It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

What about the thousands of manuscripts for the new testament? I guess their all "corrupt" according to you right?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Research Experimental Evolution. Ever since mankind decided to grow plants and domesticate animals, evolution has been proven to a degree. Look at the difference between a boar and a domesticated pig. Same animal, but over many generations the tusks stop growing, the hair shortens, the mind changes.
The evidence mounts much heavier on the evolutionary side of the scale than it does on the creationist side, which offers zero evidence.

no that's called selective breeding, where animals with more disireable traits are chosen and bread.
in other words, you could say that the breeders are creating a new animal.
are they not creating something that had not existed before.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Correct go to a horse track or dog show and look at the breeding charts. All evolution baby.

thats called selective breeding and is not evolution. You never see a dog giving birth to a cat. Because they are apart of different kinds. You did give me a chuckle though.

Every breed of dog on Earth can traced back to Wolves using DNA.
Think about that for a minute. Labs, Huskies, Dalmations, Great Danes, Beagles, and Chihuahuas all come from the same animal. Selective breeding?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Exactly they are off the same kind (wolf). No evolution to be found there.
Think about it for a minute. A wolf does not produce a cat or a frog or a buffalo. All those breeds you mentioned are of the same "Dog kind".
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

More than Likely. I want you to read this even I know you won't because of your arrogance but I'll post it anyway.

www.seesharppress.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by dilly1

i wasn't wise cracking! i was showing ya a cool thing, which you don't think is a cool thing!
who woulda thunk it! if black holes can be super massive, so can white holes and wormholes.

Sorry,, the "ooooo" part seemed sarcastic. And the fact that you forgot to mention "showing ya a cool thing" and the video was completely the opposite about worm holes,, I assumed you were being challenging. Again sorry

But to correct you on your last statement. Black or super holes are theoretical. We don't have the technology to send a device close enough to a suspected black hole. Basically we can't get there and analyze it. Worm holes are everywhere but really small. And to capture one and open it big enough for a "human UFO" to go thru it would take "new physics",, which is impossible to achieve.

There you have it. Sorry again.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

What gets me is how the bible thumpers never take a history class. They original Christian bible was put together from 1000s of other books at the Council of Nicaea, then poorly translated by King James and company. I mean hell if the thumpers wanted a clue you would think they would use the original hebrew bible.

Wow, your history class taught you that the books of the Bible were decided at the Council of Nicea? That's interesting. My suggestion is either stop using Dan Brown books as History textbooks, or demand to be refunded your money for the credit hours you received:

Misconceptions:

The Biblical Canon

Main article: Development of the Christian Biblical canon

A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all. The development of the Biblical Canon took centuries, and was nearly complete (with exceptions known as the Antilegomena) by the time the Muratorian fragment was written, perhaps as early as 150 years before the council, but more likely in the 4th century, specifically at the Council of Carthage in 397 and 419. In 331 Constantine commissioned fifty Bibles for the Church of Constantinople, but little else is known, though it has been speculated that this may have provided motivation for canon lists. In Jerome's Prologue to Judith he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures".

First Council of Nicea ~ Wiki

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Read a few paragraphs. There cause for argument is Christianity is dishonest based on Pascal’s wager. Well pascal’s wager has nothing to do with anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Think about it for a minute. A wolf does not produce a cat or a frog or a buffalo. All those breeds you mentioned are of the same "Dog kind".

All dogs are descendants of the wolf. ALL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I think it would do you good if you read more than that. # 5 should speak directly to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

All dogs are descendants of the wolf. ALL

Not disagreeing with you... God made the wolf kind first. And then other breeds eventually formed through breeding. So those other breeds mentioned show no evidence of a new kind being created through evolution.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Correct go to a horse track or dog show and look at the breeding charts. All evolution baby.

thats called selective breeding and is not evolution. You never see a dog giving birth to a cat. Because they are apart of different kinds. You did give me a chuckle though.

Every breed of dog on Earth can traced back to Wolves using DNA.
Think about that for a minute. Labs, Huskies, Dalmations, Great Danes, Beagles, and Chihuahuas all come from the same animal. Selective breeding?

Labs, Huskies, Dalmatians, Great Danes, Beagles, and Chihuahuas are still dogs correct?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What do you think evolution is? If you think it's just spontaneous changes, then you're wrong, though that does happen too. link

Evolution comes from mutations, passed genetically from parent to offspring, and on and on, over thousands if not millions of years, depending on the environment.
A dog gives birth to a smaller dog, which then gives birth to an equally small dog. Pretty soon we have a smaller race of the same dog that, if bred with a large dog, will carry a 50/50 chance of passing on said small gene.
This newly small race of dogs moves to a new area to follow a food supply. The environment is colder here. Within 10 generations we begin to see hair getting longer and longer in the puppies being born. These long haired dogs breed with a short haired dog, and there's a 50/50 chance that dog will have long hair. Since the chances of the longer haired dogs are better in the cold climate, the long haired dogs become the dominate species.

