It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Look, if anything is out there we most do not know what it is and we can't Prove that such Deities exist because we have not one shred if Evidence for the Existence of a God and teaching kids that this is real and that if they don't believe blindly in something they can't even see or thy will burn for it is not only manipulative but it's not fair to those kids. And I'm speaking on the behalf of millions of children in America.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Why are you talking about cults all of a sudden? I think I should report your post as off-topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by undo

Look, if anything is out there we most do not know what it is and we can't Prove that such Deities exist because we have not one shred if Evidence for the Existence of a God and teaching kids that this is real and that if they don't believe blindly in something they can't even see or thy will burn for it is not only manipulative but it's not fair to those kids. And I'm speaking on the behalf of millions of children in America.

i don't believe they will burn for it so i wouldn't be teaching them that. i think hell and the lake of fire concepts are related to wormholes. here's what i consider to be some of the most amazing evidence of this (turn off the music if you have trouble concentrating on reading the words)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

1. You are saved by Grace alone

correct, faith and grace alone in Christ Jesus. You confess Jesus is Lord and then repent and be born again.

2. Anyone who doesn’t believe the bible goes to hell.

No... Anyone that's not covered by the blood of the lamb go's to hell that have had the opportunity to hear the gospel.

Now my question to you my friend is:

When willy you repent to Jesus for your idolatry of Mary?
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wormholes?!?!? SERIOUSLY? How can you truly believe that and be born again?

Why make up your own scripture when Jesus was clear that you WILL burn. He talked about Hell more than heaven even... Sorry but if you don't believe Jesus own words then you can't really be a Christian. Its not pick or choose. Its all or nothing...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Which additions would this be then? I hope you know mutations are not additions they are a malfunction of biological processes.

A mechanism that is likely to be particularly common for adding information is gene duplication, in which a long stretch of DNA is copied, followed by point mutations that change one or both of the copies. Genetic sequencing has revealed several instances in which this is likely the origin of some proteins. For example:
Two enzymes in the histidine biosynthesis pathway that are barrel-shaped, structural and sequence evidence suggests, were formed via gene duplication and fusion of two half-barrel ancestors (Lang et al. 2000).
RNASE1, a gene for a pancreatic enzyme, was duplicated, and in langur monkeys one of the copies mutated into RNASE1B, which works better in the more acidic small intestine of the langur. (Zhang et al. 2002)
Yeast was put in a medium with very little sugar. After 450 generations, hexose transport genes had duplicated several times, and some of the duplicated versions had mutated further. (Brown et al. 1998)

Energy is not a biological organism and by itself has never been observed to create life.

Biological Organisms are made up of energy. Trust me. Has it been "observed" that energy morphs into an "organism?" No. Because none of us live to be millions of years old. It's a theory, but a very rational one... kinda like gravity, which is also just a theory.

As for where did God come from, God is eternal and has always been. He did not come from anywhere.

^
^ This is not a theory. This is an opinion, and until "God" manifests him/her/itself a little better, i.e. finding a better PR firm than other people, it will remain an opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Biological Organisms are made up of energy. Trust me. Has it been "observed" that energy morphs into an "organism?" No. Because none of us live to be millions of years old. It's a theory, but a very rational one... kinda like gravity, which is also just a theory.

^
^ This is not a theory. This is an opinion.

^ ^ This is not a theory. This is an opinion, and until "God" manifests him/her/itself a little better, i.e. finding a better PR firm than other people, it will remain an opinion.

Um actually no its not an opinion, it says in the bible.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Why make up your own scripture when Jesus was clear that you WILL burn. He talked about Hell more than heaven even...

watch the video i posted.
ancient egyptians also had a lake of fire. it wasn't a lake. it was a door way with blazing light come out of it.
yes, seriously. maybe hell is a slave planet or something at the other end of a wormhole, that's even worse than this one. i dunno. all i know is, i have been studying this stuff for a very long time, and there's alot more words in the bible than most people even bother reading or learning about.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by dilly1

You can call me what you want but that doesn't change the truth. Anyone who says these following sayings does not understand the bible, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit.

1. You are saved by Grace alone
2. Anyone who doesn’t believe the bible goes to hell.

Now if you say both of those or even just the second one you do not understand. God did not write a book that is full of difficult to understand halve truths that can only be interpreted by a few. God is not a God of confusion but a God of Order.

