fireworks).

Also in this video you will see that it ("UFO") orginates in the same place as it's final destination. Coincidence?

edit on 1-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by dilly1

Generalizing? If you didn't believe in alien's taxing around earth , you(all) wouldn't care about UFO's.

Ufologists? Is that even an actual term let alone a profession???????. How do you become a Ufologist?

What I am posting is extremely interesting. The problem is you people are so brainwashed by hollywood that you really believe the crap that's fed to you....... Then you see something sky and immediately you(all)assume its ET phoning home.

Wow

You seem to have an agenda and that's to: attempt to mop the floor with this thread, this topic and its people. Is there a particular reason why you're here? It can't be to grace us with your effervescent personality or to impart us with your infinite wisdom seeing you come off so cocky and cold.

Brainwashed by Hollywood? But to laugh at.

I wish that was the beginning and end of my 'experience' and the reason for it. If you only knew.

You know, I don't wish to hurl insults back and forth but ironically, it's you I feel empathic towards.. Not sure why that it.

I can only hope you close your eyes (and mouth) to see.
Don't we all have some type of agenda. Your agenda is actually a delusion. You deliberately choose to ignore the difficulty of traveling in an infinite space. You actually, like most on this thread, think aliens are seasonal tourist as if earth was vegas. I'm trying to open your "subjective open mind",,,lol; this is my particular reason why I am here.

Please tell me your extensive experience in analyzing objects and lights in the night sky.

I never close my eyes nor mouth , as long as people like yourself ignore the hard ache of space travel.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I know flying these things at just above my house level on a calm day, you loose control.
foward to 3.40 mark in the video on this link. aca.ninemsn.com.au...

Also in this video you will see that it ("UFO") orginates in the same place as it's final destination. Coincidence?

Good observation, your probs right that it's a rc craft of some kind. just not the"ar drone"
My guess is that it's a rc craft used by the news/media to capture images of the fire works.
edit on 1/1/12 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It has become increasingly clear to me that from today forward all reported ufo sightings that involve lights of any kind will be blamed entirely on remote controlled toys. Not much sense in even trying to put forth anything else. Geesh people.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
It has become increasingly clear to me that from today forward all reported ufo sightings that involve lights of any kind will be blamed entirely on remote controlled toys. Not much sense in even trying to put forth anything else. Geesh people.

That's probably because it's the most likely thing it can be. Now if that light danced around a bit and then zoomed off at some stupid speed, or plucked a cow up from a nearby field, or a little green man poked his head out the top and waved at the camera, then we wouldn't be able to say it's an RC toy, would we?

I've seen some pretty mad things, so don't take me as a debunker just for the sake of debunking. I am simply after the truth, and I won't be a believer just for the sake of believing either.

The truth is all that counts.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
demons, angels, aliens and birds, oh! my!

Like a poster said before "if it flew off at great speed or something" I would be impressed, but this thing stayed conveniently in a relatively small area were it could be seen by many during the fire works display.

Now if I were going to perpetuate a hoax with my geobat this would have been the perfect venue, but I would NEVER do such a thing

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Digsy

Sorry diggsy, don't buy it. Bloods don't move that fast and defintly dont zig-zag across the sky like that, unless ofcourse there was a very strong wind. Also, where are the rest of the bloods?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So they just decided to fly a rc helicopter with a big light on it in a weird pattern?

Wouldn't be able to go that fast nor make those hair pin turns with all that weight.

And we all know a real helicopter can't move like that.

It's still an unidentified flying object aka UFO.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How about some research and analysis instead of bickering back and fourth?

Read this:
thehoaxkiller.com...

It turns out, so far, that the object is about 493 meters above ground, and only 88 meters away from the center of Taipai 101. This actually means the object is very small, and not traveling very fast at all.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
So they just decided to fly a rc helicopter with a big light on it in a weird pattern?

Wouldn't be able to go that fast nor make those hair pin turns with all that weight.

And we all know a real helicopter can't move like that.

It's still an unidentified flying object aka UFO.

Its unidentified to average joes like ALL of us(Meaning all ATS members). Does that give any us the right to connect any FO to alien tourists; based on fabricated evidence.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

That's because it's NOT a rc helicopter it's a fixed winged rc air craft and yes they are fully capable of those maneuvers.
I can fly like that day or night

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I like how people assume an Alien created UFO has to be subject to such things as: abduction, extreme speeds, sporadic movements. As if you know what an alien spacecraft would be capable of and what its intent would be.

Do our aircraft move in extremely sporadic, zig-zagy patterns? No, because that is a moronic means of flight. You can't prove that it is an RC-plane just as we can not prove that it is a UFO. There is really no point to this debate. Believe what you wish and be happy with it.

However, don't believe that a UFO has to follow the cliché means of travel that everyone claims.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join