That's how evolution works. Eventually we begin to see color changes and body type changes as the animals adapt to the foliage and temperature of their surroundings.

Fair skinned people are a sign of evolution. So are colored eyes. These are mutations, which have led to new species of humans in the world. We are interbreedable, like dogs, but we are genetically different.

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Selective breeding is the very crux of evolution. "Ooh, Junior has a slightly longer beak which makes it better to get at our food of choice...If Junior breeds with other long beaked versions in our species perhaps their offspring will be able to eat better." [obviously this isn't actual birds talking...Just want to make sure you're not going to attack that bit to distract from the nub of nub of my gist...).

Same thing as breeding a horse which is faster than others with other fast horses. The result can be much faster horses.
It's just speeding up evolution or giving it a nudge in a designated direction.
Nothing to do with magical, mythological deities breathing life into mud.

A dog giving birth to a cat? Where did that come from? Who mentioned that?
That's a smoke screen, and you know it. Take that back as ridiculous rhetoric!
If you can't argue/debate sensibly, then take your leave. Don't make up stuff to try to ridicule.

If you take viszlers, Spanish pointers, English pointers, and a couple of other breeds, over time you will be able to breed something like a German Short-Haired Pointer. Selective breeding? Yes. If, for example wolves from different packs, terrain, and climate were to interbreed, you might get a sub-species of wolf.
No cats involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Maybe this is what he was hoping to happen:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

But to correct you on your last statement. Black or super holes are theoretical.

Correct me if I am wrong, but cannot Astronomers/Astrophysicists measure the gravitational effect black holes have on nearby stars?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

What do you think evolution is? If you think it's just spontaneous changes, then you're wrong, though that does happen too. link

Evolution comes from mutations, passed genetically from parent to offspring, and on and on, over thousands if not millions of years, depending on the environment.
A dog gives birth to a smaller dog, which then gives birth to an equally small dog. Pretty soon we have a smaller race of the same dog that, if bred with a large dog, will carry a 50/50 chance of passing on said small gene.
This newly small race of dogs moves to a new area to follow a food supply. The environment is colder here. Within 10 generations we begin to see hair getting longer and longer in the puppies being born. These long haired dogs breed with a short haired dog, and there's a 50/50 chance that dog will have long hair. Since the chances of the longer haired dogs are better in the cold climate, the long haired dogs become the dominate species.

That's how evolution works. Fair skinned people is a sign of evolution. So are colored eyes. These are mutations, which have led to new species of humans in the world. We are interbreedable, like dogs, but we are genetically different.

Nope. Jesus....of Nazareth....the Galilean....Jewish carpenter... was blond, and blue eyed, and tall.
If you don't believe me, I can show you in a book. It's called the Bible (special edition for non cult members).

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Starred. You and I must have been typing at the same time.

No one ever wants to talk about the Judah having been, and still being primarily black. Why

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Maybe this is what he was hoping to happen:

Wow, that thing is ugly. Haha

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

What gets me is how the bible thumpers never take a history class. They original Christian bible was put together from 1000s of other books at the Council of Nicaea, then poorly translated by King James and company. I mean hell if the thumpers wanted a clue you would think they would use the original hebrew bible.

Wow, your history class taught you that the books of the Bible were decided at the Council of Nicea? That's interesting. My suggestion is either stop using Dan Brown books as History textbooks, or demand to be refunded your money for the credit hours you received:

Misconceptions:

The Biblical Canon

Main article: Development of the Christian Biblical canon

A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all. The development of the Biblical Canon took centuries, and was nearly complete (with exceptions known as the Antilegomena) by the time the Muratorian fragment was written, perhaps as early as 150 years before the council, but more likely in the 4th century, specifically at the Council of Carthage in 397 and 419. In 331 Constantine commissioned fifty Bibles for the Church of Constantinople, but little else is known, though it has been speculated that this may have provided motivation for canon lists. In Jerome's Prologue to Judith he claims that the Book of Judith was "found by the Nicene Council to have been counted among the number of the Sacred Scriptures".

First Council of Nicea ~ Wiki

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

I think you should deny ignorance.

No human today can claim the true authenticity of the bible or the quran or any scripture from antiquity. No one. The people that wrote that "off-site content" have no proof. Just assumptions or faith. And your taking there work as fact.

And to be fair , that includes the council of Nicea also. We really just don't know. Its all faith when believing antiquity jargon.

And try not using wikipedia has your second edition to holy scripture.

I suggest you try reading "Forged" by Bart D. Ehrman

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join