Here is some misinterpreted scripture to show you what I mean.

Luke 12:8-10
8 “I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. 9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. 10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

This passage says that if I publicly acknowledge Christ I will be acknowledged to the angels.

Here is the part that Christians repeatedly get wrong. You see only a believer can disown Christ. For an unbeliever never owned Christ so they cannot disown something they never claimed ownership of. The next verse proves that my interpretation is the only correct way to interpret.

So if I talk to someone about Jesus and they say something against me or Jesus they will be forgiven.

But if a believer says something against the Spirit they will not be forgiven. How do you not understand the disgrace you bring to our lord when you continue to sin after you have been saved and given the gift of the spirit? Read the letters from Paul to the Church he repeats this message over and over and over again.

So call me what you want but we must love our neighbors as ourselves.

I pray God that this messages reaches all who need it, in the name of your son Jesus Christ.
edit on 30-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

I could careless about 1 or 2.

You have no clue who wrote any scripture of any holy book . You hope and think its GOD who wrote the bible. But you really don't know. That's why you need faith. Brain washing needs constant reassurance.

The thing is you don't know if Luke really wrote that. But you believe it.

Forgiven??? Really? Why would any logical person would want to be in a position where forgiveness is part of the core protocol. Who cares about forgiveness. That's fantasy talk. You sound like a slave.

Oh and Paul didn't write any letters. So who wrote them?? No one really knows.

Jesus Christ is my son ?
How does that work?

Hey bud its your life. Make the best of it, you only get one chance.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Dude what is wrong with you. Your such a damn bully and you think that # is justified because your talking about Imaginary guys living in the Skies. If ATS wasnt so hardcore about its rules you would hear some harsh words from me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by undo

Why make up your own scripture when Jesus was clear that you WILL burn. He talked about Hell more than heaven even...

watch the video i posted.
ancient egyptians also had a lake of fire. it wasn't a lake. it was a door way with blazing light come out of it.
yes, seriously. maybe hell is a slave planet or something at the other end of a wormhole, that's even worse than this one. i dunno. all i know is, i have been studying this stuff for a very long time, and there's alot more words in the bible than most people even bother reading or learning about.

No i will not watch the video so you can believe in some heresy. I must admit you miss the whole point of salvation if you don't believe in an actual hell. Jesus said in his own words there is a lake of fire. You are calling him a liar, there for you are not a Christian. You are a heretic and I ask you brother that you will repent. You have obviously been studying the wrong things, your doctrine is not sound at all. I could not really care much for what the Egyptians believed it does not effect anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

i'm your sister not your brother.

i have never been called a heretic before. new experience!
let me put it this way, go learn what the bottomless pit in revelation is. not what someone else told you. go forth, learn . what is the abyss? if the abyss is water, why does it have a door in revelation 9? and if has a door and is water, why is there fire and smoke coming out of it? and if it has a door and has fire and smoke coming of it and is in the water, why's the angel need a key to open it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Dude what is wrong with you. Your such a damn bully and you think that # is justified because your talking about Imaginary guys living in the Skies. If ATS wasnt so hardcore about its rules you would hear some harsh words from me.

God doesn't live in the sky my friend he lives in heaven. If he lived in the sky we could get in a plane and visit him now couldn't we? If you think I'm a bully for having sound doctrine then that's fine by me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Why are you talking about cults all of a sudden? I think I should report your post as off-topic.

Report??? You're going to report me???Why are you such a brown-noser.

Did I push a button?... Grow some thick skin. Why is everyone so sensitive. All that faith and you're so insecure. Wow

FYI,,, religion, relationship and cult is the same thing. Christianity is a cult. I'm not off topic. Please don't pout.

Really ? Report??

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

As soon as you repent to him for judging people

I love all the "fire" stuff though. Another classic example of bringing fear to one so they believe.

Something tells me if you weren't afraid, you would of never heard Christ's words at all. You would of walked right past the door and never seen it to begin with. LOL

Fear is the underlining thing throughout all of history. Why did God and/or Christ need to use fear to get people to follow them/him/her/whatever?

Why did God create Satan (at all) if he never had to use the tactic of fear to get one to follow? LOL Funny how Christians neglect to discuss or talk about at all that Satan is in fact God's creation. For what purpose at all? What possible reason would God need Satan for other than anything other than fear.

Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear God's wrath, fear Hell, fear Satan, fear the Jews, fear the Christians, fear them all! Isn't there one single place to go without having to fear something? I am sure your response would be "Heaven" but you had to be afraid of something to get there.

The whole hell thing from misinformed and uneducated people is getting old. They can't prove it exist, but they know exactly what it looks like. It looks like fear to me. Living in any type of fear sounds like hell to me. Not a place at all.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i'm your sister not your brother.

i have never been called a heretic before. new experience!
let me put it this way, go learn what the bottomless pit in revelation is. not what someone else told you. go forth, learn . what is the abyss? if the abyss is water, why does it have a door in revelation 9? and if has a door and is water, why is there fire and smoke coming out of it? and if it has a door and has fire and smoke coming of it and is in the water, why's the angel need a key to open it?

So Jesus says you will burn, and you say people will not? Are you sure you are saved and put your trust in Jesus as savior? If you can't even trust him with something as simple as that, then how can you trust him with your salvation. No offence but you remind me of a Mormon... Making up things to suit your beliefs and not actually believing in the word of God even if it go's against what you might like. Imo that is a quick road to unsound doctrine.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Why make up your own scripture when Jesus was clear that you WILL burn. He talked about Hell more than heaven even... Sorry but if you don't believe Jesus own words then you can't really be a Christian. Its not pick or choose. Its all or nothing...

Worm holes do exist. That's a fact and proven. The only problem is, it only resides in the quantum level. Too small for it to be significant.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Great apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes.
Man has 23 pairs.
"Chromosome 2" in man is a fused pair. Basically, two of the additional ape chromosomes have fused together to form a single dual-chromosome.

Why would a deity with the power to create/destroy the universe create something with this fused pair?
Either the ape is a sub-genus of man (in which case a created fused pair of chromosomes split to bring about apres), or vice versa (in which a pair of ape chromosomes fused to bring about a new species). Wouldn't a man created by a deity have no correlation at all to apes?

Of course, this all depends on which verse in the Bible you read most... God created man and then the beasts or God created the beasts and then man. Same book. Same story. Different ending. Fossils were obviously put there to confuse the uninitiated, and carbon dating etc. is the work of Satan. See how this story works? Brilliant, isn't it?

I don't believe your book was written by a deity, and therefore I am a heretic/vessel of Satan. I just thought I was inquisitive. Nope. I am evil. Good book you have there. Don't question because if you do you are evil and to be hated.

Creationism is clinging to Bronze age mythology to justify being unkind to people who question the world around them.

There's an English magician/prestidigitator/illusionist called Paul Daniels. His 'catchphrase' is "It's Magic!"

Evolution uses a series of collected data to establish the best known probability of cause and effect.
Creationism uses, "It's Magic!"
Which one is most probably correct?

Miracles? When someone opens their eyes and wonders. Then asks questions.
"I read it in the Bible" isn't really questioning anything, is it?

If all your questions are answered by "It's Magic!" (miracles, divine providence, "and so it was" etc.) you're probably never going to pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

Welcome to Oz...

link   

A theory is something that can be potentially, but not yet has been, proven by scientific experimentation. As technology evolves (Sorry. I used the "E" word), so will our understanding of the universe.
Nothing you've stated has been or can be construed as theory as it cannot be and never will be reproduced via experimentation. See the difference?

The irony of this is, I'm not even atheist. I believe in a higher power. I just don't believe in deities, nor do I believe if a deity were to exist, he'd market benefits to people for kissing his ass. That's a petty and mortal-like sense of entitlement that an "infinite being" wouldn't require. You're projecting human qualities onto something you can't even understand, not the other way around.

link   

So Jesus says you will burn, and you say people will not? Are you sure you are saved and put your trust in Jesus as savior? If you can't even trust him with something as simple as that, then how can you trust him with your salvation. No offence but you remind me of a Mormon... Making up things to suit your beliefs and not actually believing in the word of God even if it go's against what you might like. Imo that is a quick road to unsound doctrine.

read revelation 9, then show me where jesus says i will burn.
edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join